ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley and EJ out, Hagans hobbled

Another 25 point favorite. It really shouldn’t be close. This is a young but talented Kentucky team.

I know this going to sound like I’m being a hater, but I don’t like the way Cal coaches offense. The spacing always seems off and they don't always seem to pass with a purpose. His defense is usually really solid though.

You are a hater. But you’re not wrong.

Edit: For some reason I thought Baracus was who I was replying to

Last edited:
Plus, we're still waiting for this guy . . . will provide more offense.

190709_DontaieA_NR_05.jpg

Meet the Wildcats: Dontaie Allen
ONAUGUST 12, 2019ALL +

SHAREON:...
Dontaie Allen has not suited up for the Kentucky Wildcats yet, but he's already well known to UK fans after winning Kentucky's Mr. Basketball award following his senior season at Pendleton County High School.

The Falmouth, Kentucky, native averaged a staggering 42.9 points and 14.2 rebounds per game for Pendleton County. He was limited to just 13 games during his senior season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee on Dec. 22.

He capped his high school career with 3,255 career points, which ranks 11th all-time in state history. His 1,228 career rebounds is the 22nd best in state allure.

When he signed his National Letter of Intent in November, Allen became the first player from the state of Kentucky to sign a national letter of intent with UK since Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis, who were both part of the class of 2013.

"Dontaie is one of Kentucky's finest," UK head coach John Calipari said. "I love Dontaie's ability to score the ball in different ways. He's got a lot of skills with the ball in his hands and athleticism to play above the rim. I'm always excited anytime there's a player from our state who can come in and help this program and have an impact. Dontaie does all that for us."

Allen also dominated the Kentucky high school scene during his junior season, averaging 31.8 points and 11.4 rebounds for Pendelton. He shot 59.1 percent from the floor and 39.6 percent from 3-point range.

He jumped up recruiting charts after a sensational summer, climbing as high as No. 54 in Rivals' rankings. 247 Sports lists him at No. 84 overall and ESPN tabs him at No. 91.

"As far back as I can remember, I've been a UK fan," Allen said. "The walls in my room are painted UK blue with pictures of Rupp Arena hanging with hopes and dreams of someday playing there. So many great players have come through the University of Kentucky. Being born and raised in this great state, this has been a dream of mine.

"Competing against elite level players reminds me of what my parents always told me: 'Steel sharpens steel.' I carry that with me. Having the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame Coach in Coach Cal at an elite program like Kentucky in front of the best fans in the world, the Big Blue Nation, I'm just blessed and very thankful. Big Blue dreams do come true."

Allen is a wing player by definition because of his ability to play both the guard and forward positions. His ability to shoot and handle the ball bodes well for where the game is trending towards, but he'll also pose matchup problems for smaller defenders because of his athleticism and size. He stands at 6-foot-6, 200 pounds.

Learn more about Dontaie Allen in the "Meet the Wildcats", presented by Papa John's, edition of the "Behind Kentucky Basketball" podcast.

Plus, we're still waiting for this guy . . . will provide more offense.

190709_DontaieA_NR_05.jpg

Meet the Wildcats: Dontaie Allen
ONAUGUST 12, 2019ALL +

SHAREON:...
Dontaie Allen has not suited up for the Kentucky Wildcats yet, but he's already well known to UK fans after winning Kentucky's Mr. Basketball award following his senior season at Pendleton County High School.

The Falmouth, Kentucky, native averaged a staggering 42.9 points and 14.2 rebounds per game for Pendleton County. He was limited to just 13 games during his senior season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee on Dec. 22.

He capped his high school career with 3,255 career points, which ranks 11th all-time in state history. His 1,228 career rebounds is the 22nd best in state allure.

When he signed his National Letter of Intent in November, Allen became the first player from the state of Kentucky to sign a national letter of intent with UK since Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis, who were both part of the class of 2013.

"Dontaie is one of Kentucky's finest," UK head coach John Calipari said. "I love Dontaie's ability to score the ball in different ways. He's got a lot of skills with the ball in his hands and athleticism to play above the rim. I'm always excited anytime there's a player from our state who can come in and help this program and have an impact. Dontaie does all that for us."

Allen also dominated the Kentucky high school scene during his junior season, averaging 31.8 points and 11.4 rebounds for Pendelton. He shot 59.1 percent from the floor and 39.6 percent from 3-point range.

He jumped up recruiting charts after a sensational summer, climbing as high as No. 54 in Rivals' rankings. 247 Sports lists him at No. 84 overall and ESPN tabs him at No. 91.

"As far back as I can remember, I've been a UK fan," Allen said. "The walls in my room are painted UK blue with pictures of Rupp Arena hanging with hopes and dreams of someday playing there. So many great players have come through the University of Kentucky. Being born and raised in this great state, this has been a dream of mine.

"Competing against elite level players reminds me of what my parents always told me: 'Steel sharpens steel.' I carry that with me. Having the opportunity to play for a Hall of Fame Coach in Coach Cal at an elite program like Kentucky in front of the best fans in the world, the Big Blue Nation, I'm just blessed and very thankful. Big Blue dreams do come true."

Allen is a wing player by definition because of his ability to play both the guard and forward positions. His ability to shoot and handle the ball bodes well for where the game is trending towards, but he'll also pose matchup problems for smaller defenders because of his athleticism and size. He stands at 6-foot-6, 200 pounds.

Learn more about Dontaie Allen in the "Meet the Wildcats", presented by Papa John's, edition of the "Behind Kentucky Basketball" podcast.
We can't have enough shooters. Especially being our shooters suck old man balls right now.

"get in the hole"

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Whoa, so Mark Pope took the BYU job and UVU's three best players with him- dirty...

To be fair, Toolson actually played two years at BYU before transferring to UVU. Looks like the other two guys were coming off the bench (7 ppg and 4.6 ppg). It seems like coaches often take one guy with them. I can't recall any coach taking three guys. Kind of strange.

It’s early in the season and we have some injuries. We have looked awful the last two games and we lost one of those games that we shouldn’t have lost but it happens. Come March we will be ok

“No one cares about injuries to blue blood programs! Injuries are apart of the game! It’s up to your coach to have a deep bench!”

-Signed,

Haters!

It does seem like Kentucky is having issues Duke had at the start of several past seasons. It hurts chemistry and rotation when players are injured at the beginning of the season and trying to integrate them into the rotation hasn’t work out well (neither has losing key player(s) during the season either). It sucks! But again, expect no sympathy from other fans!

Jimmy Dykes. Just yikes.
I'd rather listen to Dick Vitale sucking off K for 2 hours than Jimmy call a game. He's really that bad.

*not saying Dick sucks off K, but I'd rather listen to him suck off K than hear another Dykes game.

Young teams (like we have every single year now) can be so frustrating to watch. I'm yelling at the TV, then realize we are up 25 points.

Let the cake bake, I guess :)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT