ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Caleb "Biggie" Swanigan

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Dead at 25.

FVyCbsaWYAYIzeB

This sucks man. Dude had a hard life and got to the top if but for a brief period. Dad was a crack addict who was at one point charged with murder. He and his mom and siblings were in and out of a homeless shelter much of his life (after running away from his abusive dad). He battled extreme weight issues (Dude was 6'2, 360 in 8th grade). And still found the strength and perseverance to become a 1st team All American despite all that.

I heard when his NBA dream ended, he descended back into his personal demons. I'm thoroughly convinced that if it weren't for basketball, he'd have been another teenage casualty that none of us would have ever known.

Sad indeed. I had just seen a story about him a couple months ago where he had put on a ton of weight, he was pretty massive. I assume that contributed to his death. He was a beast at Purdue.

Sad indeed. I had just seen a story about him a couple months ago where he had put on a ton of weight, he was pretty massive. I assume that contributed to his death. He was a beast at Purdue.
Yeah, someone on the homeboard said he weighed 600 pounds at his death and was diabetic and not treating it and had a cardiac event. His dad died of complications from diabetes at 50.

Yeah, someone on the homeboard said he weighed 600 pounds at his death and was diabetic and not treating it and had a cardiac event. His dad died of complications from diabetes at 50.

Damn

When I see stories like this now, it's especially tough because the NIL really, really could've done some good for a kid like Caleb. He stayed in college to better his game and his draft position; it'd have been sweet if he'd had had a couple of years with an introduction to money rL course.

I was Lk terrified heading into that 2017, S16 (?) matchup.. guy had power and skill.

RIP Biggie

Caleb Swanigan, Darius Lee, Terrence Clarke, Michael Ojo, Tyler Honneycutt, Fab Melo, and Bryce Dejean-Jones. All under the age of 30, and all in the past few years. Far too many. Sad. Very, sad. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Dead at 25.

FVyCbsaWYAYIzeB

This sucks man. Dude had a hard life and got to the top if but for a brief period. Dad was a crack addict who was at one point charged with murder. He and his mom and siblings were in and out of a homeless shelter much of his life (after running away from his abusive dad). He battled extreme weight issues (Dude was 6'2, 360 in 8th grade). And still found the strength and perseverance to become a 1st team All American despite all that.

I heard when his NBA dream ended, he descended back into his personal demons. I'm thoroughly convinced that if it weren't for basketball, he'd have been another teenage casualty that none of us would have ever known.

RIP.

600 lbs?

Dead at 25.

FVyCbsaWYAYIzeB

This sucks man. Dude had a hard life and got to the top if but for a brief period. Dad was a crack addict who was at one point charged with murder. He and his mom and siblings were in and out of a homeless shelter much of his life.

His brother and Roosevelt Barnes saved his life....If not for his brother reaching out to Barnes, its highly unlikely Caleb makes it to 18....

This was a song he put out recently according to reddit. Looks like he was in shape(aka not 600lbs).

Dead at 25.

FVyCbsaWYAYIzeB

how do you get to 360 lbs in 8th grade while being in and out of homeless shelters? Golden Corral cater those places?

how do you get to 360 lbs in 8th grade while being in and out of homeless shelters? Golden Corral cater those places?
Crappy, unhealthy food is cheap. most homeless people you think of spend the money they get on drugs and drugs aren’t cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT