ADVERTISEMENT

Prosperity gospel

You said if you were to buy into anything it would be the 72 virgins. How do you think you would get those 72 virgins? I am not a real religious person, I just thought it was interesting that you were glorifying an evil belief, but dismissing the thought of everlasting life in a heavenly kingdom. As far as the loving and forgiving God, I feel like that is how Christians view God. Whatever you find to be hypocritical based on 2,000 years ago doesn't really apply in today's Christianity. But Muslims are being brainwashed by extremists to belive that there will be 72 virgins waiting in paradise for them if they kill innocent people, still today.

it is not 72 virgins
it is a 72 year old virgin

Both you and datt have posted ITT since I responded to him two days ago. All of the sudden you want to chime in when I respond to him today. I know you are #TeamDatt, but all I said was it was interesting. I guess a practicing Christian like datt and you (another Christian?) Would rather call my posts out than a person who is mocking your faith. Some joke.

Easy, tiger.

First, I’m not Christian.

Second, mocking religion? Guy made a joke about 72 virgins. Anyone at all could tell that was a joke, and that it wasn’t about a forum member suddenly deciding to become a suicide bomber. It wasn’t mocking Christianity.

Third, no idea what Datt has to do with this. I saw your response yesterday but didn’t bother to respond because I figured one nutty post wasn’t worth it. But you’ve kept it up.

I’m just saying... don’t you ever dare a) accuse me of not being able to take a joke or b) accuse me of being easily offended ever again;)

Reactions: Dattier
Easy, tiger.

First, I’m not Christian.

Second, mocking religion? Guy made a joke about 72 virgins. Anyone at all could tell that was a joke, and that it wasn’t about a forum member suddenly deciding to become a suicide bomber. It wasn’t mocking Christianity.

Third, no idea what Datt has to do with this. I saw your response yesterday but didn’t bother to respond because I figured one nutty post wasn’t worth it. But you’ve kept it up.

I’m just saying... don’t you ever dare a) accuse me of not being able to take a joke or b) accuse me of being easily offended ever again;)
Haha. No need for the easy tiger. I am not the one jumping at a false chance to point out hypocrisy here. My first response to him was a joke. My second was a defense of him saying my christians kill innocent people. In no way did I get upset or even act like I was ever offended. You say he wasn't mocking Christiaity, I guess you missed where he was mocking Christianity. Haha.

It's very easy to see that your interaction with me here today was influenced by the dattier. You have ignored every one of my posts ITT before this, even one where I was responding to you, except for one. And you started that one out very weird.

You two are very weird people.

You said if you were to buy into anything it would be the 72 virgins. How do you think you would get those 72 virgins? I am not a real religious person, I just thought it was interesting that you were glorifying an evil belief, but dismissing the thought of everlasting life in a heavenly kingdom. As far as the loving and forgiving God, I feel like that is how Christians view God. Whatever you find to be hypocritical based on 2,000 years ago doesn't really apply in today's Christianity. But Muslims are being brainwashed by extremists to belive that there will be 72 virgins waiting in paradise for them if they kill innocent people, still today.
Much less than 2000 years ago. I'm not glorifying anything bub lol. If I did, I start with duke fans. I'ld be wearing my uk gear sitting with 72 babes...

Just my two cents..

I’m an agnostic. Truly have no idea what comes after life, if anything. However, if you feel the need to rip the other side because they think differently than you, you are really insecure about your own beliefs. Let people believe what they want and what makes them happy. It doesn’t hurt you one bit if someone does or doesn’t beleive in god.

I believe in GOD THE ALMIGHTY, maker of HEAVEN AND EARTH. I BELIEVE that their is good & evil, LOVE & hate, things that are BEAUTIFUL things that are ugly and HEAVEN & hell.I believe in SMILEING and having a PEACE with in you. I want to wish all of you PEACE.

I wish to add that the more you say the word LOVE and the more you hear the word LOVE, you will have a brighter and stronger PEACE with in you. The more you can SMILE at people, the more SMILES that will come your way. The more RESPECT you show others will be the RESPECT you will have for yourself. The more LOVE you show to others, will be the LOVE you will have for yourself....SMILE

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
Just my two cents..

I’m an agnostic. Truly have no idea what comes after life, if anything. However, if you feel the need to rip the other side because they think differently than you, you are really insecure about your own beliefs. Let people believe what they want and what makes them happy. It doesn’t hurt you one bit if someone does or doesn’t beleive in god.

The only time I get irritated is when people use religious beliefs as the basis for legislation.

So why don't we take a break from calling each other out. I don't have much hope in that from the other guy, but that has always been what it is.
Oh, sure. I suppose you'll be so earnest and eager about learning how my life has been negatively affected under our current President again, huh?

The only time I get irritated is when people use religious beliefs as the basis for legislation.
I agree for the most part---unless we are talking about general religious principles that make the world go round. Most of the ten commandments seem to be common sense practice for any civilization if they want a happy and healthy life.

System seems flawed and downright cruel. Believe in me or you burn in hell for eternity. There is no fear in love. I think it’s crazy to be ok and happy with a system that sends billions to hell, possibly even some you love, while your off in paradise living it up. How can you possibly enjoy heaven knowing that so many are in hell? Can u imagine burning in hell for eternity?? I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy and just one person burning for eternity is too much. It says that god loves everyone more than your earthly parents ever will. If that’s true, then how can an all loving god send someone to hell for eternity. I don’t have kids but I love my niece and nephews more than anything and would definitely never want them in hell. I get being somewhat punished, but eternal punishment ? Just doesn’t seem right.

I agree for the most part---unless we are talking about general religious principles that make the world go round. Most of the ten commandments seem to be common sense practice for any civilization if they want a happy and healthy life.

Oh no, that I'm generally fine with. But the moment people start preaching about how gay people shouldn't be able to get married or have children, or women shouldn't be able to make up their own minds about their medical and life issues, all because a floating dude in the sky said it was wrong or something... **** no. Move to Iran if you want that.

Unless I share it after being asked. Then I get called a liar by the same person who asked.
I am entitled to my opinion of you being a liar. And since you brought it up, you must remember that I didn't ask YOU that question. You just decided to answer it. It's typical of you to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong.

System seems flawed and downright cruel. Believe in me or you burn in hell for eternity. There is no fear in love. I think it’s crazy to be ok and happy with a system that sends billions to hell, possibly even some you love, while your off in paradise living it up. How can you possibly enjoy heaven knowing that so many are in hell? Can u imagine burning in hell for eternity?? I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy and just one person burning for eternity is too much. It says that god loves everyone more than your earthly parents ever will. If that’s true, then how can an all loving god send someone to hell for eternity. I don’t have kids but I love my niece and nephews more than anything and would definitely never want them in hell. I get being somewhat punished, but eternal punishment ? Just doesn’t seem right.

God may come off as stern, capricious, and unforgiving to some, but that is far cry from His true nature. God recognizes that not everyone will have the same opportunities to hear His Gospel. There’s a scripture in Romans that states, “for where no law is, there is no transgression.” What happens to all the unborn babies that die? The infants that die? People that never heard of Christ hundreds of years ago? People that haven’t been able to hear the gospel in its entirety? Would it be just for God to send them all to hell because they weren’t made believers during their mortal probation? Of course not! Remember that scripture in John 20:17 where Christ says, “Touch me not for I have not yet ascended into heaven?” Christ had already been dead for 3 days; where was he for those three days? He went to the spirit world, as he had promised the thieves on the cross (Luke 23:43). There he organized the preaching of the gospel to the spirits in prison. This is a biblical teaching:

-John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
-1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
-1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

To think that God is going to eternally condemn everybody that doesn’t accept Christ is simply naïve. People in different cultures, Muslims especially with familial pressures, have very little chance of fully embracing Christianity. What loving Father would abandon his children who never knew of anything about him to begin with? Would he condemn those who died before reaching adulthood or even infancy? Would he condemn those who never even heard of what Christ or what He sacrificed for all of mankind? Every spirit son and daughter of God will have the chance to hear the Gospel in its entirety. God is just and God wants all of his children to return to Him. He doesn’t love you anymore than He loves me – or vice-versa. I have faith that things will work themselves out because I trust in the wisdom and mercy of God.

Reactions: shun1

In the Nag Hammadi scripts. There were sayings by Jesus (supposedly) that stated no one stays in hell.... I'm an atheist whose self educated in christianity.

The truth is I never felt true peace, until I let go of trying to wrap my head around something that I'm not capable of lol...

Oh no, that I'm generally fine with. But the moment people start preaching about how gay people shouldn't be able to get married or have children, or women shouldn't be able to make up their own minds about their medical and life issues, all because a floating dude in the sky said it was wrong or something... **** no. Move to Iran if you want that.
For sure. Nothing is worse than thumpers, and most are usually joyless people in general.

Some people think that because I'm an atheist, I'm angry at christians. Not at all. I choose to get into the fray here lol. I have friends that are christians and I certainly don't bust their chops, nor them mine. I have step daughter who is a christian. I support her in her personal beliefs and never commented unless she asked. I'ld go to church with her quite often. It was a small church and the people there were great. They accepted me as I am and did not try to outright change me. We had some very good, calm discussions.

I disagree with the philosophy of it, but some people gain comfort in it. And i'm all for anyone finding peace and happiness. At the end of the day, everyone should respect that from each other. I oppose racism and politics is a bigger shit storm than religion to me...

God may come off as stern, capricious, and unforgiving to some, but that is far cry from His true nature. God recognizes that not everyone will have the same opportunities to hear His Gospel. There’s a scripture in Romans that states, “for where no law is, there is no transgression.” What happens to all the unborn babies that die? The infants that die? People that never heard of Christ hundreds of years ago? People that haven’t been able to hear the gospel in its entirety? Would it be just for God to send them all to hell because they weren’t made believers during their mortal probation? Of course not! Remember that scripture in John 20:17 where Christ says, “Touch me not for I have not yet ascended into heaven?” Christ had already been dead for 3 days; where was he for those three days? He went to the spirit world, as he had promised the thieves on the cross (Luke 23:43). There he organized the preaching of the gospel to the spirits in prison. This is a biblical teaching:

-John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
-1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
-1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

To think that God is going to eternally condemn everybody that doesn’t accept Christ is simply naïve. People in different cultures, Muslims especially with familial pressures, have very little chance of fully embracing Christianity. What loving Father would abandon his children who never knew of anything about him to begin with? Would he condemn those who died before reaching adulthood or even infancy? Would he condemn those who never even heard of what Christ or what He sacrificed for all of mankind? Every spirit son and daughter of God will have the chance to hear the Gospel in its entirety. God is just and God wants all of his children to return to Him. He doesn’t love you anymore than He loves me – or vice-versa. I have faith that things will work themselves out because I trust in the wisdom and mercy of God.

Did you ever buy into the old testament lol... You either believe the ot or not... god was one angry, jealous guy/gal/whatnot loved to smite

Some people think that because I'm an atheist, I'm angry at christians. Not at all. I choose to get into the fray here lol. I have friends that are christians and I certainly don't bust their chops, nor them mine. I have step daughter who is a christian. I support her in her personal beliefs and never commented unless she asked. I'ld go to church with her quite often. It was a small church and the people there were great. They accepted me as I am and did not try to outright change me. We had some very good, calm discussions.

I disagree with the philosophy of it, but some people gain comfort in it. And i'm all for anyone finding peace and happiness. At the end of the day, everyone should respect that from each other. I oppose racism and politics is a bigger shit storm than religion to me...

The above sounds great.

....so were you drunk or just being a dick when you wrote this?

I didn't say anything about killing innocent people. How many innocent people have been killed in the name of your loving and forgiving god? lol. Your god condones killing and and is about as believable as the tooth fairy and good ole st nick. Throw in the easter bunny for good measure.

Did you ever buy into the old testament lol... You either believe the ot or not... god was one angry, jealous guy/gal/whatnot loved to smite

There are many troubling stories in the Old Testament. Sometimes it's difficult to reconcile some of the stuff that went down. I mean, if the Old Testament were a movie, it would almost certainly be rated R. For the most part, I would say the OT isn't very spiritually edifying.

I don't believe in the infalliability of the scriptures, and especially not the Old Testament. Lots of inconsistencies and contradictions lead me to believe that many of the scribes were a bit careless in the translation. Also, we don't have any original autographs, so who knows what's actually contained in the originals.

I think a lot of the perceived anger coming from the God of Israel can easily be misconstrued. The “anger” of the Lord is the truth of God’s justice manifested against the disobedient. I don't know exactly why everything happened, or why sometimes he appears to full of vengeance and destruction. But he has never promised any sort of safety for those who willfully disobey his commandments.

As far as the "jealous" God, no, that has never bothered me. Jealousy, as used in the Old Testament, essentially means that he has deep and abiding feelings for his sons and daughters. It's the same way for a wife that wants to see her husband shortly after he comes home from work. If he's an hour late, she might be worried, she might be anxious, and she's probably a little bothered. We are his work and his glory, so if we're taking detours along the way, he's going to be a little sad.

Reactions: shun1 and Mac9192
Oh no, that I'm generally fine with. But the moment people start preaching about how gay people shouldn't be able to get married or have children, or women shouldn't be able to make up their own minds about their medical and life issues, all because a floating dude in the sky said it was wrong or something... **** no. Move to Iran if you want

I definitely agree that we need to separate our religious affiliations from legislation. Especially regarding something like gay marriage. I didn't engage in this conversation before, and I am not sure if tou did or where you stood on it. But what are your thoughts on this?

I am entitled to my opinion of you being a liar. And since you brought it up, you must remember that I didn't ask YOU that question. You just decided to answer it. It's typical of you to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong.
Asking a question on a public board means you might get answers from a variety of places.
Asking a question about people's personal experiences should understandably yield responses that include some subjectivity.

Asking a question on a public board means you might get answers from a variety of places.
Asking a question about people's personal experiences should understandably yield responses that include some subjectivity.
I asked a particular person a question. I can't stop you from answering, but it does not mean that you answered a question that I asked you. It means you answered a question that I asked someone else. I found your response to be exaggerated and over the top dramatic. Though I don't think you were being honest, I guess I can't determine whether or not you were lying. Maybe calling you a liar is unfair.

ADVERTISEMENT