ADVERTISEMENT

Quad 1 Wins

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
Check out the record in Quad 1 games for the NET Top 10.

Some of these are not like the others.

SDSU: 4-0
Gonzaga: 5-1
Baylor: 8-0
Kansas: 10-3
Dayton: 3-2
Duke: 3-1
Louisville: 3-3
Maryland: 7-4
WVU: 5-3
Butler: 7-4

Last edited:
Thanks, ACC.

Probably doesn't help that Duke has the most favorable ACC schedule too. Of the current top 5 teams, Duke plays FSU once (home), Louisville once (home loss), UVA once (away) and Syracuse once (away win).

I wonder if Coach K and Duke fans will scream about the unbalanced schedule if Duke manages to win the regular season this year.

I don't know. You're pretty sensitive. Weren't you institutionalized for a couple of months?
That was for crippling gambling addiction and white collar crimes had nothing to with sensitivity. You sound like such a LOSER for insinuating that right now.

Reactions: jhmossy
That was for crippling gambling addiction and white collar crimes had nothing to with sensitivity. You sound like such a LOSER for insinuating that right now.

I didn't insinuate it. I flat out said "you're pretty sensitive". I'd be happy to provide you therapy at a slightly discounted rate.

How long do you plan on being there? What’s your end game?

Death by Arkansas

In all seriousness, I'm selectively looking for other faculty positions. But I'm only 2 years away from tenure so it becomes much harder to move on after that. I've learned to kind of deal with Arkansas. I get so much time off that I can spend those 4 months traveling wherever I want.

Probably doesn't help that Duke has the most favorable ACC schedule too. Of the current top 5 teams, Duke plays FSU once (home), Louisville once (home loss), UVA once (away) and Syracuse once (away win).

I wonder if Coach K and Duke fans will scream about the unbalanced schedule if Duke manages to win the regular season this year.
You mean Duke finally got a conference schedule that looks like a one that UVA usually plays? : ) Seriously though, Duke has a lot easier schedule this year in conference. Much of that has to do with much of the ACC being garbage but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

You mean Duke finally got a conference schedule that looks like a one that UVA usually plays? : ) Seriously though, Duke has a lot easier schedule this year in conference. Much of that has to do with much of the ACC being garbage but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

And how often did we hear about the unbalanced schedule when we were at the top of the standings? ESPN constantly talked about that shit. I haven't heard a single word about it this year. Just saying.

We have two wins that are borderline Quad 1. Georgetown is #52. Beat them on a neutral court. VT is #79. Beat them on the road. But yes, the ACC is hot trash and I don't think it bodes well for prepping for the NCAAs.

We have two wins that are borderline Quad 1. Georgetown is #52. Beat them on a neutral court. VT is #79. Beat them on the road. But yes, the ACC is hot trash and I don't think it bodes well for prepping for the NCAAs.

Yeah but now you need to go through and look at all the borderline Quad 1 wins for other teams.

I fully expect an Excel spreadsheet with my request as well as a picture of your sexually dissatisfied wife within the next 2 hours.

Give it time. The UK guys are shaking off last night's whiskey.
Damn, you nailed it… .. no shit, you nailed it. I hit the four roses select pretty hard last night. Bourbon, not whiskey, but close enough.
I'm definitely feeling it. That was a great college basketball Saturday.
I wish Saint Mary's put up a better fight to end the night, but oh well.

You don't have time to be depressed in Detroit, you better stay low and keep your head on a swivel.

I build/maintain cell tower antenna systems for all the cellular carriers in Michigan/Ohio/KY and of course, they like us to do service effecting work at night sometimes. That is no freaking fun in Detroit.
Everything is grounded to copper bars, those dudes will kill you for one of those copper bars, just so they can salvage it for a couple bucks.

Reactions: American Male
You don't have time to be depressed in Detroit, you better stay low and keep your head on a swivel.

I build/maintain cell tower antenna systems for all the cellular carriers in Michigan/Ohio/KY and of course, they like us to do service effecting work at night sometimes. That is no freaking fun in Detroit.
Everything is grounded to copper bars, those dudes will kill you for one of those copper bars, just so they can salvage it for a couple bucks.
Do they look like this?

EAb31U-WwAQ_Zd1.jpg

Yeah but now you need to go through and look at all the borderline Quad 1 wins for other teams.

I fully expect an Excel spreadsheet with my request as well as a picture of your sexually dissatisfied wife within the next 2 hours.

She's super pregnant right now, so it may not be the quite the picture you're wanting. Baby is due in April. Don't think I can handle another March baby. Wife and the other two kids are March babies. I hate how I always have to miss their birthdays.

She's super pregnant right now, so it may not be the quite the picture you're wanting. Baby is due in April. Don't think I can handle another March baby. Wife and the other two kids are March babies. I hate how I always have to miss their birthdays.

Or maybe it's EXACTLY the picture I'm wanting.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Do they look like this?

EAb31U-WwAQ_Zd1.jpg
Yeah, we do all kinds of stealth towers. Some look like really fat flagpoles, church crosses, billboards and clock towers.

Those pine tree styles have greatly improved the last 20 years. The first ones looked like toilet brushes.

And how often did we hear about the unbalanced schedule when we were at the top of the standings? ESPN constantly talked about that shit. I haven't heard a single word about it this year. Just saying.
You are arguing against yourself. I agree with you. I can’t help what ESPN says.

Reactions: jhmossy

Bout time Duke gets a favorable ACC schedule. :p

ADVERTISEMENT