ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Bubble Thread

Apparently the Celtics locker room is imploding. Marcus Smart walked in screaming at everyone, and then everyone started screaming. Items were thrown.

Well we are going to get to see them matchup in the next round. AD is going to be guarding Jokic, should be an interesting series. Jokic isn’t the kind of guy you can shit down with a great defender on him though. I mean he had Gobert on him in the first series and still played well.

I’ll take Lakers in 6
So will I...but I've said for 5 years I'm not betting against playoff Lebron (against all teams not named GS) until someone other than GS beats him.

I probably would have if the initial comment wasn’t so smart assey. With the “right?? I mean, please tell me, right?” As if I don’t know what the eff I’m talking about.

I like you as a poster. You seem like a cool guy in real life. But I figured I’d reply to snark with some snark.

Tell you what—why don’t you share your top 5 duos in the league for right now?
Hoestly didn't read his comment as snark...but guess I can see why you could have.

Best shooter in the world, one of the top 5 playmakers in the league, and one of the top 5 defenders in the league, who can also pass.
I mean, if we were talking 3-5 years ago maybe (and of course, then it would be KD and not Green), but you made it clear we were not. Green has been a shell of himself.Even though they do more of the same things (shoot) I think Klay means more than Green at this point.

Guess we'll find out next year when healthy and the #2 pick or a vet added.

He can’t be counted on as the 2nd best SCORER on a team. That’s different than being the second best PLAYER.
what did he show you this season that makes you think he can be part of a top duo in the NBA still?

How many games is that, lol? One against the Raptors in the Finals? 4 this year?

Steph is the engine. His shooting is so much above even other good shooters, it elevates everyone else. When Durant was there they were something like 32-4 with Steph and no Durant, and like 28-20 or something with Durant and no Steph.
Sounds like you just needed Steff to be on your list. If Durant was still there? absolutely (could argue they were top duo).

A week or two ago most people on here laughed and called me a fool for even suggesting that Jokic was in the same league as AD, or that Jokic might be a top 10 player.
"most people"? Not so sure about that. some? sure. But those willing to hear arguments other than there own concluded you made a strong presentation for Jokic.

Not sure you'll do the same and come to the obvious conclusion you are way off this time, though.

After this week, I can definitely see myself revising it and having Jokic and Murray higher than Steph/Dray. And if you read the original post, I also said Jimmy and Bam were probably better.

So that right there could have Steph/Dray as low as 4th.

A lot of the other duos look great as names, but what have the actually produced? Harden and Westbrook? Lol, please. Giannis and Middleton? The couldn’t get out of the second round this year.

Kawhi and PG13? Sure, Kawhi is a top 3 player in the league but Paul George has been laughably bad when the lights get brighter. Honestly, Kawhi/Lowry is a duo I’d have in the top 3 if it still existed.

So when you start actually digging in and looking at results, you can find serious flaws with a lot of them. And the fact that Steph is in the duo makes a huge difference because he’s just on a completely different level as a perimeter shooter and floor spacer, which is where the modern game lives. It’s more of a statement about Steph than it is Dray. You’re focusing on the wrong guy.
that's fair, but you tried way to hard to justify Dray as a main reason to choose this duo.

Still think you just had to include Steff on your list (and I guess I cannot fault that sentiment).

I think it’s fair to point out his shooting declines. Really significant.

But this past year is hard to judge because it was basically a G-League roster at times.

Based on their proven record, I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as of now. I’m also very willing to drop them way down if they continue the downward trend by February of next year.
think he is what he is.....an excpetional player for THAT GS roster that was a title contender. any other roster? Not so sure. Especially now.

I have no doubt it would mess with you mentally. It’s why there will be an asterisk next to this title in the minds of many fans.
which I think is absurd....could easily make the point bubble makes this one mean more. Top seeds lost home court advantage. Though I guess if Heat/Cs wins, that played to their advantage.

which I think is absurd....could easily make the point bubble makes this one mean more. Top seeds lost home court advantage. Though I guess if Heat/Cs wins, that played to their advantage.
I see your argument, but anything outside of a normal playoff run, people will say it doesn’t count the same. Whether it was easier or harder.

Reactions: dtgold88
I doubt that, but we’ll see. Gobert didn’t shut him down. He may slow him down, but shut down? Probably not

I thought Gobert did a great job on Jokic and did shut him down at times in that series. It didn't help that Gobert was literally the only person on either team trying on defense for the first 6 games of that series.

I see your argument, but anything outside of a normal playoff run, people will say it doesn’t count the same. Whether it was easier or harder.
Agree though depends who it is. If it's Lebron, his haters of course will say there's an asterisk for instance.

I can see it both ways I guess. On one hand you don’t get any home games but on the other you don’t have any road games.

Thays the biggest difference imo. Hurts the higher seed more imo.

Reactions: dtgold88
Bro's, I am drowning financially....If I start a GoFundMe, how many of ya'll would contribute?Winking

Davis > Joker

Out played him in the regular season and out playing him again in the WCF. Jokic looks good against smaller teams, but it’s clear who the better player is. Let’s see who comes running to defend Joker now

I was on the road tonight and didn’t see a second of it. I saw the highlight that Jokic made a would-be game winner and then AD made the actual game winner. Sounds like it would have been an awesome game.

Box score says both guys were outstanding.

30/6/9 for Jokic. 31/9/2 for AD. Seems like neither guy is getting the best of the other, and Lebron is the difference maker in the series.

30/6/9 for Jokic. 31/9/2 for AD. Seems like neither guy is getting the best of the other, and Lebron is the difference maker in the series.
Davis was dominant in Game 1 as well----37/10/4...Jokic was good, 21/6/2. But through 2 games, AD has been better.

AD: 34/9/3
Jokic: 25/6/5

Reactions: JimboBBN
I was on the road tonight and didn’t see a second of it. I saw the highlight that Jokic made a would-be game winner and then AD made the actual game winner. Sounds like it would have been an awesome game.

Yea not really fair to say AD is outplaying Joker bc LA is up 2-0 when AD has Lebron. Swap Murray for Lebron and I’d bet the nuggets would be up, although ADs numbers might still be outrageous but it wouldn’t be 2-0 unless it was Jokic/Lebron up 2-0.

don’t get me wrong, both are amazing players and gun to my head I’d choose Davis as well, but Davis hasn’t had much success as joker as the best player on their respective teams. And again hard to compare this year head to head when AD is playing with the best player in the world who is a great facilitator. No offense to Murray but he’s not on lebrons planet, Plus he’s a shoot first type player.

Davis was dominant in Game 1 as well----37/10/4...Jokic was good, 21/6/2. But through 2 games, AD has been better.

AD: 34/9/3
Jokic: 25/6/5

Yeah, Jokic struggled with foul trouble in game 1. AD has been very good both games.

But they are also asked to do different things for their team. That’s not knocking AD, just saying they have different roles. Jokic is asked to be a facilitator and offensive initiator quite a lot. AD is asked to be Robin to LeBron’s Batman and capitalize on mismatch opportunities. Having Lebron on the court makes it tough to do a one-on-one comparison.

But we said all this before the series even started.

And the would be GW for Jokic was a clear mano a mano matchup with Davis where Jokic just backed him down. While Joker was the closest defender to AD on his shot it could have been others on that one.

But, yeah, both played very well.

Reactions: GE Nole
Yeah, Jokic struggled with foul trouble in game 1. AD has been very good both games.

But they are also asked to do different things for their team. That’s not knocking AD, just saying they have different roles. Jokic is asked to be a facilitator and offensive initiator quite a lot. AD is asked to be Robin to LeBron’s Batman and capitalize on mismatch opportunities. Having Lebron on the court makes it tough to do a one-on-one comparison.

But we said all this before the series even started.
True...but davis has been the number 1 for his team and even with Holiday, Rondo, Mirotic, Cousins they could not get this far...true had to play GS.

ADVERTISEMENT