ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off Season Thread****

Old B1G threads get deleted, do we keep everything as is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch the games. No need for stats.
Iowa’s defense was poor because of him and Bohannon.

There is a reason the NBA doesn’t like his type of big, because if they can’t protect the rim or guard switches it costs teams games.

Even in college that remains true.
Holy fvck, you really are Gillinois. Laughing

He only scored 9 points at home against Luka Garza though 😂
Congrats, foul trouble is a bitch some games.

Garza also took 18 shots to get 19 points, in a loss.

Then when they played in the BTT Kofi dropped 26 and 8.

Sorry, volume shooting bigs with limited defensive potential like Garza aren’t ever the best player in the sport.

Congrats, foul trouble is a bitch some games.

Garza also took 18 shots to get 19 points, in a loss.

Then when they played in the BTT Kofi dropped 26 and 8.

Sorry, volume shooting bigs with limited defensive potential like Garza aren’t ever the best player in the sport.
Foul trouble? He played 26 minutes which is one less than his average.

Garza dropped 21 and 12 in that BTT game, so don’t act like Kofi dominated him.

If POY was based on being the best player, then the #1 pick in the draft would always be the POY. Your argument is dumb.

Reactions: CO_hawk
Reed….21 pts/ 4 (2 assists) on 7-12 from 2, 1-2 from 3, 4-5 from the line

Casey, Ty Rodgers and Jalen Washington (UNC commit/ highly overrated 5 star) had 11 points combined on 2-7 shooting from the floor

give me Reed all day everyday
What's Reed's game like? Looks like Painter and Howard were on hand for that game.

Foul trouble? He played 26 minutes which is one less than his average.

Garza dropped 21 and 12 in that BTT game, so don’t act like Kofi dominated him.

If POY was based on being the best player, then the #1 pick in the draft would always be the POY. Your argument is dumb.
Lol you didn’t watch either of those games clearly.

First game he got 2 quick fouls, played like 8 or so minutes the entire first half.

Garza had 21 points on 8-21 shooting. Kofi had 26 points on 11-17.

Certainly the NBA takes into account potential. Not arguing that.

Garza is a NPOY that isn’t going to be drafted. When is the last time that’s happened?

I know it's fun to dunk on Illinois for likely losing Kofi, but we probably should hold off on laughing...their front court of Dawson Garcia and EJ Liddell is going to be deadly.
mHM3DMk.gif

Reactions: otte21 and bMORE607

First game he got 2 quick fouls, played like 8 or so minutes the entire first half.

Garza is a NPOY that isn’t going to be drafted. When is the last time that’s happened?
At least our Ben Affleck NPOY was a first rounder and a star towel waiver in the NBA finals. Garza will do ok in Europe.

He still played 1 minute less than his average in that game.

BTW, how did Garza average more blocks than Cockburn?

Garza deserved NPOY.

Garza wasn’t the best player in college last year, weird hill for you to die on.
I never said he was. Garza winning NPOY wasn’t embarrassing, he was deserving just like a couple other guys were. Yore literally the only fvck who thinks that it was embarrassing for him to win it because he isn’t going to play in the NBA.

I’m assuming you win either way in that respect.
If I gave two shits about the NBA, sure.

The two times I attempted to watch the Bucks this year, they lost. First game of the finals, and one of the first ones of the conference finals where they blew a decent lead late.

The two times I attempted to watch the Bucks this year, they lost. First game of the finals, and one of the first ones of the conference finals where they blew a decent lead late.
For betting purposes can you watch the next couple. Please and thanks.

Reactions: jwardelt
I never said he was. Garza winning NPOY wasn’t embarrassing, he was deserving just like a couple other guys were. Yore literally the only fvck who thinks that it was embarrassing for him to win it because he isn’t going to play in the NBA.
It has nothing to do with his NBA potential.

His defensive liabilities were evident at the college level and it clearly impacted his team’s success.

It’s embarrassing that the media only looks at box scores. Anybody who watched his games against other high level bigs could tell there were other players that were better.

I don't know Kentucky's roster, but I can't help but think that Illinois is better equipped to help Kofi - both from a college production standpoint and NBA development standpoint. Hell he'll get to play in PNR with Curbelo constantly which should be great for him.

Obviously with UK there are other factors though.

Giannis was clearly not comfortable the first game. We’ll see if Coach Bud can pull his head out of ass for multiple games in a row.

Reactions: jwardelt
I don't know Kentucky's roster, but I can't help but think that Illinois is better equipped to help Kofi - both from a college production standpoint and NBA development standpoint. Hell he'll get to play in PNR with Curbelo constantly which should be great for him.

Obviously with UK there are other factors though.
He will make more off NIL at UK though. That seems to be all he cares about.

Reactions: Toast.
He still played 1 minute less than his average in that game.

BTW, how did Garza average more blocks than Cockburn?

Garza deserved NPOY.
How often is the NPOY the best player in college basketball?
Lol that you think this helps your argument.

That was my whole point about his NPOY being embarrassing. Best player should get the award and Garza wasn’t the best.

It’s cute you think the block stat is telling of defensive ability.

Illinois went from one of the worst defensive teams in the country 3 years ago to one of the best due to Kofi. Players don’t want that shit and would rather settle for jumpers.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Giannis was clearly not comfortable the first game. We’ll see if Coach Bud can pull his head out of ass for multiple games in a row.
Every time I watch I am so unimpressed with Middleton then I see the next game he drops 40.

Reactions: WheelerG
I know it's fun to dunk on Illinois for likely losing Kofi, but we probably should hold off on laughing...their front court of Dawson Garcia and EJ Liddell is going to be deadly.

Wouldn’t that be their backcourt? Pretty sure If those guys wanted to be frontcourt players they’d stay at Marquette and Osu.

Reactions: Toast. and jwardelt

He won’t be able to. Bucks might have a shot if Booker stays cold, and Holiday can stay hot from three. But Suns are going to win in 6.

Lol that you think this helps your argument.

That was my whole point about his NPOY being embarrassing. Best player should get the award and Garza wasn’t the best.

It’s cute you think the block stat is telling of defensive ability.

Illinois went from one of the worst defensive teams in the country 3 years ago to one of the best due to Kofi. Players don’t want that shit and would rather settle for jumpers.
Im not sure what you don’t understand about how NPOY works. It’s based 95% on stats. There are many examples of the best player in college basketball not winning the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT