ADVERTISEMENT

Official Bracket Discussion Thread

I don’t get it. Better record than UNC and UK. More quad 1 wins than both. Worse draw as we get the number one overall seed.

3-0 vs UM and they get better draw. I just...don’t understand

Not true, I think Sparty is more likely to make the 8 round.

Which is what a 2 seed is supposed to do.

It just occurred to me that if KU and UNC did happen, it would be the first time Roy experienced a KU “home” crowd since leaving.

Poor guy may have heart failure.

Edit: NM. The 2nd round game in 2013 was in Sprint.

Last edited:
Who's taking off work Thursday and Friday?

::raises hand::
PowerlessDapperBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

Really? Didn’t see it. Just checking in to see if you was ok.

Committee nailed it on seeding IMO for the first time probably ever. Can’t spot a single obvious upset in the making. NET ranking > RPI all day.

Damn, the whole gang disagreed with him. He tried to dictate the argument and got blown away. Is this the end of Vitale? He is on record saying if this happened, he will walk away from it

What was he bitching about?

So arguably one of the hottest teams in the country wins the SEC title and doesn’t really improve their seed and gets a terrible draw?

This is what me and a few others tried telling @della. There are times teams do NOT get rewarded after winning the SEC tourney!

Reactions: olsonab
Wait a second...
Wtf why is Michigan state at 6 paired with the #1 overall

I was trying to figure out the same thing. The guy one the selection committee stated that MSU jumped over UK with their Big 10 title. Nice reward lol. UK is 7... But the committee also places based on location and which fan base will travel. Its not seeded straight as it should be.

Reactions: Monorojo
This is what me and a few others tried telling @della. There are times teams do NOT get rewarded after winning the SEC tourney!

I don’t even feel like us being on an 8 game winning streak meant anything.

Hell, Miss State has a better draw than us IMO.

Makes no sense.

Hate it for you man, I really do!
I’m all bent out of shape. Hearing we will get to see our boys play in historic Reynolds Coliseum though, I guess that’s something. Would be nice to win some NIT games I guess. Barf

Did the committee release how they ranked each team 1-68? I feel like they usually do that but I haven't seen it. Interested in seeing pairings based on who was highest 1 seed, 2 seed, etc... and locations.

Did the committee release how they ranked each team 1-68? I feel like they usually do that but I haven't seen it. Interested in seeing pairings based on who was highest 1 seed, 2 seed, etc... and locations.
They did. Even did on the televised reveal after it was all out.

1s
Duke
UVA
UNC
Zaga

2s.
Tenn
MSU
Kent
Mich

Reactions: Big_Blue79
If they’re going to bother to rank an s-curve 1-68, why not make sure at least the top 2 seeds go 1-8, 2-7, etc. If it makes sense to shift the 2 seeds by one spot due to location so be it, but what’s the point of ranking everyone individually beyond the seed lines if you don’t use the rankings?

Reactions: kyjeff1
If they’re going to bother to rank an s-curve 1-68, why not make sure at least the top 2 seeds go 1-8, 2-7, etc. If it makes sense to shift the 2 seeds by one spot due to location so be it, but what’s the point of ranking everyone individually beyond the seed lines if you don’t use the rankings?
I think they said Mich St got that spot because of location or something. That they can't assume the 1 seed will still be there in the elite 8 so they can't balance regarding that.

I think they said Mich St got that spot because of location or something. That they can't assume the 1 seed will still be there in the elite 8 so they can't balance regarding that.

But they already do 1-4 and 2-3 so that doesn’t really make sense. I get that there’s no need to do it for the whole bracket, but why not do it for the 1 and 2 seeds?

ADVERTISEMENT