ADVERTISEMENT

New ESPN player rankings 2019

It's odd seeing UNC fans hoping to land an obvious OAD guy. For years, they said they were above that. Weird how things change.

It's odd seeing UNC fans hoping to land an obvious OAD guy. For years, they said they were above that. Weird how things change.
UNC just isn't gonna sign 3-5 of those types of guys. 1 or 2 maybe , Roy has leaned more towards roster continuity over his classes than 1 and done. Been a couple classes he struck out on with top guys but that had more to do with the NCAA Boogie Man that wasn't really coming.

It's not that UNC was above getting OADs over the past several years, it just that Roy couldn't get any due to negative recruiting. He offered all those kids but he didn't get any. Now that the NCAA cloud is gone, he will get some and the fans will take them. Roy just does not want 4-5 in one year like Duke and Kentucky. Regretfully, fans have to go with what the coach puts on the floor. Otherwise, they can go root for the swim team. Not rocket science stuff.

It's not that UNC was above getting OADs over the past several years, it just that Roy couldn't get any due to negative recruiting. He offered all those kids but he didn't get any. Now that the NCAA cloud is gone, he will get some and the fans will take them. Roy just does not want 4-5 in one year like Duke and Kentucky. Regretfully, fans have to go with what the coach puts on the floor. Otherwise, they can go root for the swim team. Not rocket science stuff.
Just curious, do you know who he has offers out to? You'll probably have two this year alone. Another already lined up for next year and offers are still out.

Just curious, do you know who he has offers out to? You'll probably have two this year alone. Another already lined up for next year and offers are still out.

JRE
Josh Green
Cole Anthony
Tre Mann

Anthony is the only OAD in projected in the group. The chances of Roy signing all those players are slim and none.

On this year's team Little is definitely OAD and Coby White could be another one. Coby is ranked in the 20's and no one projected him as OAD coming in. He could jump if he has a good year and projected as a first-round pick.

JRE
Josh Green
Cole Anthony
Tre Mann

Anthony is the only OAD in projected in the group. The chances of Roy signing all those players are slim and none.

On this year's team Little is definitely OAD and Coby White could be another one. Coby is ranked in the 20's and no one projected him as OAD coming in. He could jump if he has a good year and projected as a first-round pick.
Judging by White's AA games, I would think he's definitely shooting...for a OAD.

Judging by White's AA games, I would think he's definitely shooting...for a OAD.

You are probably correct. This is another reason why Roy is recruiting like nuts to bring in 2 highly rated guards for 2019. The NBA loves 6-5 point guards with speed. Coby does not have a high vertical leap. He can barely dunk the ball. If he had a high verticle leap, i.e. Russell Westbrook, he could be a lotto pick.

I and the UNC fans that post on this board never said that. Matter of fact I never saw a post on THR stating we didn't OAD's, nice try...
Not sure which is dumber... Rival fans saying UNC fans don’t want the top recruits or Rival fans believing that Roy holds kids back.

Reactions: 829305
Tschiebwe at 32. WVU in lead and he also wants to visit Illinois and Kansas.

Guy is a monster, would be amazing get

Keion Brooks dropped quite a bit, no?

Big disparity between ESPN and the others. I do think he is a 5 star player just on the lower end. Rivals and 247 have him and 15 and 16. I think he is probably a few spots lower but a 5 star for sure.

JRE
Josh Green
Cole Anthony
Tre Mann

I feel like you are wrong about that, but let's see the offers out this year....

1 Wiseman
2 Anthony
3 Carey
6 hurt
8 green

Also 5 stars Bacot, Baker, and Moore.(And Hagans too, wasn't he originally top 5 in this class?)

Reactions: KisteK
Tschiebwe at 32. WVU in lead and he also wants to visit Illinois and Kansas.

Guy is a monster, would be amazing get
Really like this kid, think his battles with D.McCormack could be fun stuff should he land in Morgantown.

=====================================

I never know which site has the better evals, but just looking at JRE

17 -- 24/7 5*
9 --- Rivas 5*
38 -- ESPN 4*

maybe ESPN no like because he's not NBA sexy?
Twitter thinks it's the shoes.. eyeroll.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Wake me up when these rankings translate to on-court production in NCAA play instead of being a projection of who will get drafted by the NBA because of what they can become 3 - 5 years from now.

Having said that, Cole Anthony and Stewart seem like the 2 guys that have what it takes to be a major piece in a Championship team, rather than come in and put up gaudy stats, and lose a lot of games.

Wake me up when these rankings translate to on-court production in NCAA play instead of being a projection of who will get drafted by the NBA because of what they can become 3 - 5 years from now.

Having said that, Cole Anthony and Stewart seem like the 2 guys that have what it takes to be a major piece in a Championship team, rather than come in and put up gaudy stats, and lose a lot of games.

Nice little run your guys have had. Kind of a poor man's Uconn, if you will.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT