ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the 16 remaining teams based on their NCAAT play

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
Not based on how they've done all season. Rank the Sweet 16 based on how they performed this past weekend. I'll go:

1. Villanova
2. Duke
3. Clemson
4. Texas A&M
5. FSU
6. West Virginia
7. Kansas
8. Syracuse
9. Purdue
10. Kentucky
11. Gonzaga
12. Michigan
13. Loyola Chicago
14. Texas Tech
15. Nevada
16. Kansas State

If you want to just do top 5 or top 10, that's cool too.

Every match up is unique. Regardless of seed, some teams match up better against others. It's what makes the NCAA tournament so unpredictable. One game a team could look like a world beater because of the other team doesn't match up well with you and the next game you could run into a system or defense that gives your team pause. It's why the tournament is like no other.

Usually by the time you get to the Sweet 16, vast majority of the teams could theatrically beat anyone else. There's always an exception or two.

Nova, Duke and WVU have been the most dominant and looked the best, but haven't played great teams. Might throw Clemson in there too.

Texas AM has the best wins and was actually pretty dominant in the process. (Edit: I'd probably put them over wvu if I wasn't too lazy to completely redo this post.)

Syracuse and Fsu have big wins too but didn't look great doing it.

Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Purdue, Gonzaga and Texas Tech have struggled a little against lesser teams but moved on.

K state, Loyola, Nevada are just happy to be here.

Last edited:
Nova, Duke and WVU have been the most dominant and looked the best, but haven't played great teams. Might throw Clemson in there too.

Texas AM has the best wins and was actually pretty dominant in the process. (Edit: I'd probably put them over wvu if I wasn't too lazy to completely redo this post.)

Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Purdue, Gonzaga and Texas Tech have struggled a little against lesser teams but moved on.

I don't know. FSU beat the crap out of Mizzou (a trendy pick and higher seed) and then just held an elite O to basically 1 point per possession, while creating the second highest turnover percentage against Xavier this season.

I do agree with Nova, Duke, WVU, and Texas A&M though.

I don't know. FSU beat the crap out of Mizzou (a trendy pick and higher seed) and then just held an elite O to basically 1 point per possession, while creating the second highest turnover percentage against Xavier this season.

I do agree with Nova, Duke, WVU, and Texas A&M though.

I've always thought Xavier was a little overrated, and they kind of gave that game away late from what I saw.

But fair enough .. fsu has been impressive.

Reactions: KisteK

Kentucky did not struggle one iota. They only beat Davidson by five because Davidson got two late desperation threes. UK beat the dog dung out of Buffalo. So I still don't know what struggles UK had.

I agree with Michigan, Purdue, Gonzage and Texas Tech struggling a little. In fact Michigan really struggles.

Right now I'd say Villanova has looked the best.

Then a gap

Then a group of Texas A&M, Duke, WV, Kansas

Then another gap

Everyne else

Kentucky did not struggle one iota. They only beat Davidson by five because Davidson got two late desperation threes. UK beat the dog dung out of Buffalo. So I still don't know what struggles UK had.

I agree with Michigan, Purdue, Gonzage and Texas Tech struggling a little. In fact Michigan really struggles.

I didn't see the Davidson game. Just saw they only won by 5.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I didn't see the Davidson game. Just saw they only won by 5.

Game was close for ~35 minutes, UK got some separation then Davidson fouled to extend the game 107 times late and hit a bunch of shots. I wouldn't say they struggled as much as they withstood a damn good offensive team owning them from deep (33-0 differential from 3). Buffalo they ran off the court in the second half.
For my money A&M had the most impressive performance so far of the tournament save UMBC over UVA.

Nova looks the best to me.

Loyola has been a lot of fun to watch. They are also really good.

Huggins teams are just a tough out. They Always get after it.

Syracuse could realistically beat 13 of those teams. They cannot beat Duke. Off topic, but the realization made me a little sad.

Syracuse could realistically beat 13 of those teams. They cannot beat Duke. Off topic, but the realization made me a little sad.

Sorry, buddy. But hey, this tourney has been crazy. You never know.

ADVERTISEMENT