ADVERTISEMENT

OGT; Duke @ Virginia Tech

Sometimes I felt like the polarizing guys like Zion, Jabari, Bagley, etc. sort of held the staff prisoner regarding the flexibility of lineups. Love that that’s all out the window this year.
And stalled development, not gotta worry about that this year. They're not as dominant but if they actually stick together for a few years (Carey looks like the only OAD) I like this team to cut down some nets.

Good bounce back week for Duke. A lot of guys playing and contributing. That SF Austin’s game was pretty bad. They have responded well.

Reactions: tw3301
And stalled development, not gotta worry about that this year. They're not as dominant but if they actually stick together for a few years (Carey looks like the only OAD) I like this team to cut down some nets.
I like this team too. I think most guys come back, right now. Nice to see many guys playing and for the most part, well. Baker and Goldwire and even O’Connell showing signs are all great things.

Sometimes I felt like the polarizing guys like Zion, Jabari, Bagley, etc. sort of held the staff prisoner regarding the flexibility of lineups. Love that that’s all out the window this year.
2015 was the exception (Cook and Jones were so good) but I get what you are saying. 2010 was such a fun year for much of what you said above.

2015 was the exception (Cook and Jones were so good) but I get what you are saying. 2010 was such a fun year for much of what you said above.
For sure, and mostly because Winslow was that kind of guy who could play 3 positions.

it’s a different year for sure, and while I’ll take all the elite recruits Duke can get, it feels like a throwback, which I’m excited about. It’s fun to watch a team develop, ala ‘10, as you said. Not that I’m expecting a championship, but still.

Reactions: denniden
Dude can shoot.
He plays with a little fire as well. I hope he continues to get the PT he is. I happen to think the more he gets, the better Duke will be for it. (for the reason you mentioned and it seems like every time Duke goes on a big run, Joey is on the floor)

My first reaction was to compare Baker to Andre Dawkins. Lethal shooter, but a liability elsewhere. Since, Baker has, to me, shown more willingness and capability to drive and defend than Dawkins ever did. Still not a great defender or anything, but the effort is there.

ADVERTISEMENT