ADVERTISEMENT

Paranormal Activity.

Stull Cemetery is the only one I can recall atm..
But there's a few hauntings/urban legends in the Lawrence area.
That’s it. There’s stuff about it on google. Looks like Ariana Grande went a few years back and got spooked. Lol

I don’t recall any other urban stories about places in and around the town.

giphy.gif

That might explain me... But not the wife, who also saw it.

I'm talking to an old friend on the phone so I thought I'd ask him the same question, and he's convinced some of his dreams come true.

Anyway, wake up at 6 am or so to grab a shower - was staying there for work, alone-, walk into the bathroom, open up the shower door, turn on the water.

BAM, freezing cold water hits me dead in the face/chest. I’m standing outside the shower at this point, and once I get the water off, I realize that the entire shower head is turned in the wrong direction, towards the outside of the shower - not something a maid in a 4* hotel would do.

Maybe a maid wouldn't, but I've done that when I was younger, before leaving a hotel room. Maids never notice it and turn it back, so it always hits the next guest. I also did it to my younger brother growing up. Pretty common prank.

Last edited:
Maybe a maid wouldn't, but I've done that when I was younger, before leaving a hotel room. Maids never notice it and turn it back, so it always hits the next guest. I also did it to my younger brother growing up. Pretty common prank.

That’s fair, and a definite possibility.

It was more the combo of the water hitting me in the face and the TV turning off seemingly simultaneously that freaked me out. I think if it was one or the other, I wouldn’t have thought much of it. It sounds dumb, but I was definitely weirded out. I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

I think the vibe of the hotel plays into it too. It’s a very nice, very old (100+ years) hotel, with long winding hallways and tall ceilings. They shot some of the latest Great Gatsby in this hotel, if that gives you an idea.

Reactions: sgrooms
Weird story. Probably about age 14 or 15, we had a mouse in our house. It started though when I’d sit in my room watching tv at night with the lights off and door shut, and I’d see a shadow go along the bottom of the door like there was someone outside the room. I’d ask who was there and no one ever responded. A few other incidents occurred. Eventually, my parents figured out it was a mouse and got traps.

The night they get the traps, I was in the kitchen while my mom was setting up a trap before heading to sleep. I was eating a Ritz cracker and kept making bad jokes about ghosts. So, after she set it up, I took the crackers and made the symbol of the cross with them. Then I took one more cracker and put it like 2 feet away from the cross. I told my mom that if it’s a ghost it’d eat the cracker away from the cross. No idea why I even did that. It was a weird thing to do.

Didn’t think anything of it. Went to bed. Woke up. Cross was perfectly in tact, but the odd cracker was gone. No mouse in mouse trap. But there was definitely a mouse. We caught it maybe two weeks later.

Now, I’ve put a lot of thought into this. One possibility is that God exists and was calling me by messing with my Ritz cracker patterns. If that was the case, did God possess the mouse to eat the cracker?

Another possibility is that the ghost was real, heard me say that, and decided it was going to play.

And then the third possibility, that the mouse crossed the kitchen floor, happened to run into the wayward cracker, got his fill and went back to his home.

99% sure it was the third possibility, in which case, you totally wasted your time if you read all of this.
Or your mom was fukking with you...

I live here in STL now because my wife refused to live at my haunted house just south of paducah ky. When we were dating , she would come down to see me and stay the weekend and one night there were foot steps in the kitchen and down the hall of heavy boots....... and then 30 minutes later the foot of the bed lifted up and slammed back down on us. 4 years prior I remodeled the kitchen and bathroom and it seemed like something paranormal happened once every 2 months until I left.

2 years prior to meeting my wife...... in that same house I woke up ... laying on my stomach... with my cat on the pillow beside my head sitting up and hissing towards the foot of the bed. I could clearly see a person at the foot of my bed in the cats eyes. but I thought it was my friend who was known to visit Ky every once in a while and just come in and wake me up if I'm sleeping... Nope I got up and nothing was there.......... I lay back down and still there was the image of a person in my cats eyes. it was very creepy.

Last edited:
Ripped from the headlines of the football board.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-p...rk-times-military-unidentified-flying-object/ (May 27th, 2019)

Some U.S. Navy pilots reported seeing unidentified flying objects while training over the East Coast in 2014 and 2015 in interviews with The New York Times. According to The Times, multiple Navy pilots spotted "strange objects" with "no visible engine" reaching 30,000 feet and going hypersonic speeds.

The Times report includes a minute-long video of two encounters Navy pilots allegedly had with unexplained aerial phenomena. In the videos, which include visual radar and voice recordings, pilots cannot distinguish what is seen on their radar screens. At one point one of the pilots says in amazement, "Look at that thing. It's rotating."

"These things would be out there all day," Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot and 10-year Navy veteran, told The Times. "Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we'd expect."

Last year, two airline pilots claimed an unidentified flying object flew over top their planes at an altitude of 30,000 feet in Arizona. According to the radio logs, two separate pilots of a Learjet operated by Phoenix Air and an American Airlines flight saw the object flying in the opposite direction of their planes.

Last edited:
if you have pilot friends that have been in the skies long enough..... they almost always have a story to tell like that. most will only talk to their buddies about it though as they fear for their job if that stuff leaks out. Airlines dont like customers being afraid to fly and military doesnt like loose lips period.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I live in Clarksville so Ft. Campbell is a huge part of our community. I used to work on post there all the time in both of my summer jobs actually. The school I have taught at for years is about 50% military so we have a ton of FC families. We'll have to get together and have a beer or play some golf sometime when you are around.
I'm coming up June 5-8th.I'm meeting up with @Bert Higginbotha 7-8th, are you up for 5-6? Or even meeting up during any of those 4 days. I actually have 16 days of vaction if it's be better, we can meet up on my way home. 9-10th? The later would be better for me.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm coming up June 5-8th.I'm meeting up with @Bert Higginbotha 7-8th, are you up for 5-6? Or even meeting up during any of those 4 days. I actually have 16 days of vaction if it's be better, we can meet up on my way home. 9-10th? The later would be better for me.
The only paranormal crap that I have witnessed in my life is "lurkeraspect".

I can't explain any of it.Eyeroll

No more ghost stories, but I will tell you guys we saw several UFOs on the invasion of Iraq in '03. Especially around Baghdad. I personally saw them on two occasions there and then again around Kabul when I was in Afghanistan a couple years later. Back then we just joked about them, but now that I'm older and have time to research that sort of thing it's a bit freaky to think about.

No more ghost stories, but I will tell you guys we saw several UFOs on the invasion of Iraq in '03. Especially around Baghdad. I personally saw them on two occasions there and then again around Kabul when I was in Afghanistan a couple years later. Back then we just joked about them, but now that I'm older and have time to research that sort of thing it's a bit freaky to think about.

Give us some details...

When I was in HS, we lived in an old house, that acted as a store/post office back in the 1800's. Rumor/legend/story has it that a family of five were killed by gang members, while robbing the store/post office. Anyways.....

One day after basketball practice, my buddy was driving me home. I hated this house. Spooky as fck. And it didn't help that my uncles constantly scared the living shit out of me on a daily basis. House just gave me the heebie jeebies...As we approach my house, I only see one car, and upstairs light is on. Tell my buddy---"Fck---ain't nobody home". He knew I hated being there alone. He's like--"dude, you can come back to my house----But no sooner than he says that, he suddenly says---"Ahh, dude---no worries. Your grand-ma is home. She just looked out the upstairs window". I look up, and sure, there she is. I'm like---"Than goodness,". He drops me off, I go in and yell---"Grandma, its me---I'm home from practice."

No answer.

No biggie. Its a big house. She's upstairs. Probably didn't hear me. I put my books down, and head upstairs to let her know I'm home..............And folks, that's where I about died.

I get upstairs. There are 4 bedrooms. Pa and Maw's BR is at the very end of the walk way. Door is closed. I say again---"Grand-ma..its me.". Again, no answer. Ok, now my legs get a little warm...a little shaky...Hearts going a little faster. I open the door...

****ing light is off.

Ok, maybe she turned it off? But why---its dark. No TV, either? I turn the light on..

Room is empty.

Dudes, I am telling you----Usain Bolt had nutting on my ass that night. I am pretty sure my feet never hit the ground.. Down 15 steps of stairs---I'm not sure I touched a single one. And ya'll know that feeling---Get scared, and now it feels like someone is right on your ass?? Yeah dudes---i was flat rolling. Got outside, and in no way shape or form, was I turning around, and looking. I just ran down that spooky ass old country road---About mile--to my neighbors. As I'm going up the drive way, I see headlights---So I stop.

Its Pa-Pa. He's like, "Son, what the hell is going on. You look terrified.? I told him the story----And he just laughed. "Son, you are gonna end killing yourself. Ain't nothing in that house". I was like---"Whatever". I asked, "where is Ma"? He's like, "Playing music". So who was that who was upstairs? He's like---"Your imagination".

Pull in the driveway.........

****ing light back on.

I said nothing else about it. As we drove to my froends house for me to spend the night...

Hated that house.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Thank you for your service

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT