ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon’s Sabrina Ionescu - basketball all time record breaker

arockthief

Nov 15, 2011
Duck country
Team
Oregon
Oregon’s Sabrina Ionescu is college basketball’s first player: 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 1,000 assists. She also got her 26th triple double tonight versus Stanford which is more than twice what any other player has achieved.

Just kidding. I actually watch some women's basketball now and then. I've just never seen them play. Maybe I'll check them out next time they are on.

Reactions: arockthief
6.jpg

She looks intense.

Interesting. I've never even heard of her.
Last night was the first Ive ever heard of her, but I immediately change the station when hockey, nascar, non us soccer, or women sports come on.

Olympics and womens USA soccer not included

Not ashamed to admit that she's the only women's college basketball player that I know by name.

Last night was the first Ive ever heard of her, but I immediately change the station when hockey, nascar, non us soccer, or women sports come on.

Olympics and womens USA soccer not included

Yeah, I don't watch it often but have tried to catch a few UNC games now and then. I can't hang long though, lol. I'll watch the Preds in hockey but no Nascar and the only soccer I watch is international stuff. I'll start watching the MLS when Nashville starts playing though.

yea but women's basketball so who gives a flying fvck?

Probably shouldn't even be posting that in this forum unless marked as OT.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Serious question.

Sabrina Ionescu vs Brad Calipari
1 v 1
First one to 50 buckets wins

Who you got?

Lol love the disrespect you showed your own school's womens team.

Did you even know the Duke women have a basketball program? ;)

I used to watch the Duke teams coached by Gail Goestenkors. She made it to the Final Four several times. And I also casually watched the WNBA, too. I just have trouble tolerating a brand of basketball anymore that is sloppy, and mostly uninspiring. I look at the games, and I can't help but think most of elite women's teams are playing at a high school JV level, or possibly a mediocre boy's varsity team. It's not a good product.

And Duke had the #1 team heading into the 2007 NCAA Tournament. In the Sweet 16, we had the NPOY and she missed two free throws with less than a second left. We lost by 1 to Rutgers. That left me a little bitter. Eff that game. We lost to the same Rutgers squad that Don Imus said looked like a bunch of "nappy-headed hoes."

I used to watch the Duke teams coached by Gail Goestenkors. She made it to the Final Four several times. And I also casually watched the WNBA, too. I just have trouble tolerating a brand of basketball anymore that is sloppy, and mostly uninspiring. I look at the games, and I can't help but think most of elite women's teams are playing at a high school JV level, or possibly a mediocre boy's varsity team. It's not a good product.

And Duke had the #1 team heading into the 2007 NCAA Tournament. In the Sweet 16, we had the NPOY and she missed two free throws with less than a second left. We lost by 1 to Rutgers. That left me a little bitter. Eff that game. We lost to the same Rutgers squad that Don Imus said looked like a bunch of "nappy-headed hoes."
Well at least you're not completely oblivious to the game lol.

I'll tell you right now, at the very best levels of women's college basketball, they would destroy most boys varsity teams unless you started forming all star teams like a lot of these private school academies are doing.

My sister played college basketball at the D2 level and can hang with guys who played small college ball.

Obviously, there are certain types like monster post players (taller forwards/centers etc etc), that the women just can't compete with. But I'd argue women can be just as accurate at shooting as guys if left open.

I'll tell you right now, at the very best levels of women's college basketball, they would destroy most boys varsity teams unless you started forming all star teams like a lot of these private school academies are doing.

Disagree. There have only been three women in the history of WNBA that have dunked in a real game. Three. That's it. From an athletic standpoint, women would get destroyed. Absolutely terrorized by any halfway decent varsity team. I think just about every guy on my high school team could dunk. The women's lateral quickness couldn't match the men. They would struggle to defend, they would struggle to rebound. I don't doubt the women could match the men on shooting - but if you can't create separation, your percentages will obviously dip quite a bit.

We've seen this before in soccer. Pretty certain the same would hold true in basketball, too. Here are some soccer results from three elite female federation squads playing against a local boy's teams.

- In 2017, the U.S. Women's national team lost 5-2 to the FC Dallas U-15 boys team.
- The Swedish Women lost to a local U-17 squad 3-0 in 2013.
- In 2016, Australia Women's national team lost 7-0 to the Newcastle U-15 club.

Disagree. There have only been three women in the history of WNBA that have dunked in a real game. Three. That's it. From an athletic standpoint, women would get destroyed. Absolutely terrorized by any halfway decent varsity team. I think just about every guy on my high school team could dunk. The women's lateral quickness couldn't match the men. They would struggle to defend, they would struggle to rebound. I don't doubt the women could match the men on shooting - but if you can't create separation, your percentages will obviously dip quite a bit.

We've seen this before in soccer. Pretty certain the same would hold true in basketball, too. Here are some soccer results from three elite female federation squads playing against a local boy's teams.

- In 2017, the U.S. Women's national team lost 5-2 to the FC Dallas U-15 boys team.
- The Swedish Women lost to a local U-17 squad 3-0 in 2013.
- In 2016, Australia Women's national team lost 7-0 to the Newcastle U-15 club.
And the one sport where it is almost believable that women can hang with men, this is what happened when the #1 player in the world took on the 203rd player in the world who was on his way out of the sport.

The date was set and the day arrived. Braasch played a warmup round of golf in the morning, then came to Melbourne Park. The threesome went out to a back court where each sister would have a one-set shot at Braasch. Word had spread around the grounds that the event wsa taking place, which caused tournament officials to restrict admittance to the area to only those with badges.

Braasch would smoke cigarettes and sip beer during the changeovers, and to be honest no longer looked the part of a fit professional athlete. It made no matter. Braasch led 5-0 over Serena before winning the set 6-1, and then posted a 6-2 set victory over Venus.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You could take each region winner in the state of Kentucky and they would win every game against whatever woman team you put together

ADVERTISEMENT