ADVERTISEMENT

Official Selection Sunday Thread

Such a joke for both UK and Arizona. They are the best of those 8 and they might play each other.
Why are they better than those other 6? Yes I know...UK beat WVU. So, ok there is that. But UK also lost to Auburn.What makes them better than OSU, Gonzaga or Wichita State?

Three teams enter the tournament in the top 20 on offense and defense per KenPom:

Duke (top 10 in both)
Michigan State (top 10 in both)
Gonzaga

Duke and Michigan State are in the same region.

UVA (1 D; 21 O) and Nova (1 O; 22 D) will probably join those three teams

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Three teams enter the tournament in the top 20 on offense and defense per KenPom:

Duke (top 10 in both)
Michigan State (top 10 in both)
Gonzaga

Duke and Michigan State are in the same region.

UVA (1 D; 21 O) and Nova (1 O; 22 D) will probably join those three teams

Kentucky is 25 and 23 on that so if they make a run (doubtful) they presumably will enter into that too.

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Was discussing UL with my brother. I felt they were in. The RPI/Quad thing is a joke. Like I said, when you start valuing a win vs Loyola as more or equal to that of a win vs WVU...something is terribly amiss. Louisville beat Fla. St twice....VaTech twice. And Notre Dame. St. Bonnie, 26th in the RPI somehow, best win is..........Rhode Island. A good team. But their next two best-------Buffalo and Syracuse. After that, its Northeastern. Thirteen(13) of their 25 wins, or half, werre versus sub 150 teams. But they are in over........UL? How? Well I will tell you-----The RPI. It's a joke.

Like I said, when a "W" vs Loyola, St. Bonnie, or Buffalo is on par or greater than a "W" vs a Kansas, UNC, Duke, UK, etc, etc...the system is broken. Buffalo had ZERO Top 50 wins. Their best win(s) are...........Toledo twice. Yet they count as a Quad 1 win. That is insane.

No way you can convince me that St. Bonaventure is better than USC, UL, Notre Dame, etc, etc...None. Zero.
No way you convince me its more impressive or equal to beating Buffalo as it would be in beating UK, Duke, etc, etc...But to the NCAA committee, it is.

Shameful. Really is.

Ironic: Bonzi Colson has been the Duke killer the last four years and Duke essentially ended his career in the ACC Tournament. Welp

Reactions: MGC_07
Easily the most intriguing and difficult sweet sixteen matchup is Duke MSU. Duke did beat MSU earlier this year, so while they do have that, that also may put a chip on MSU’s shoulder.

This assuming they both make it, of course.

Okay, Kentucky got a bad draw. It's OKAY for the fans to complain. However, I really don't think it's necessary for the coach to complain. It's a moot point. Does it every year. Just gets annoying.

Reactions: Quavarius
Yeah, coaches complaining in my opinion will only make it harder for them in the future. I don't like UK but they got bent over big time with that draw.

At first glance I love Carolina’s bracket. Yes that means it’s weak. But the East is weak as hell too.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Yeah, coaches complaining in my opinion will only make it harder for them in the future. I don't like UK but they got bent over big time with that draw.
He complains every year and the committee bends him over every year for it. Laughing

hmm what is the beef for UNC fans against Creighton? Was it because of Kendall Marshall in 2012?

The way Creighton played that whole game. If it had only been Marshall getting hurt, then ok, that happens. But Creighton played like goons the whole game. It was obvious that the game plan called for cheap shots.

So fuk Creighton.

Mid majors continue to get screwed. What a joke. Syracuse and OU don't deserve to be in.

As long as you're not arguing that garbage can of a team called St. Mary's deserves to be in, I agree with you.

Reactions: KisteK
What's Louisville coach saying about their draw?

That's a great one. I'm sure you're texting you friend right now and screenshotting this. If you actually read the thread I gave Uk props, but you wouldn't know that bc you still have your flashing blue glasses on from RR.

Virginia got ****ed big time.

UK vs Arizona might be the best 2nd round matchup in the history of the tournament and UVA has to play one in the Sweet 16.

ADVERTISEMENT