ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

It’s clear that getting involuntarily penetrated by Illinois on repeat is really deep in your mind.

Most Michigan fans aren’t so wrapped up in it, but some are weak minded, so no judgment here
You should know what is as an Illinois sports fan

Why aren’t you watching your team in front of your “massive” Illinois fanbase?!? RollLaugh
looney-tunes-yosemite-sam.gif

He needs to be glued to the bench until he graduates
He had a couple of bad turnovers in a row, but he also made some key O plays and had a couple of great stops in the paint.

I was thrilled with MR though...played D without reaching...for once.

He had a couple of bad turnovers in a row, but he also made some key O plays and had a couple of great stops in the paint.

I was thrilled with MR though...played D without reaching...for once.
I mentioned this a few games ago, but Malik really has been making huge strides defensively. And if I recall correctly, at Maryland was his worst fouling performance, so it was good to see him redeem himself last night

Reactions: Sparty_57
Not sure how to feel about today’s game. Maryland and Penn State represent what IU’s defense struggles with most so it’s a good test for the tourney but still a little nerve wrecking.

They handled marylands straight line drives well last night, but the three point defense is probably more concerning going into the big tourney. I know it’s part of their defense but I really hope Woodson is telling them to chill on switching and over helping because if not, Penn state is about to have 50 open threes

Not sure how to feel about today’s game. Maryland and Penn State represent what IU’s defense struggles with most so it’s a good test for the tourney but still a little nerve wrecking.

They handled marylands straight line drives well last night, but the three point defense is probably more concerning going into the big tourney. I know it’s part of their defense but I really hope Woodson is telling them to chill on switching and over helping because if not, Penn state is about to have 50 open threes
I felt like the guards played pretty good defense last night and guys didn't seem to be biting as much as they typically do on the perimeter letting guys penetrate.

I’m guessing one of Purdue or Indiana gets knocked off today but I have no idea which one that will be, thus continuing a really odd fact.

Purdue and IU have only faced each other once ever in the B1G tournament. And that was the very first year in 1998, with Purdue winning 76-71.

Just peeped the box score and saw that JHS played 40. Will be interesting to see how many he logs today.

That might’ve been a big deal if he then had to deal with audige today, but psu has pretty bad defensive personnel.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Just peeped the box score and saw that JHS played 40. Will be interesting to see how many he logs today.

That might’ve been a big deal if he then had to deal with audige today, but psu has pretty bad defensive personnel.

He plays another 40 min today and PU has a 25% chance of keeping him under 35 Sunday amirite?

He won’t have another game this year where he plays under 38 minutes (pending fouls obviously), but he knows that. I have a decent list of things I’m worried about with this team but him becoming fatigued isn’t one of them. He’s really good at conserving energy when he need to

He won’t have another game this year where he plays under 38 minutes (pending fouls obviously), but he knows that. I have a decent list of things I’m worried about with this team but him becoming fatigued isn’t one of them. He’s really good at conserving energy when he need to
The dude is smooth as hell.

I think it could’ve been an issue if he was gonna play another team that can heat up the ball. But there doesn’t appear to be one of those left in the big ten tourney.

MSU goes where our PG goes just always. Izzo’s system is so elite PG dependent (or guys like Draymond/Denzel who can virtually function as main distributors).

MSU this year and next year goes where AJ Hoggard takes them.

The dude is smooth as hell.

I think it could’ve been an issue if he was gonna play another team that can heat up the ball. But there doesn’t appear to be one of those left in the big ten tourney.
The fact that teams don’t heat up the ball in general against IU is surprising to me. They have like 1.75 competent ball handlers (1 is JHS, .5 is Trey, .25 is TJD in case you’re curious) and they’ll screw up if you pressure them.

Edit: not to beat a dead horse, but that’s why those “IU is better without Xavier Johnson” takes a few weeks ago were insane

Reactions: Toast.
I’m guessing one of Purdue or Indiana gets knocked off today but I have no idea which one that will be, thus continuing a really odd fact.

Purdue and IU have only faced each other once ever in the B1G tournament. And that was the very first year in 1998, with Purdue winning 76-71.
I can see either losing but I don't think they will. OSU and PSU 3rd game in 3 days. I'll probably jump on whatever the 2nd half spreads are for both.

Reactions: Toast.
I can see either losing but I don't think they will. OSU and PSU 3rd game in 3 days. I'll probably jump on whatever the 2nd half spreads are for both.
Penn state just doesn’t seem to be built well to win 3 in a row with how much they rely on the three.

The fact that teams don’t heat up the ball in general against IU is surprising to me. They have like 1.75 competent ball handlers (1 is JHS, .5 is Trey, .25 is TJD in case you’re curious) and they’ll screw up if you pressure them.

Edit: not to beat a dead horse, but that’s why those “IU is better without Xavier Johnson” takes a few weeks ago were insane
JHS is the ONLY dude I truly trust with the ball.....Trey can get wild.....Bates scares the shit out of me, and always dribbles to corners. Trayce gets lauded for his ability to bring the ball up, but that is against no pressure. Race with the ball is an anxiety attack.

As with you, I am surprised teams do not pressure IU more.

Reactions: Chicubsfan24
This is awesome, lol. I don't remember this being the style in 2009.

These Purdue teams were very good. Too bad Hummel couldn't stay healthy
I’m annoyed as hell watching and not having the possession/TO/foul situation right there and the fact that they didn’t show the shot clock.

Reactions: hawkit3113
MSU goes where our PG goes just always. Izzo’s system is so elite PG dependent (or guys like Draymond/Denzel who can virtually function as main distributors).

MSU this year and next year goes where AJ Hoggard takes them.
iu

So----who ya think CBS and Chicago are rooting for today?

An IU/PU final is sexy as **** for the above.

OSU/IU, OSU/PSU, PU/PSU.....

Yikes.

I think Minnesota should give Pitino another chance.

Slick Rick that is.
Funny you mention that. Rick in his interview with norlander from cbs said the only conference he wouldn’t coach in was the big ten because Minnesota fired his son lol. Way to blow it dummies!!

ADVERTISEMENT