ADVERTISEMENT

One more step closer to a Big 12 title

If you go back and actually read, you’ll see that you were the only one acting as if one outcome was a sure thing.
Did you miss this? Or is it just ironic you're making fun of someone else's reading skills?
You guys claiming this team wasn’t loaded are crazy. If Dok and Silvio play this team may have 1 or two losses all year. Those two being out completely changes the team and our depth. Made us go to a perimeter team, and forced guys who would never see the floor into big minutes. Hell this team with just Dok and Vick is undefeated with wins over Tennessee Marquette Michigan St and Villinova. Who has a better package of wins than that? We would have added Kentucky to that mix with them as well. You are smoking crack if you don’t think this Kansas team was 1A behind Duke to win the championship with all their pieces.
Once again, your hate boner for UK has lead you to be incorrect about them. Shocking.

Did you miss this? Or is it just ironic you're making fun of someone else's reading skills?

Once again, your hate boner for UK has lead you to be incorrect about them. Shocking.

Ah. Forgot about that sentence. Thought you were claiming that I called it a sure thing.

I'll put it this way...either side claiming it as a sure bet is ridiculous.

Senior night, battling to make the tourney and facing the 1st place team, and the place is half as full and half as loud as the KU game weeks ago.

Surprise surprise.
It must be nice. It very well may be the difference this year in our not winning it. KState(and Tech) got to play against empty crowds every night. While KU played in front of jacked up crowds against hyped up teams every night on the road.

Senior night, battling to make the tourney and facing the 1st place team, and the place is half as full and half as loud as the KU game weeks ago.

Surprise surprise.

It must be nice. It very well may be the difference this year in our not winning it. KState(and Tech) got to play against empty crowds every night. While KU played in front of jacked up crowds against hyped up teams every night on the road.

#bluebloodeffect

For Kansas to win a share of the Big 12, four games have to go their way.

Both TT and KSU would have to lose their last games this weekend, and KU has to win their game tomorrow and their last game this weekend. I believe they have less than 6% chance of this all happening.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
For Kansas to win a share of the Big 12, four games have to go their way.

Both TT and KSU would have to lose their last games this weekend, and KU has to win their game tomorrow and their last game this weekend. I believe they have less than 6% chance of this all happening.
tenor.gif

Our 14 year run was great. All things eventually come to an end and the Big 12 Conference regular season winning streak is no different. Both Texas Tech and K-State have been better in conference play and the deserve to be in the position they are in.

Reactions: jjrussell
Our 14 year run was great. All things eventually come to an end and the Big 12 Conference regular season winning streak is no different. Both Texas Tech and K-State have been better in conference play and the deserve to be in the position they are in.
I appreciate the reverse jinx attempt. But its time for your streak to die.....right in a fire. :)

Reactions: RockChalkRally

I won't be mad if bigger crowds show up when we come to town. Or if Kentucky etc want to schedule us.

Kansas was up 16-6 early in the game. Kentucky didn't have a 10 point lead until there was 2:23 left in the game. You guys kind of struggled to put them away for the most part. It wasn't until the final 3 minutes that it looked like Kentucky had the win. You add an All American center and an elite and upcoming PF to the mix and there's no reason to think that Kansas couldn't have won the game.
I never said they couldn’t win the game. My original post was in response to a KU fan acting like beating a top 5 team in an extremely tough venue was a sure thing. Kentucky still would have been favored.

Congrats to Kentucky on breaking Ku’s 4-5 game win streak over them during KU’s worst season in 10, maybe 20 years. Yet they’ll still be a 3 seed in the tourney while a bad season for Kentucky is the NIT a few years back. A bad season for KU is a 3-4 seed in the tourney, and not winning the league.

Standards clearly higher in Lawrence.

Congrats to Kentucky on breaking Ku’s 4-5 game win streak over them during KU’s worst season in 10, maybe 20 years. Yet they’ll still be a 3 seed in the tourney while a bad season for Kentucky is the NIT a few years back. A bad season for KU is a 3-4 seed in the tourney, and not winning the league.

This is pretty sad. You’re hiding behind a team that lost to kentucky. Kansas States greatest accomplishment in history is beating kentucky in the sweet sixteen. Like I said, sad.

Edit: I look forward to you digging up day old posts and me making you look bad again next time

This is pretty sad. You’re hiding behind a team that lost to kentucky. Kansas States greatest accomplishment in history is beating kentucky in the sweet sixteen. Like I said, sad.

Not hiding. We have multiple final fours actually (although not recent) and a top 30 program of all time in wins. I’m certainly not insecure about kstate basketball.

Just personally believe KU is superior to UK historically and presently. So someone getting all hot and bothered by beating KU’s worst team arguable in 20 years is funny.

Not hiding. We have multiple final fours actually (although not recent) and a top 30 program of all time in wins. I’m certainly not insecure about kstate basketball.

Just personally believe KU is superior to UK historically and presently. So someone getting all hot and bothered by beating KU’s worst team arguable in 20 years is funny.
If you really believe that then you are in a very small minority and probably biased from all the bashings they’ve given you guys over the years. Congrats on the opinion, though

If you really believe that then you are in a very small minority and probably biased from all the bashings they’ve given you guys over the years. Congrats on the opinion, though

Oh I believe it and know it to be true.

Edit: I look forward to you digging up day old posts and me making you look bad again next time

Greatest accomplishment in their history? Beating a double digit loss Kentucky team in the S16? Is this serious?

Greatest accomplishment in their history? Beating a double digit loss Kentucky team in the S16? Is this serious?

No. It is/was not our greatest for sure. But yes, it was good to beat the SEC tourney champion when we were big time underdogs. No one in the country saw that coming.

It always sucks when a streak is broken. It sucks even more with how it was broken. We had every opportunity to help ourselves and just couldn't capitalize. Kansas just couldn't weather the storm of injuries, Silvio sitting, and Vick going awol.

If we play to our potential we will end the regular season 24-7....and it will be considered a "down year". Hopefully we catch some sort of fire in the big 12 tourney and '64 to make it more memorable.

I won't be mad if bigger crowds show up when we come to town. Or if Kentucky etc want to schedule us.
Haha, true. From your perspective it would/will be nice, since it will mean you’ve established a strong program and stayed strong consistently. For us it is a blessing and an annoyance....an annoyance when we’re down a few players and not as strong as in the past, as we don’t have the talent differential to other teams anymore to overcome tough crowds and win a title. Now that crowd becomes a hindrance. That and with KU being weaker, teams smell blood in the water and are dialed in when they play us, even more so than usual.

To be honest, I’d trade a national title for an NIT year. Not multiple NIT years in a row, but I’d gladly forfeit a tourney here and there for more luck in the title game. We’ve been snakebit in the National title game.

Kansas state fans are secretly Kansas fans, I guess. I don’t know what they feed those dudes in the Midwest. Questionable posting from both bases

Actually it’s very rare for a K-Stater to say anything positive about KU. I’d imagine this take has a lot to do with the realization of how hard they had to scrape and fight to guarantee a share, and what it takes to do that 14 times in a row.

But the most questionable take here is that a S16 win over a middling UK team is the greatest moment in program history.

Actually it’s very rare for a K-Stater to say anything positive about KU. I’d imagine this take has a lot to do with the realization of how hard they had to scrape and fight to guarantee a share, and what it takes to do that 14 times in a row.

But the most questionable take here is that a S16 win over a middling UK team is the greatest moment in program history.
Considering I know nothing about KSU history and they’ve been extremely irrelevant in my lifetime, is it really that bad of a guess?

Kansas state fans are secretly Kansas fans, I guess. I don’t know what they feed those dudes in the Midwest. Questionable posting from both bases

Yes I’m not parading KU. Most of KState nation would rather see KU burn to the ground than exist. I’m not one of those but want KState to run the state in both FB and B.B.

Was more saying as an outsider I perceive KU superior to UK both historically and especially presently (last 3-5 years).

Yes I’m not parading KU. Most of KState nation would rather see KU burn to the ground than exist. I’m not one of those but want KState to run the state in both FB and B.B.

Was more saying as an outsider I perceive KU superior to UK both historically and especially presently (last 3-5 years).
I think you are letting bias get to you. What stats say Kansas is better than kentucky historically? Nothing wrong with your opinion if you can back it up. I doubt you can though

It's hard to make the argument for KU all-time, but you can make a great argument for them in the modern era (since '85).

#BlueBloodProblems

Man who would have ever though Bruce freakin Weber could be the coach to end Kansa's big 12 streak???

Not that surprising. Solid coach who brought back the whole team that went to the elite 8 without its best player. That and KU currently starts four freshmen.

Man who would have ever though Bruce freakin Weber could be the coach to end Kansa's big 12 streak???

Well, he did play in a natty with Illinois. Granted you or I could have taken that team deep in the tourney as HC. Just stand around and don’t F up two NBA guards clowning dudes.

ADVERTISEMENT