ADVERTISEMENT

Quad 1 Wins

UNC has led several Quad 1 teams by more than 10 points at some point in the games against them. So maybe we could add all those together and get half a win or something.

For a team that can’t shoot they really should have more wins. Worst than that is that they just can’t finish.

For a team that can’t shoot they really should have more wins. Worst than that is that they just can’t finish.

Yeah, I actually think Roy has done a decent job putting this team in position to win considering the injuries and lack of talent (though you could certainly blame him for the lack of talent). However, they just can't handle the pressure and are maybe the worse shooting team I've ever seen.

It pains me to say this, because I don't like to compliment North Carolina very often. So, take this to heart. UNC is probably the best 13-loss team in the country.

Yeah, I actually think Roy has done a decent job putting this team in position to win considering the injuries and lack of talent (though you could certainly blame him for the lack of talent). However, they just can't handle the pressure and are maybe the worse shooting team I've ever seen.
They didn't seem to have any problems shooting the ball Saturday.

It pains me to say this, because I don't like to compliment North Carolina very often. So, take this to heart. UNC is probably the best 13-loss team in the country.
giphy.gif

coryfly said:

[/quote]
I know. Still found a way to lose though. Hell, we are probably Brooks shooting FTs at an average clip away from a five game winning streak. Whatever though. The team will just do whatever it takes to lose. They will freak out and blow more leads before the year is up.

Reactions: tw3301
Damn, you nailed it… .. no shit, you nailed it. I hit the four roses select pretty hard last night. Bourbon, not whiskey, but close enough.
I'm definitely feeling it. That was a great college basketball Saturday.
I wish Saint Mary's put up a better fight to end the night, but oh well.

Ease us asshole, you are the one driving the price up. Slow down. :(

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ease us asshole, you are the one driving the price up. Slow down. :(
I know right, you would shit if you saw my mancave bar. There are at least 50 different brands on the shelf and tucked underneath.

I located a second bottle of Cream of Kentucky" in Lexington, I might have to go down there tonight and grab it… $138.00 for it.

Can't find Blanton's or Eagle Rare unless you grab the liquor store clerk by the collar and "ask nicely".

Kenpom has them as the third best 13 loss team in the country fwiw

I just like pointing out that they have 13 losses.
To be fair, it is worth nothing. I'd hope if UK had 13 losses, they'd point them out. Call out everything wrong. We as fans talk to the boosters.As if they don't know.

Is the game going past Williams. He's trying with OAD's, but ...

No one wants this type of season. That type of a game against their biggest rival.

It's like the basketball gods came back and said, you got away with one, own this one

Do the god still owe us? UNC should wear this karma for a while.

Shit on the bballs gods all you want to UNC fans.

SmokinSmile

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
To be fair, it is worth nothing. I'd hope if UK had 13 losses, they'd point them out. Call out everything wrong. We as fans talk to the boosters.As if they don't know.

Is the game going past Williams. He's trying with OAD's, but ...

No one wants this type of season. That type of a game against their biggest rival.

It's like the basketball gods came back and said, you got away with one, own this one

Shit on the bballs gods all you want to UNC fans.

SmokinSmile

I don't really understand what this means tbh, lol.

Interesting thought. So, UNC won a title in April of 2017. They were vindicated by the NCAA six months later, as no penalties were levied. 2018 they lost in the 2nd round. 2019 they lost in the Sweet 16 as a 1 seed. Doubtful that they make the NCAAs this year.

Hard to imagine UNC having a Final Four drought longer than 8 years or so. Would be interesting to track if they go a decade or so without a FF run. Still quite a while before we can have fun with that. But, perhaps karma will come back to bite them. Would love to keep saying, "The curse of the academic scandal." Doubtful that happens. I'll remain hopeful :)

Interesting thought. So, UNC won a title in April of 2017. They were vindicated by the NCAA six months later, as no penalties were levied. 2018 they lost in the 2nd round. 2019 they lost in the Sweet 16 as a 1 seed. Doubtful that they make the NCAAs this year.

Hard to imagine UNC having a Final Four drought longer than 8 years or so. Would be interesting to track if they go a decade or so without a FF run. Still quite a while before we can have fun with that. But, perhaps karma will come back to bite them. Would love to keep saying, "The curse of the academic scandal." Doubtful that happens. I'll remain hopeful :)
teams have been cursed for less. Right, cubs and red sox?

Reactions: dukedevilz
I know right, you would shit if you saw my mancave bar. There are at least 50 different brands on the shelf and tucked underneath.

I located a second bottle of Cream of Kentucky" in Lexington, I might have to go down there tonight and grab it… $138.00 for it.

Can't find Blanton's or Eagle Rare unless you grab the liquor store clerk by the collar and "ask nicely".
I have about a half bottle of Blanton's. Eagle Rare is empty. I got the last Eagle Rare at Sams club. Explain that?

I have about a half bottle of Blanton's. Eagle Rare is empty. I got the last Eagle Rare at Sams club. Explain that?
When you go to the liquor store, be sure to ask the clerk if they have any Eagle Rare or Blanton's.

If they have it, it's in the back. They don't put them on the shelves anymore.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UNC has led several Quad 1 teams by more than 10 points at some point in the games against them. So maybe we could add all those together and get half a win or something.
I can appreciate your humor here. If Anthony didn't go down, I still think UNC makes the tournament. Would be nice to have Robinson in there as well. I was watching Roys' presser after the Duke game....one of his best that I have seen and I am not saying that as a shot at Roy. He spoke a lot of truth.

Yeah but now you need to go through and look at all the borderline Quad 1 wins for other teams.

I fully expect an Excel spreadsheet with my request as well as a picture of your sexually dissatisfied wife within the next 2 hours.

I love advanced stats, but the ones like this (if you can call these quadrants any type of advanced stat) are problematic because they involve arbitrary line drawing exercises. To wit, if the difference between Team N and Team N+1 is so small as to be meaningless (i.e. within the margin of error), then this stat artificially amplifies that statistically insignificant difference and creates a distortion where one did not exist before.

The only reason the quadrant crap is even tolerable is because the older version of this - RPI-based "Top N wins!" trash - was somehow even worse.

I've become convinced that all these "top X wins" stats are being developed by Syracuse grads to help push their perpetual bubble team to be in the NCAA tournament to sear our eyeballs with unwatchable jump shooting contests and Boeheim nose picking.

I can appreciate your humor here. If Anthony didn't go down, I still think UNC makes the tournament. Would be nice to have Robinson in there as well. I was watching Roys' presser after the Duke game....one of his best that I have seen and I am not saying that as a shot at Roy. He spoke a lot of truth.

The injuries have been bad. The worst I have ever seen. Most people don't even know about a lot of them tbh. The only two healthy players are the GTs. Still, the injuries don't excuse the players just forgetting how to play basketball any time they have a late lead. They need to suck it up at some point. Roy has tried a lot of different things with them as well IMO. More than usual. Nothing works, lol. Even today he said they were again going over end of game stuff and Roy and other coaches lost it because the team won't do what they are supposed to. I know some of that is practice continuity but still. Just one of those things. It actually makes the games less stressful in some ways.

It mainly sucks because this year almost anyone could win the whole thing. Just an average UNC team could get hot with the crappy field this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: denniden
I know. Still found a way to lose though. Hell, we are probably Brooks shooting FTs at an average clip away from a five game winning streak. Whatever though. The team will just do whatever it takes to lose. They will freak out and blow more leads before the year is up.

FWIW, Brooks was 1-2 from the stripe in a 6 point loss to FSU. But yeah, FTs certainly cost you the Duke game, just as it did for the Noles.

FWIW, Brooks was 1-2 from the stripe in a 6 point loss to FSU. But yeah, FTs certainly cost you the Duke game, just as it did for the Noles.

I just knew he was 1 of his last 14 or something like that and knew we as a team didn't shoot them very well against you guys (though not nearly as bad as Duke IIRC). His FG percentages have bottomed out as well. Dude was crazy efficient and then over the last few games forgot how to even make a layup. I know some of that is the injury but it's more than that IMO. Team is just mentally weak.

I just knew he was 1 of his last 14 or something like that and knew we as a team didn't shoot them very well against you guys (though not nearly as bad as Duke IIRC). His FG percentages have bottomed out as well. Dude was crazy efficient and then over the last few games forgot how to even make a layup. I know some of that is the injury but it's more than that IMO. Team is just mentally weak.
It's like they're proving Roy right, intentionally or not.

I'm making jokes, but cory, I understand, It sucks huge ass to wait all year, with high hopes, and have a season like this. Not quite like this, but I do feel your pain, I hope I can at least be funny with my quips/insults.

*Not that eases any butt soreness. just know I'm thinking of you.

Last edited:
It's like they're proving Roy right, intentionally or not.

I'm making jokes, but cory, I understand, It sucks huge ass to wait all year, with high hopes, and have a season like this. Not quite like this, but I do feel your pain, I hope I can at least be funny with my quips/insults.

*Not that eases any butt soreness. just know I'm thinking of you.

Haha, yeah, it's all good. I mean, it sucks but it's also just basketball. Being upset is all relative. It is pretty far down there in terms of things that are truly upsetting.

Haha, yeah, it's all good. I mean, it sucks but it's also just basketball. Being upset is all relative. It is pretty far down there in terms of things that are truly upsetting.
Speaking of things more significant than UNC basketball. It drives me nuts how Walmart constantly moves stuff around. I buy the tubs of cascade dishwasher tablets. Everytime I go to get a new tub, they're in a different isle. It's a scavenger hunt to get dishwasher tablets.

Speaking of things more significant than UNC basketball. It drives me nuts how Walmart constantly moves stuff around. I buy the tubs of cascade dishwasher tablets. Everytime I go to get a new tub, they're in a different isle. It's a scavenger hunt to get dishwasher tablets.

I have been told that is supposed to actually encourage shoppers to spend more money on different items. To me it's just annoying though.

I have been told that is supposed to actually encourage shoppers to spend more money on different items. To me it's just annoying though.
I've heard that. I buy the exact same dish tabs. Everytime. I've tried others, but they suck. 10 years, same product. Only thing they're doing/done is cause me to complain about them every chance I get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT