ADVERTISEMENT

Place to put my Nonsense Thread.

0f49db7663cc206595290c1a03a54397_width-600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A lot of you guy know @lurkeraspect84

He got hit by the bad weather in Arkansas last week. He got a phone that worked and called me yesterday. He lost both cars etc.

Hopefully he will rejoin us when the damage is repaired.

Best of thought to our friend.
Proud to hear that they are alright. Hopefully he will get back to normal quickly. :cool:

I guess chronoligal order (note, didn't work) putting pieces together

Green skies. watch. until Sam got home. I was already home.
She comes in paniced. It's just a watch, whe says warning, but no sirens are going off

I go out and look again and the all the clouds are coming our way. NESW. very light green color

Not as dark as before.

We put the cats up in the safest place in our apartment. We grab the suitcase safe
and head her brothers

it's 2 miles if that. he has a basement. half way it starts. WARNING SIREN GOES OFF,city wide trashcans started swirling
infront of us. we drove thru them. we get up to 1/2 mile and something hits the windshield
infront of her. Very loud bang and our glass is shattered. I can't see except this small one area.
We're right there to his house
and boom. Took us both a second to realized what happened. Sam thought we ran into a down tree

by the time we're done wondering if we should get out of the car, we're under
a tree. a really large tree. I can touch the bark through the front windshield.
We both try to open the doors and the car starts shaking. I think the tree was holding us down.

I ask her to look at me.

Then immiadelly. an army of ppl started coming out of the woodwork for lack of better phrasing.
They start pulling on the branches not knowing what they're about to see. they said they were
fearing the most.

Let me try to explain what i've been trying to processess since then.

A very large tree fell on our car. a huge branch of the hit the front, another huge branch crushed the back.
A tree forks. the fork of the tree hit our front seats. I'm so glad Samanatha is short because the roof of the car
was crushed to her headrest. We were speeding down the road. The fork fell our our front seats. 1ft ahead, 1 foot back.
While moving. We're struggling with that.

Too large of a tree to be pulled off so again, seemed immediate a guy with a chainsaw shows up.
this is when fear hit in. I had a chainsaw 6-12" from my head I couldn't stop thinking about
wood bucking when cut. He got the my door open and the Sam crawed over and out.

We're both in shock? IDK, Sam pulls the safe out of the back seat. I take it and sit on it on the side of the road
in a daze. I took a really hard knock to the head . My forehead swells up like a neatherthal. Nurse, who was a storm chaser, came up and ask
me questions and I was fine at the time and Sam said I even started saying the alphabet backwards and made some joke
about Obama still being president. I don't remember that. We're 1 1/2m from our apartment. We deciced for me to walk back
with the safe and she'll stay with the car and was even helping move tree logs/branches b/c everyone was trying to get
to family.

I start walking back and it's all a blur. I saw so much destruction. No noise. No sirens. Nothing. Dead silence.

Then the sirens started and they didn't stop. Helicoptors, drones, atvs, sirens and more and more sirens.
Moblization of very large trucks (I'll get more into this later)

Folks standing in their yards just looking at their home. I had to look like a zombie. I was walking through yards
stepping over powerlines, carriend a really heavy suitcase safe. Folks just stared but I was not the attraction.

Got almost home and I see the church and school. Our apartment has to be gone. Before I can see our apartment, I start
scanning the area for any cats I might recognize. I got home and there's a hole in my bedroom roof but my windows are there,
but my backdoor was wide open. Wood, tree bark, straw everything is everywhere in the first floor. I secured the backdoor and
checked on my cats. They were fine physically. They all ran to the bedroom, realized everything was wet and hide in the back bedroom.

(concussed, dazed, james, Sam, shock, shaking, neck jam,

----------------

It's still hard to talk about the aftermath. We got off easy.

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

I could touch the tree bark thru the windshield.

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

^^^I'm so thankful my wife is short.
I still don't have internet and service is hit or miss. I'll be back when I can.
I'm fine, the huge not on my forehead when down and my eyes are no longer black.

IMG-1419.jpg

Last edited:

She comes in paniced. It's just a watch, whe says warning, but no sirens are going off

I go out and look again and the all the clouds are coming our way. NESW. very light green color

Not as dark as before.

We put the cats up in the safest place in our apartment. We grab the suitcase safe
and head her brothers

it's 2 miles if that. he has a basement. half way it starts. WARNING SIREN GOES OFF,city wide trashcans started swirling
infront of us. we drove thru them. we get up to 1/2 mile and something hits the windshield
infront of her. Very loud bang and our glass is shattered. I can't see except this small one area.
and boom. Took us both a second to realized what happened. Sam thought we ran into a down tree

We both try to open the doors and the car starts shaking. I think the tree was holding us down.

I ask her to look at me.

Then immiadelly. an army of ppl started coming out of the woodwork for lack of better phrasing.
They start pulling on the branches not knowing what they're about to see. they said they were
fearing the most.

A very large tree fell on our car. a huge branch of the hit the front, another huge branch crushed the back.
A tree forks. the fork of the tree hit our front seats. I'm so glad Samanatha is short because the roof of the car
was crushed to her headrest. We were speeding down the road. The fork fell our our front seats. 1ft ahead, 1 foot back.

Too large of a tree to be pulled off so again, seemed immediate a guy with a chainsaw shows up.
this is when fear hit in. I had a chainsaw 6-12" from my head I couldn't stop thinking about

We're both in shock? IDK, Sam pulls the safe out of the back seat. I take it and sit on it on the side of the road
in a daze. I took a really hard knock to the head . My forehead swells up like a neatherthal. Nurse, who was a storm chaser, came up and ask
me questions and I was fine at the time and Sam said I even started saying the alphabet backwards and made some joke
about Obama still being president. I don't remember that. We're 1 1/2m from our apartment. We deciced for me to walk back
with the safe and she'll stay with the car and was even helping move tree logs/branches b/c everyone was trying to get
to family.

I start walking back and it's all a blur. I saw so much destruction. No noise. No sirens. Nothing. Dead silence.

Then the sirens started and they didn't stop. Helicoptors, drones, atvs, sirens and more and more sirens.

Folks standing in their yards just looking at their home. I had to look like a zombie. I was walking through yards
stepping over powerlines, carriend a really heavy suitcase safe. Folks just stared but I was not the attraction.

Got almost home and I see the church and school. Our apartment has to be gone. Before I can see our apartment, I start
scanning the area for any cats I might recognize. I got home and there's a hole in my bedroom roof but my windows are there,
but my backdoor was wide open. Wood, tree bark, straw everything is everywhere in the first floor. I secured the backdoor and
checked on my cats. They were fine physically. They all ran to the bedroom, realized everything was wet and hide in the back bedroom.

----------------

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

I still don't have internet and service is hit or miss. I'll be back when I can.
I'm fine, the huge not on my forehead when down and my eyes are no longer black.

IMG-1419.jpg
The best to you brother and also the best to Sam.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Not as dark as before.

and head her brothers

I ask her to look at me.

fearing the most.

to family.

----------------

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

IMG-1419.jpg
Damn, dude. You two are certainly very lucky. My best for your recovery both physical and mental. I hope the damages you have incurred are taken care of quickly as well.

Not as dark as before.

and head her brothers

I ask her to look at me.

fearing the most.

to family.

----------------

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

IMG-1419.jpg
God bless you and Samantha. happy to hear your doing better, if you need anything drop me a text.😎

Not as dark as before.

and head her brothers

I ask her to look at me.

fearing the most.

to family.

----------------

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

IMG-1419.jpg
house-md-dr-house.gif

Not as dark as before.

and head her brothers

I ask her to look at me.

fearing the most.

to family.

----------------

Fsmfs-XNX0-AAob-Qi.jpg

IMG-7310.jpg

IMG-7339.jpg

IMG-7314.jpg

IMG-7325.jpg

IMG-7356.jpg

IMG-1419.jpg
That’s wild! Glad you all are OK (relatively). Could have been so much worse. Glad you stopped in for the update.

Last I'll mention it unless asked.

You can see my home twice in this video.

Insurance claimed and towed my car today. Surprisingly, it started up and drove it onto the flatbed.
I dominated the entire old town/trees/houses and such. Wiped it right out. 100-75 year old houses with trees just as old are gone.

I'm shocked I got the return on the kia. We bought it for 9k 3 years ago, drove it for 100k miles and gettig 8k back. We're out of interest (we got it when interest was next to nothing) but that's basically a break even fee. i'm good with that. One day prior to to the tornado, I would have jumped at the offer they offered with it running.
What's crazy is, the car started and was drove up onto the flatbed.
No way I thought that was possbile, if Id known that I would have driven the mile or so back home with my head sticking out the window instead of the tow bill.(aka using one of my AAA yearly tows).
I live next to the school and drones were everywhere. No news helicopters. only military.
Lots of news fans parked out front. Jonesboro, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville and Weatherchannel.
Only had my back down blown open and a hole in my bedroom roof.

IMG-1424.jpg

IMG-1425.jpg

A week without power...heirlooms come into play.

IMG-1421.jpg

So does BIL who runs a parts store.

IMG-1422-1.jpg

Last edited:
I used to walk/jog these streets early in the morning. They were quiet and next to my house.

Click this link to see what it used to look like.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.229291,-90.7875079,3a,75y,209.42h,77.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfsQUyPGA70d-eR9UmtNxUw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

IMG-1448.jpg

IMG-1449.jpg

Again, click the google maps to see what it used to look like, it was all old houses and huge trees. Now you can see the horizon.

Someone sent my wife a picture of us still in the car. They tried to pull it off first.
*I'm conflicted on someone taking the time to take a pic. I'm glad there is a pic, but also..., dicks.
I take that back. She recorded what happened to us.

339649832-1936280103372135-8109565009705506910-n.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT