ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Travel

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
Anybody ever been to South Africa and worked their way up the east coast.....maybe leading to seychelles/Mauritius?

I wouldn't spend a dime in a country that is seizing legally owned farmland from people due to the color of their skin. They are still doing that, right?

I wouldn't spend a dime in a country that is seizing legally owned farmland from people due to the color of their skin. They are still doing that, right?
Literally couldn't tell you. I just wanted to visit the area for its beauty, vineyards, wildlife, and cool ass islands.

Sort of. They're paying for it (much like the US government and local governments in the US are legally allowed to do) but the recent-ish development is that they're trying to do it with compensation that's below market value. I think the legality/constitutionality of that is going through their court system right now.

There is talk of an amendment to allow land seizure without any compensation at all, but that will likely never come to fruition and is not occurring at this time, as far as I know.

Sort of. They're paying for it (much like the US government and local governments in the US are legally allowed to do) but the recent-ish development is that they're trying to do it with compensation that's below market value. I think the legality/constitutionality of that is going through their court system right now.

There is talk of an amendment to allow land seizure without any compensation at all, but that will likely never come to fruition and is not occurring at this time, as far as I know.
I'm very anti-eminent domain in almost all cases, but this is less bad than I thought at least.

Reactions: Global Havok
ADVERTISEMENT