ADVERTISEMENT

Official Bracket Discussion Thread

So arguably one of the hottest teams in the country wins the SEC title and doesn’t really improve their seed and gets a terrible draw?

Reactions: Borotiger
Isn't it supposed to be best 1 vs worst 2?

Why is MSU #6 2nd 2 seed but in Duke's region?

Why do they also play the best 7 seed as the 2nd 2 seed?

North Carolina and Michigan St got screwed the hardest.

North Carolina in a region with two blue bloods and maybe the best three seed in Houston.

Michigan St jumps kentucky to earn a 2 seed with Duke. Wow

Reactions: I am stupid
Early lines

Villanova -5 SMC
Purdue -12.5 ODU
LSU -8.5 Yale
Wofford -2 SHU
Kentucky -22 Abilene
Louisville -5 Minnesota
Michigan State -20.5 Bradley
Nevada +3 Florida
Michigan -22 Montana
Auburn -7.5 NMSU
Kansas -9 Northeastern
Syracuse -2 Baylor
VCU -1.5 UCF
Virginia -24 Gardner-Webb
Mississippi - 1.5 Oklahoma
Cincinnati -3 Iowa
Tennessee -18.5 Colgate
UNC -24.5 Iona
Utah State -2.5 Washington
Iowa State -6 OSU
Houston -12.5 Georgia State
TTU -13.5 Northern Kentucky
Mississippi State - 8 Liberty
Virginia Tech -10.5 Saint Louis
Wisconsin -2 Oregon
Kansas State -6 Irvine

Means they balanced it out somewhere elsee on different seed lines.

Just seems shitty for Michigan state. Why should they get punished for a balancing act?

I guess life isn’t fair and all that jazz but really the top 8/12 should be locked in imo

So according to CBS the top 8 overall seeds are:
1-Duke
2-UVA
3-UNC
4-Zags
5-Vols
6-MSU
7-UK
8-UM

but the pairings by region are 1-6, 2-5, 3-7, 4-8.

Makes a ton of sense #smh
D15UJLJXQAExk-H.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy
Clemson, not in. Auburn in Nov is very different.

Lots of mid majors deserved to be in over State this year.
Auburn was like 12 when we beat them. Had to play one seed UVA twice, one seed Carolina twice, and one seed Duke. Took UVA and FSU to the wire. Stomped out Syracuse

Yeah, but he has a point.

Vitale on the other hand....
Damn, the whole gang disagreed with him. He tried to dictate the argument and got blown away. Is this the end of Vitale? He is on record saying if this happened, he will walk away from it

Michigan St jumps kentucky to earn a 2 seed with Duke. Wow

I don't get it. Also, and sorry if it's been addressed, but why isn't Michigan in Duke's bracket and Sparty with the Zags? Sparty won the B1G to get to be in Duke's bracket? wtf man

Reactions: Hank1990
ACU shoots 40% from 3? Wow. That's actually interesting vs Kentucky since that's their Achilles Heel so to say.

Damn, the whole gang disagreed with him. He tried to dictate the argument and got blown away. Is this the end of Vitale? He is on record saying if this happened, he will walk away from it
He should have hung it up years ago.

The committee did a great job. I don't care how good they do, people are going to find things wrong.

Dick wouldn't do any better if he was on the committee. Hell, he'd apparently have a crap load of mid majors in instead of true P5 teams.

He complains every year, it's getting old.

He should have hung it up years ago.

The committee did a great job. I don't care how good they do, people are going to find things wrong.

Dick wouldn't do any better if he was on the committee. Hell, he'd apparently have a crap load of mid majors in instead of true P5 teams.

He complains every year, it's getting old.
Total agreement. I think this year was one of the more difficult years for the committee, and they nailed it
I wanna give a shout out to ESPN, Jay and the guys for having a good show tonight. I really enjoyed their talking points, and didn't make it into a bitch fest

As a Texas Tech fan, I’m loving our bracket. Starting out in Tulsa is like home field.

So according to CBS the top 8 overall seeds are:
1-Duke
2-UVA
3-UNC
4-Zags
5-Vols
6-MSU
7-UK
8-UM

but the pairings by region are 1-6, 2-5, 3-7, 4-8.

Makes a ton of sense #smh
3 ACC teams being number one seeds screws up the regional mix.

Total agreement. I think this year was one of the more difficult years for the committee, and they nailed it
I wanna give a shout out to ESPN, Jay and the guys for having a good show tonight. I really enjoyed their talking points, and didn't make it into a bitch fest
Cal had those guys cracking up, then Mark Few adding on and ribbing Cal was pretty funny too.

It was a very positive show until Vitale went on his dumb rant though

I’m actually surprised that Cal didn’t bitch about this possible scenario:

If Kentucky and Iowa St meet in the 16, it could be a very similar atmosphere to the B12 championship game. And Iowa St is pretty damn good in front of a home crowd.

I don't get it. Also, and sorry if it's been addressed, but why isn't Michigan in Duke's bracket and Sparty with the Zags? Sparty won the B1G to get to be in Duke's bracket? wtf man
Play an injured Arhens who now is lost for the tournament. Play Ward who is coming back early from his injury. Play Goins, McQuaid, and Winston 38 - 40 minutes in the last game Sunday before brackets are announced and our reward is to play Thursday and in the same bracket as the overall #1 seed. We would have been better off playing our bench and losing in the quarter or semi finals.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT