ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley and EJ out, Hagans hobbled

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Guesses on the score tonight? I mean it is Utah valley. But they're 3-1 with a win over UAB. Is it close or a 20 pt blow out?

Another 25 point favorite. It really shouldn’t be close. This is a young but talented Kentucky team.

I know this going to sound like I’m being a hater, but I don’t like the way Cal coaches offense. The spacing always seems off and they don't always seem to pass with a purpose. His defense is usually really solid though.

Reactions: RipThru
Another 25 point favorite. It really shouldn’t be close. This is a young but talented Kentucky team.

I know this going to sound like I’m being a hater, but I don’t like the way Cal coaches offense. The spacing always seems off and they don't always seem to pass with a purpose. His defense is usually really solid though.
Trust me----You are not in the minority with this.

Indeed he isnt.

Well, to put a positive spin, we're getting role players extra run so extra PT now helpsnus down the road.

Sucks about the injuries. When are you expecting them back?

Kentucky will win this by 20+, but man are they questionable offensively. This might be the most offensively challenged UK team of the Calipari era.

Looked like Richards over the back if anything*. Mostly looked like a play on to me.

Edit: To me.*
Utah Valley kid wrapped his arms around Richards. Thats a foul. If you can, go back and watch Utah kids arms. He wraps them around Richards. Sure he has inside position. But you cannot do that.

Utah Valley kid wrapped his arms around Richards. Thats a foul. If you can, go back and watch Utah kids arms. He wraps them around Richards. Sure he has inside position. But you cannot do that.
I'm streaming on Dish Anywhere and rewinding to a specific point is a PITA. I'll take your word for it. If Richards would learn to just dunk the ball when near the rim he could be elite.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Sucks about the injuries. When are you expecting them back?
I have no idea. I heard about IQ today at work being out so I assume not long. I dont know whats going on with EJ. Im still in full on football mode so I havent brleen as focused on the basketball guys.
I mean, yeah. But damn...Your "role players" are also 5*'s. Laughing

There's something amiss with this team, man. Plus, simply cannot shoot. And repeatedly getting beat off the bounce.

Just odd.
Not being able to shoot has been somewhat of a hallmark for Cal's guards if you go back through the list.

He likes to pull the 5 man to the top of the key and do this hi lo bs like the NBA in order to create spacing for guards to drive. Tired of seeing our guards lead in rebounds at the end of games Laughing i sure as hell miss seing guards who can hit 15 ftrs and big men who can pound the glass inside on both ends

But tonight, I mean we really have am 8 man roster, 2 are out and 1 has a bum foot. Im not gonna lose my mind over this tonight. Like I said, making other guys like Juzang, Brooks, etc have to pitch in for extended run help us long term.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Down 4, 2 minutes to go

”Don’t need a three yet.”

Earning that salary.

Whoa, so Mark Pope took the BYU job and UVU's three best players with him- dirty...

Damn.....This was a one-point game with a little over 2 and some change to go. THis after UK was up 16. Man.

I mean, yeah. But damn...Your "role players" are also 5*'s. Laughing

There's something amiss with this team, man. Plus, simply cannot shoot. And repeatedly getting beat off the bounce.

Just odd.
The team UK has put on the court the last two games is cursed. That's all I can say. They took.it to Michigan state on both ends of the court. The defense looked to be in mid season form, but now, they look like they're playing aau ball.

I don't get it. I think Louisville fans have a witch doctor that put a curse on our guys.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kentucky will win this by 20+, but man are they questionable offensively. This might be the most offensively challenged UK team of the Calipari era.
Yeah, but go back and watch the UK v MSU game. They looked pretty good offensively.

Of course, when shots go down, you look a lot better and it usually carries over to the defensive end.

Our guys are shooting cinder blocks right now.

The team UK has put on the court the last two games is cursed. That's all I can say. They took.it to Michigan state on both ends of the court. The defense looked to be in mid season form, but now, they look like they're playing aau ball.

I don't get it. I think Louisville fans have a witch doctor that put a curse on our guys.

Michigan State was your Super Bowl

No complaints about the refs, I see.
No, I actually think UK got saved by the stripes in this one.

I like how the game was called, had good flow, but UK got a favorable whistle at the end of the game.

We pathetically needed it too.

Reactions: Quavarius
Yeah, but go back and watch the UK v MSU game. They looked pretty good offensively.

Of course, when shots go down, you look a lot better and it usually carries over to the defensive end.

You guys still shot 38% against MSU. You did win, and played great defense though.

Reactions: kyjeff1

MSU was pretty inept shooting. Missed a ton of open looks. And, well, was w/o Langford. I agree that UK looked pretty good. But I do think that game was kinda of a "fools gold" type of game. Or so it seems.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan

I wouldn't say that. 25 of their 69 points (36%) came from the FT line. UK had 3 less field goals and 6 less possessions than MSU, and shot 38% overall.

Obviously did enough to win the game, but I didn't think they looked all that good offensively. Main offense was letting Maxey drive and launch 30ft 3's that he no longer hits.

It’s early in the season and we have some injuries. We have looked awful the last two games and we lost one of those games that we shouldn’t have lost but it happens. Come March we will be ok

I wouldn't say that. 25 of their 69 points (36%) came from the FT line. UK had 3 less field goals and 6 less possessions than MSU, and shot 38% overall.

Obviously did enough to win the game, but I didn't think they looked all that good offensively. Main offense was letting Maxey drive and launch 30ft 3's that he no longer hits.
All those stats you just posted, are better than what we've seen the last two games.

But it's more about what they look like. UK didn’t look broken or lost against MSU, Georgetown or EKU. But these last two games, they looked completely different. Broken is all I can say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT