ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Larry Nassar

The Big 10's 2nd child rapist coach? This shit is sick.

Disgusting human being. Everyone involved on that volleyball team was fired. The head coach got complaints and did nothing. Absolutely horrible

Not much else I can add this is beyond horrible. The administrators and others at MSU who enabled this monster also need some prison time and MSUs AD and president need to resign right away.

Not much else I can add this is beyond horrible. The administrators and others at MSU who enabled this monster also need some prison time and MSUs AD and president need to resign right away.

The AD and President need to resign? I'm not up to speed on all of the allegations. Did they have knowledge of the abuse and did nothing?

Absolutely insane. It blows my mind that it went on for SO long, and nobody caught this guy. Mind blowing that some of the PARENTS of the girls didn't believe them. Like, straight up didn't believe them. If my daughter told me that, I sure as **** would believe her. Also amazing how so many of the girls, when they were young, didn't say anything to anyone. If you have kids, you always assume they would tell you if something bad happened, but it seems that oftentimes kids can be shamed or scared into NOT saying anything.

Amazing the life-altering damage that this guy did to so many people. Didn't one of the girls kill herself? Disgusting.

Last edited:
The AD and President need to resign? I'm not up to speed on all of the allegations. Did they have knowledge of the abuse and did nothing?

The tough part is he was performing a legitimate medical procedure in an illegitimate fashion and so many parents and non medical personnel had no clue. Then when medical professionals reviewed his procedures they didn’t see much wrong with it other than telling him he should be using gloves and whatever other technical jargon he wasn’t doing incorrectly all as a disguise to stick his hands in girls’ vaginas.

I don’t hold Mark Hollis and Louanna K Simon responsible but they have some accountability here as AD and President of the university. Should they be fired? I think we’ll know more about that when more information comes out.

It’s just harder to get Nassar because he was a medical professional and at one point was highly respected among his peers. I’m sure most parents understood it’s an odd procedure but that he was doing it to treat pain. They just didn’t realize he was getting his rocks off in the process. Had Nassar been a non medical professional then I think things would have been handled very differently.

It’s ugly all around and because of the lawsuits involving Nassar as an employee of MSU, MSU leaders are staying quiet which is smart to do from a legal perspective but adds fuel to the fire in the court of public opinion. Especially among our rivals like the UM fan above. There’s no easy solution in the short term. We’ll see how it plays out.

Mind blowing that some of the PARENTS of the girls didn't believe them. Like, straight up didn't believe them. If my daughter told me that, I sure as **** would believe her.
He's the team doctor for USA Gymnastics, a highly respected member of the medical community and a Professor of Medicine at MSU. It'd be pretty difficult (at the time back in the 90s) to not be skeptical if your daughter claimed she was improperly treated during a medical procedure given his expertise there. He would probably claim that it was a necessary part of the treatment.

He's the team doctor for USA Gymnastics, a highly respected member of the medical community and a Professor of Medicine at MSU. It'd be pretty difficult (at the time back in the 90s) to not be skeptical if your daughter claimed she was improperly treated during a medical procedure given his expertise there. He would probably claim that it was a necessary part of the treatment.

Yeah, but isn't there at least one girl who had this dude exposing himself to her and stuff since she was like 6? I just read that yesterday.

Just insane. No matter how famous or reputable the person is, they can still be a creeper.

You know, in a way, it ties into the whole Aziz Ansari thing... that while the behavior of men is obviously a huge part of the issue, we also have to be making sure that we get girls and women feeling "powerful" enough (or however you want to put it) to say something, and say it FORCEFULLY if necessary, when something feels "off." We, as people, generally know when something is fishy, and we have to make sure women (especially girls) feel comfortable saying so. For a lot of years, women were supposed to be demure and quiet... maybe too much of that still seeps through our culture?

Last edited:

Yup and that’s his ticket. He gets to say it was a medical procedure and hide behind his MD.
The entire thing pisses me off because it’s my degree hanging on the wall. It goes beyond sports and hits home to everyone that is a parent and graduate.

As an alum it is a feeling of betrayal and all things indecent. I hate it. Then I look at my school and I want some accountability and everyone is keeping quiet for legal reasons, which I get but it makes it more difficult. Such BS.

There are predators like this throughout the elite levels of sports like gymnastics, soccer, volleyball, softball, swimming and figure skating. So many parents and athletes trust these elite coaches and trainers so much that they are easily convinced that mental, verbal, physical and sexual abuse is part of the process.

Dear parents, if a coach or trainer tries to convince you that what they need to do with your athlete needs to be done where it is only the two of them then you need to figure out WTF is really going on. Underage kids should NEVER be sharing a hotel room with their students. Underage kids should NEVER be undergoing any type of medical procedure that you are not explicitly informed of prior to it happening. Yes, there are a ton of meddling parents that interrupt and make things more difficult but you need to be diligent in understanding what is happening with your kid.

It happened under their watch, they need to be held accountable. The guy was suspended for sexual assault allegations back in 2014 so there's no doubt both the AD and president knew about that and he unbelievably was allowed to return to his job while he was still under police investigation they no doubt knew about that as well. Really when something like this happens heads should roll it is 100% warranted.

No one has done a proper investigation, but victims say they complained as far back as 97.

He was a doctor, not a coach.

Yup and that’s his ticket. He gets to say it was a medical procedure and hide behind his MD.
The entire thing pisses me off because it’s my degree hanging on the wall. It goes beyond sports and hits home to everyone that is a parent and graduate.

As an alum it is a feeling of betrayal and all things indecent. I hate it. Then I look at my school and I want some accountability and everyone is keeping quiet for legal reasons, which I get but it makes it more difficult. Such BS.

Osteopathic physician. Important, because they do these types of procedures.

When a medical procedure is done that you weren't even AWARE of then there is a serious problem. And when it is done in a training room in the back of a gym with no one else present then there should be massive red flags.

Sports like these condition parents that they are not welcome to be around and ask questions, that their role is to feed, clothe, shelter their children, pay their bills on time and drop their kids off when the coaches need them. It creates an atmosphere where parents rarely have any clue what their kids are really doing. Environments like this are a smorgasbord of victims for predators like this.

I was involved in elite level figure skating for more than a decade. There are predators like this all over the sport. I personally know dozens of girls who were sexually abused by coaches all over the country

DPKPDrgc_400x400.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT