ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this gem on Peegs that was too good not to share:

“Ivey is a slightly better Bracey Wright.”
Bracket was definitely more of a chucker. That offense that revolved around him and the other 4 standing around was hard to watch. Ivey been a bit of a chucker at times lately. Hopefully he plays a little more within the game during the tournament. He has the speed to take guys off the dribble but he's been trying to out athlete them a little too much with the side steps and little moves around the rim. Get to the hole and get fouled.

Reactions: boiler1987
But you lost to both and OSU at home. I still think Illinois does fine in the tournament but they haven't been playing as well as Iowa has. I'm not sure why that's hard to admit.
Liddell always plays great against Illinois, unfortunately for Ohio state they aren’t going to matchup against Illinois in the tourney.

It’s great and all that Iowa won B1G tourney, but we literally beat them a week and half ago.

Liddell always plays great against Illinois, unfortunately for Ohio state they aren’t going to matchup against Illinois in the tourney.

It’s great and all that Iowa won B1G tourney, but we literally beat them a week and half ago.
OSU is reeling worse than Illinois, I wouldn't even say Illinois is reeling they just haven't been playing as crisp as they had been. Would you not agree?

OSU is reeling worse than Illinois, I wouldn't even say Illinois is reeling they just haven't been playing as crisp as they had been. Would you not agree?
We weren’t crisp against Indiana, but were also down a starter and had no motivation to win the BTT.

Not worried at all in fact.

Beating Purdue was impressive, but past that beating Indiana and Rutgers wasn’t anything special.
Indiana beating Illinois apparently wasn't anything special either according to the NCAA committee. ;)

Btw, I appreciate your "we didn't want to be there" attitude. You would fit right in on the football board........even though, ya know............there's not much to talk about regarding Illinois football. :cool:

Indiana beating Illinois apparently wasn't anything special either according to the NCAA committee. ;)

Btw, I appreciate your "we didn't want to be there" attitude. You would fit right in on the football board........even though, ya know............there's not much to talk about regarding Illinois football. :cool:
Hey now, their win over us got them into the tournament! They should be grateful.

Lol you just wait though, Illinois football is on the rise. B1G West has been put on notice. Orange and Blue Wave is coming in…

Your crowd beat us. Not going to mention the friendly home whistle, ooops.
10 pt Iowa win on a neutral court with refs from a different conference.

Illinois had never had a 1st All American until Ayo? Pathetic.
indeed-omar.gif

This. This was how I approached the BTT. Last year I wanted the BTT badly, because of the circumstances.

And if any year has proven that the BTT doesnt affect seeding much, it is this one. The BTT means very little for a projected top 4 NCAAT seed.
BTT is a little different when you already have a title in your pocket. We needed rest more than wins this year. Hopefully the rest helps. Another win wasn't going to change our seeding. Got exactly what we expected. #3 in Milwaukee.

This. This was how I approached the BTT. Last year I wanted the BTT badly, because of the circumstances.

And if any year has proven that the BTT doesnt affect seeding much, it is this one. The BTT means very little for a projected top 4 NCAAT seed.
Wow that sounds exactly like my stance irt playing Johnny Davis

BTT is a little different when you already have a title in your pocket. We needed rest more than wins this year. Hopefully the rest helps. Another win wasn't going to change our seeding. Got exactly what we expected. #3 in Milwaukee.
I’m happy you’ve come around to the exact point I made to you before the BTT

I don't remember.
Why would Wisconsin play him (Davis) in the BTT? Seems like there’s not much upside in doing that.

We don't want to win?

If he’s not fully healthy, there’s no chance I would play him. Winning the BTT won’t change wisco’s seeding all that much, if at all. I’d rather just give him some extra rest to ensure he’s fully healthy for the tourney. If he tweaks his leg further Friday, I’d be super pissed

I'd rather not lose friday and drop to a 4 seed though.

That’s not what happens when teams lose in the conference tourneys. The committee is not going to give a shit if Wisconsin takes a quad one loss in the BTT, especially if Davis doesn’t play.

We'd played to win the game. We lost. It didn't matter. I was mildly worried about dropping to a 4 seed because we have a history of getting screwed by the committee.

But here's a cookie for hail jr. ;)

Reactions: WheelerG
We'd played to win the game. We lost. It didn't matter. I was mildly worried about dropping to a 4 seed because we have a history of getting screwed by the committee.

But here's a cookie for hail jr. ;)
It happened literally a week ago, not exactly a grudge I’ve been holding for years. Just found it funny that you completely changed your stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT