ADVERTISEMENT

Post your Team's Public Scrimmage

Talk to me if U6 ever reaches 30-0..... hell, make it 20-0.
At least quote me you queer. Your shite conference allows you to get those types of records. You had an NBA team with two sets of first round players and lost to Wisco. Where’s your 38-1 tattoo?

Reactions: j-doolsheels
I’ll go ahead and cue in the retorts including the pussy cat buzzwords found via raftards: u6, pimptino, hookers, u of lol, and array of other sad attempts to insult a school comprised by 40 somethings sitting at their enterprise rent a car desk. :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

At least quote me you queer.
Damn you for making me laugh at this.

tenor.gif

At least quote me you queer. Your shite conference allows you to get those types of records. You had an NBA team with two sets of first round players and lost to Wisco. Where’s your 38-1 tattoo?

.....pretty funny you go all 'Zipp' with trying to smear the conference.... The same conference that has 5 schools in the AP Top 25 released today.
Rings pretty hollow coming from you....

Reactions: catman111
.....pretty funny you go all 'Zipp' with trying to smear the conference.... The same conference that has 5 schools in the AP Top 25 released today.
None of what you said is applicable or relevant. You even threw in a Zipp reference, fully knowing that I make fun of him every chance I get. If you’re going to sling shit, make sure it sticks my guy.

Outside of Kentucky the SEC has been pretty bad over the past decade

Reactions: UL_1986
FYP.

It takes a colossal ass to use advanced metrics rankings before an official shot has been taken by any basketball team this season, by the way.

It takes a colossal ass to imply Kentucky could have two top 5 teams on this roster.

Outside of Kentucky the SEC has been pretty bad over the past decade
No doubt. However, it's obvious with the coaching hires, recruiting, number of teams in the NCAA, etc, they've seemed to have turned the corner.

We'll see how they do OOC this year.

No public scrimmage yet, but we did beat Creighton in a closed scrimmage. Very promising that one of our Freshmen, Gabe Kalscheur, was the leading scorer. Our top rated Freshman, Daniel Oturu, had 10pts/5rebs/3blks in 15 minutes.

Watched ours of course. Man alive can these boys shoot from outside. I bought tickets for Friday nights game today at work. I want to see how our defense is. Cal's best UK teams have always been lock down. How we defend early (we almost always have the defense solid come Feb/March) and most importantly, how we attack the glass especially on offense this season. Need more than PJ to have a pair of brass balls underneath this season. I think we will, gotta see if Nick or EJ answers the call.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Notice that there are no other folks telling us about their intra-squad practices being on TV.

Come on Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, Arizona, Indiana, Arkansas, UCLA, Oregon, Michigan et.al. when are your games on?
IU doesn't play an inter-squad game. Exh game versus USI on Big 10.

I think this will be one of our best shooting teams under Cal. Up there with 2012 and 2011 and also one of our best defensive teams. I think we’re more balanced than the 2015 team as well.

The 2015 team was undoubtedly more talented but I think this team is better suited for college ball. We’ll see though. Schedule is a lot tougher this year than it was then. The sec was a flaming pile that year. Probably the worse it’s been in my lifetime.

Reactions: treyforuk
Did anyone see that Washington beat Nevada 91-73 in Reno yesterday? Washington has everyone back - they are a legitimate top 25 team. But beating Nevada by 18 on the road? Not bad.

Here's the box score.
Not that I put much weight on one preseason game, but I think Nevada is way overrated. Top 25... Sure. Top 10? Nope.

Watched ours of course. Man alive can these boys shoot from outside. I bought tickets for Friday nights game today at work. I want to see how our defense is. Cal's best UK teams have always been lock down. How we defend early (we almost always have the defense solid come Feb/March) and most importantly, how we attack the glass especially on offense this season. Need more than PJ to have a pair of brass balls underneath this season. I think we will, gotta see if Nick or EJ answers the call.

Did you completely forget that Reid Travis exists? Dude is a rebounding machine. UK's bigs are the least of our concern.

Also, this team can really shoot the ball, and that's usually Cal's Achilles. They are gonna score a ludicrous amount of points.

Not that I put much weight on one preseason game, but I think Nevada is way overrated. Top 25... Sure. Top 10? Nope.

They very well might be overrated. On paper, however, they appear to have a lot of talent. I think the Martin twins and Caroline could all be considered All-American candidates. They also bring in a McDonald's All-American in Jordan Brown - and 5 eligible transfers that all averaged at least 13 points per game. I'm excited to see them play. They struggled mightily on the defensive end last year. So I'm sure they'll need time to mesh, find the right rotation, etc. But if they can't correct their defensive struggles, they'll continue to just be a good team - that has a limited ceiling of about the Sweet 16 or so.

Nevada.jpg

They very well might be overrated. On paper, however, they appear to have a lot of talent. I think the Martin twins and Caroline could all be considered All-American candidates. They also bring in a McDonald's All-American in Jordan Brown - and 5 eligible transfers that all averaged at least 13 points per game. I'm excited to see them play. They struggled mightily on the defensive end last year. So I'm sure they'll need time to mesh, find the right rotation, etc. But if they can't correct their defensive struggles, they'll continue to just be a good team - that has a limited ceiling of about the Sweet 16 or so.

Nevada.jpg
Other than Brown they shouldn't need much time to mesh. All those transfers have already been practicing with the team for over a year.

Other than Brown they shouldn't need much time to mesh. All those transfers have already been practicing with the team for over a year.

Trey Porter was at Old Dominion last year - I believe he's projected to start at the 5. But your point makes sense. Playing in a game is a whole different animal, however, especially since none of the transfers would have played with the 1st Team. Time will tell.

Trey Porter was at Old Dominion last year - I believe he's projected to start at the 5. But your point makes sense. Playing in a game is a whole different animal, however, especially since none of the transfers would have played with the 1st Team. Time will tell.
Cheese n rice, I didn't realize they had yet another transfer. I'm not one that buys into the whole playing in games thing. These guys have practiced with each other forever, I am sure they have developed a chemistry. Besides, I'm sure the teams get mixed around when they scrimmage or even when the kids are in the gym on their own time. You're only talking about like 26 hours of total game time during a season (and that's playing the entire 40 minutes of 40 games). They'll accumulate that much during a week and a half practicing with each other during the summer.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I doubt they go 40-0 but Herro is not the only shooter. Quade is a very good shooter (shot 38% from three last year and over 50 in the Bahamas, and the best shooter is actually Quickley who was known as very good shooter in H.S, won the McDonald’s game three point contest, shot very very well in the Bahamas and then shot well in the scrimmage and won the Blue Vs White three point contest. Johnson isn’t know as a shooter but can hit it as well. Now Duke on the other hand is hurting badly for shooters even though they have great wings who can beat you one on one (zone will be a challenge)

I don’t see Kentucky having the shooters outside of Herro to go 40-0.

ADVERTISEMENT