ADVERTISEMENT

OT Happy New Years basketball fans.

I will be off the computer for a while. So Happy New Years to all the great posters on our national Rivals board.

I hope that the New Year brings everyone good health and repaired houses for our flooded out folks in North and South Carolina.

If you drink DO NOT DRIVE.
Same to you Bert!

Happy New Year Bert! Hopefully this new year will bring you a new, good team to root for! There’s always room on the Hoosier bandwagon for ya! Winking

Happy New Years Bert!

Thanks Bert.
Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and happy 2019.

Same to you Bert!

Happy New Year Bert! Hopefully this new year will bring you a new, good team to root for! There’s always room on the Hoosier bandwagon for ya! Winking

Happy New year all! Just 4 more days until this brutal two week break from Duke basketball!

thanks guys.

I went to my daughters house (they have a great basement room for a party) and we had a good party. I slept there so I don't have to drive after I drink. Family and friends. Good music, dance and a dropping ball.

Then we stayed up for the Central Time Zone coverage.

Now on to a hell of a basketball season in 2019.

I am posting these here because I don't know a better OT thread to share it. It is just crazy. This is/was a popular bass fishing lake about 20-30 minutes south of Wilmington called Boiling Spring Lakes. It is a man made lake so naturally, nature finds its way to defeat man. We went down to visit friends yesterday and I haven't been there since the hurricane. It is tragic because when the dam broke, the water flooded a newer neighborhood a little ways away that was not placed in a federal flood zone. So nobody had flood insurance and there were over 100 homes flooded. But man, it is nuts seeing it in person. You can see people's docks that obviously used to be over the lake, a hundred yards away from the little stream of water that's left .

20190102_084404_zpsnrnkcgg0.jpg

20190102_084317_zpsvpyettbg.jpg

20190102_084347_zpswrps6mcn.jpg

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I am posting these here because I don't know a better OT thread to share it. It is just crazy. This is/was a popular bass fishing lake about 20-30 minutes south of Wilmington called Boiling Spring Lakes. It is a man made lake so naturally, nature finds its way to defeat man. We went down to visit friends yesterday and I haven't been there since the hurricane. It is tragic because when the dam broke, the water flooded a newer neighborhood a little ways away that was not placed in a federal flood zone. So nobody had flood insurance and there were over 100 homes flooded. But man, it is nuts seeing it in person. You can see people's docks that obviously used to be over the lake, a hundred yards away from the little stream of water that's left .

20190102_084404_zpsnrnkcgg0.jpg

20190102_084317_zpsvpyettbg.jpg

20190102_084347_zpswrps6mcn.jpg
Looks bad.

Those poor people.

The American Indians in the East would not live on the rivers, near but up from them. Their camps were up on the hills. We ain't that smart yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT