ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada vs ASU

Nevada played with more fire during the 2nd half. It's kind of hard to believe that they got beat so badly on the glass in the 1st half. You can tell that they made that a point of emphasis in the 2nd half as well as playing with a sense of urgency. They stopped settling for 3 pointers and started driving the ball to the hoop every possession.

They were fortunate that ASU was just as terrible as they were behind the 3 point line.

Reactions: sgrooms
Nice to see the devils come back to earth.

That being said, the two best teams in the west are Nevada and Gonzaga. The state of p12 hoops (and football) is abysmal and has been consistently getting worse under Larry Scott’s “leadership”.

I’m a big Musselman fan, so I would love to see him continue building up that squad in Reno.

Nice to see the devils come back to earth.

That being said, the two best teams in the west are Nevada and Gonzaga. The state of p12 hoops (and football) is abysmal and has been consistently getting worse under Larry Scott’s “leadership”.

I’m a big Musselman fan, so I would love to see him continue building up that squad in Reno.
With about 25 fifth year seniors he's all-in this year. Gonna be quite the re-build after that.

First chance to see Dort, liked what I saw. Guy is a beast. Way too much arc on his shot, like way way too much. his 3's didn't even stay on the tv screen. But he still hit his share of shots. And busted his ass on d..guarded Caleb on one end and then had to deal with Cody guarding him on the other.

Him and Iggy look like they were way too low on the recruiting boards. Both are better than Nassir "last top 5 recruit to ever sign with Roy" Little.

So is Ariz St going to take KU down this weekend? Haven't seen them.

I don't see it. It's possible they were overlooking Vanderbilt today, but they just don't look very good to me. Still don't know how they won at Allen Fieldhouse last year.

How in the world would they be overlooking a team they were underdogs to and a tough place to play? Hurley's whiny ass is a better coach than that.

We just played a good defensive game, held our own on the boards, and hit 12 threes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How in the world would they be overlooking a team they were underdogs to and a tough place to play? Hurley's whiny ass is a better coach than that.

We just played a good defensive game, held our own on the boards, and hit 12 threes.
ASU was favored at tip by a point / point and a half.

You don't think it's possible to overlook an unranked Vandy team when you're playing the #1 team a few days later?

Reactions: PHXDukie
So is Ariz St going to take KU down this weekend? Haven't seen them.

This is for sure possible...we like to lay turds in late December and this one is ripe for a loss. We can't keep playing how we are and expect to win games.

You don't think it's possible to overlook an unranked Vandy team when you're playing the #1 team a few days later?

If you are ******ed, probably.

It's a good excuse for losers though, so carry on.

Great contributions. Glad you're on the board.

It's just an ignorant take by you.

To overlook a MAC program or a mid major is one thing but to overlook an SEC opponent on the road is just a bad take. We're not talking about a historical bottom feeder either, as VU has been in the NCAA Tourney a lot over the past 30 years and made it to 4 Sweet 16's.

Vandy isn't Duke, but saying ASU may have overlooked a team they were an underdog to just sounds like petty excuse making.

Did you even read my whole post? I wasn't trying to make an excuse for them. I said they likely won't win, I guess it's possible they overlooked Vandy, but they just don't look very good.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
It's just an ignorant take by you.

To overlook a MAC program or a mid major is one thing but to overlook an SEC opponent on the road is just a bad take. We're not talking about a historical bottom feeder either, as VU has been in the NCAA Tourney a lot over the past 30 years and made it to 4 Sweet 16's.

Vandy isn't Duke, but saying ASU may have overlooked a team they were an underdog to just sounds like petty excuse making.

Need a tissue?

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
ADVERTISEMENT