ADVERTISEMENT

**********Official Louisville Coaching-Search Thread*******

Do we even know if penalties are coming down? There're enough private dicks around Kentucky who would leak by now, but I haven't heard anything.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm not going to copy/paste from the Louisville premium board b/c I don't need a 4th perma-ban.

So here's the cliff notes:

Kenny Payne is the "likely choice...all sings pointing towards..."
Mick Cronin is "a name off the radar to watch....a sleeper...interest both sides"
Sounds like Bruce Pearl isn't interested, but will use Louisville for leverage to get $$$/facility upgrades.
CDd075a.jpg

I'm not going to copy/paste from the Louisville premium board b/c I don't need a 4th perma-ban.

So here's the cliff notes:

Kenny Payne is the "likely choice...all sings pointing towards..."
Mick Cronin is "a name off the radar to watch....a sleeper...interest both sides"
Sounds like Bruce Pearl isn't interested, but will use Louisville for leverage to get $$$/facility upgrades.
CDd075a.jpg
Haha, lifetime contract!!

Lifetime for Bruce Pearl at most schools = until the NCAA catches him cheating again.
At Auburn, that's probably actually lifetime. Couldn't imagine being the school dumb enough to give a coach a lifetime contract.
Can we keep this thread about Louisville? As a Cardinals fan, I don't have much right now. Please, just let me/us have this thread.

I think Kenny would do well at U of L. Loves the school, he can definitely recruit, and he's sat behind one of the best college coaches for years. Now learning the ropes in the NBA. Would be a good choice imo. Maybe not my first choice if I cheered Louisville, but up there for sure.

Reactions: cdbearde
Sampson is a helluva coach, id take him in a heart beat.

That being said im coming around on Payne. If nothing else hopefully he can repair the fracture pitino caused by alienating former crum players.

we need the old guys back in the fold from pervis ellisons aau team to milt wagners grandson to labradford smith handing out nil deals and on and on. Time to embrace the 80s and get those guys back in the mix. Which i feel like no one could do quite like KP 🤷‍♂️

Sampson is a helluva coach, id take him in a heart beat.

That being said im coming around on Payne. If nothing else hopefully he can repair the fracture pitino caused by alienating former crum players.

we need the old guys back in the fold from pervis ellisons aau team to milt wagners grandson to labradford smith handing out nil deals and on and on. Time to embrace the 80s and get those guys back in the mix. Which i feel like no one could do quite like KP 🤷‍♂️
I think KP would do a very good job, and TBH, would be surprised if its not him; unless he turns it down. Which I doubt he would. If he does, I'd 100% look at Willard. Dude can coach.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I think KP would do a very good job, and TBH, would be surprised if its not him; unless he turns it down. Which I doubt he would. If he does, I'd 100% look at Willard. Dude can coach.
im obv biased and such, but i cant see him turning down an offer, if so why even interview. Plus its not like minorities with no HC exp are gonna get head coaching gigs thrown their way every offseason. Obv no telling what all jobs open up this offseason but i cant imagine KP would garner alot of interest, esp not anywhere big with the history of success like louisville, but ive been wrong before so no telling.

Unless he just thinks he cant win here with all the bs we are embroiled in, which may turn out to be the case.

I know its tin foil cap stuff but if it’s payne The main question i have is if he can recruit anywhere near as effective without the checkmark 🤷‍♂️

im obv biased and such, but i cant see him turning down an offer, if so why even interview. Plus its not like minorities with no HC exp are gonna get head coaching gigs thrown their way every offseason. Obv no telling what all jobs open up this offseason but i cant imagine KP would garner alot of interest, esp not anywhere big with the history of success like louisville, but ive been wrong before so no telling.

Unless he just thinks he cant win here with all the bs we are embroiled in, which may turn out to be the case.

I know its tin foil cap stuff but if it’s payne The main question i have is if he can recruit anywhere near as effective without the checkmark 🤷‍♂️
No matter who the coach is, he is gonna face an uphill battle. Not to mention, basically accepting a job, with no President/AD.

If you can recruit really well all you have to do is roll the ball out . . . Or so I’ve heard.

Ur right, but at the same time it dont much matter who the ad or pres is imo, if he wins. Just like it wont matter if they are childhood friends, if he shits the bed. I get wanting to know who ur bosses are gonna be, but at the same time, he can prolly write his own contracts if he is successful, regardless of who ends up at ad and pres.

I hope we keep the interim ad. I kbow he aint been here long but Dude seems pretty legit

Even though KP doesn't have the experience, the guy creates great relationships with his players and is a helluva recruiter. Building those player relationships are important as Mack seems to be the anit-relationship maker.

You got time to get KP getting up to speed if he needs to. A couple of years and you guys will be rolling again.

Even though KP doesn't have the experience, the guy creates great relationships with his players and is a helluva recruiter. Building those player relationships are important as Mack seems to be the anit-relationship maker.

You got time to get KP getting up to speed if he needs to. A couple of years and you guys will be rolling again.
With college sports free agency, it doesn’t take a couple of years anymore.

With college sports free agency, it doesn’t take a couple of years anymore.
True, but I was thinking that little cloud hanging over you guys. Its kind of an unknown. You guys pretty much need a whole new roster, new coach and new admin. That's a lot of stuff going on.

Reactions: IUBtown
Just saw the title of an article from the Lexington Herald Leader; “Are KY Fans Scared of Payne Getting U of L Job?

I don’t subscribe so I don’t get to read it, but I actually think it might endear U of L to UK fans more. I’d want to see KP thrive there except for one game a year.

ADVERTISEMENT