ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Lottery

He may not score as much, but I think he’s a player that will contribute to more winning than Sexton does.
you do, eh? I take it if a guy was 21-61 in his year 3 season then regressed to 19-63 year 4 that would not be a guy you'd want or one who contributes to winning?

That said if we drafted Suggs and he's better than Sexton that's a win for the Cavs.

I think Green gives you everything Sexton does on day 1. With a ceiling much higher and a rookie contract that lasts 3-4 more years.

IMO, Suggs will also end up better than Sexton, and he especially feels like a better fit with Garland specifically. And again, cheap ass contract for another 3-4 years.

With the talent available at a cheaper price (at least for the next 4 years), why wouldn’t the Cavs trade Sexton?
I'm sure they would trade him....but only if they got something better or just as good at a greater position of need. They are allowed to pick this better player and not trade Sexton if you were not aware. I mean, why not see what you have first? Possible Sexton keeps doing what he does, works his ass off and is better than the draft pick and/or Garland.

There are 6 players who put up 24+ ppg, 47-48 or better FG%, 37-38% or better from 3 AND 4+ apg. Kawhi, Curry, Kyrie, Jokic, Lavine....and Sexton

And before you give the usual someone has to score on a bad team there are a lot of bad teams and being the main focus makes it harder to score AND be an efficient shooter.

what's funny to me is there are 3 players who play more like sexton's critics claim Sexton plays than Sexton actually plays - Booker, Mitchell and Young. And these are all exceptional players.

I'm sure they would trade him....but only if they got something better or just as good at a greater position of need. They are allowed to pick this better player and not trade Sexton if you were not aware. I mean, why not see what you have first? Possible Sexton keeps doing what he does, works his ass off and is better than the draft pick and/or Garland.

There are 6 players who put up 24+ ppg, 47-48 or better FG%, 37-38% or better from 3 AND 4+ apg. Kawhi, Curry, Kyrie, Jokic, Lavine....and Sexton

And before you give the usual someone has to score on a bad team there are a lot of bad teams and being the main focus makes it harder to score AND be an efficient shooter.

what's funny to me is there are 3 players who play more like sexton's critics claim Sexton plays than Sexton actually plays - Booker, Mitchell and Young. And these are all exceptional players.

Sexton just hasn’t shown an interest in defense. He’s obviously a good player but there is a difference between a good player and a guy you want to give a max or close to max contract to. Just ask Philly.

Y’all already have one player better than Sexton in the backcourt (Garland) and you have the ability to draft another one this year and have him on a cheap deal for 4 years. It’s a no brainer.

This isn’t anything against Sexton personally. Just a business decision.

you do, eh? I take it if a guy was 21-61 in his year 3 season then regressed to 19-63 year 4 that would not be a guy you'd want or one who contributes to winning?

That said if we drafted Suggs and he's better than Sexton that's a win for the Cavs.

Helps when that player has peak Lebron come and play with him!

I think Garza is just too slow to defend at NBA level. I think he'll have a solid career overseas if he stays healthy which is nothin to be ashamed of. Hope I'm wrong not rooting against him.

He could for sure. Garza will see minutes in the NBA no doubt. I just don’t see him as a go to initial option in the post in the present day nba realm is essentially what I’m saying.
Being a good defender is more important as Center than any other position IMO, and Garza ain’t that.

I think most teams would rather take a guy who can be a solid defense big but not being much on offense besides rim running than a guy who struggles defensively but is good in the paint. No NBA team is going to run their offense through Garza, so what’s the point in having him?

I’d take Day’Ron Sharpe, Neemias Queeta, or Kofi Cockburn in the second round for a back up big over Garza.

Being a good defender is more important as Center than any other position IMO, and Garza ain’t that.

I think most teams would rather take a guy who can be a solid defense big but not being much on offense besides rim running than a guy who struggles defensively but is good in the paint. No NBA team is going to run their offense through Garza, so what’s the point in having him?

I’d take Day’Ron Sharpe, Neemias Queeta, or Kofi Cockburn in the second round for a back up big over Garza.
This is what I wanted to say.

I do know that Garza will give 100% at all times. Hopefully that helps.

Do you think Detroit will keep Cook if he performs well in summer league?

Its such a crap shoot. Except for the years with an overwhelming 1 like zion or AD its a crapshoot. Look at the guys drafted over trae and luka. Look at mitchell, no one thought he would be what he is or he wouldnt have fell to 14th. Look at winston bennett, first pick prolly never scored 500 pts.

doesnt mean there arent good players in every draft, just so hard to project.

ADVERTISEMENT