ADVERTISEMENT

My updated blue blood top 10+1

to me Kansas is the bluest of the blue bloods. They were/are the blue blood since the beginning of CBB and maintain their blue blood status to this day, even tho they don't have as many titles as UNC or UK, etc...

Both legendary coaches UK Adoph Rupp and UNC Dean Smith learnt their BB trade at Kansas. UNC and KU has strong ties to each other. When KU fell on hard time after Larry Brown, Dean Smith sent his top lieutenant to KU...some guy name Roy Williams to help out. He was in the stand cheering for KU when they beat Cal's Memphis team for the title in 2008.

Also, some guy name James Naismith founded basketball and coached at KU.
Crazy how Roy Williams coached at KU but had to go to UNC to get real success.

Along with Rupp, Smith, Calipari.

Reactions: LeroyOU12

I think Williams would have stayed at KU if he won the NC in 2003 against Syracuse, but Melo Anthony went crazy in that game and beat KU for the title.

Williams after Syracuse game:

“I could give a shit about North Carolina right now,” Williams said in a live CBS interview after Syracuse defeated Kansas, 81-78, at the Superdome. “I’ve got 13 kids in that locker room that I love.”

Williams made the comment after a question posed by CBS reporter Bonnie Bernstein.
After talking about the game, Bernstein asked Williams about his interest in the North Carolina vacancy.

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2003/apr/08/dejected_williams_lets/

I think Williams would have stayed at KU if he won the NC in 2003 against Syracuse, but Melo Anthony went crazy in that game and beat KU for the title.

Williams after Syracuse game:

“I could give a shit about North Carolina right now,” Williams said in a live CBS interview after Syracuse defeated Kansas, 81-78, at the Superdome. “I’ve got 13 kids in that locker room that I love.”

Williams made the comment after a question posed by CBS reporter Bonnie Bernstein.
After talking about the game, Bernstein asked Williams about his interest in the North Carolina vacancy.

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2003/apr/08/dejected_williams_lets/

I don't think the outcome of that game had much to do with it. He couldn't say no to his family and Dean Smith twice.

I have Del on ignore so I didn't know that I put lipstick on her.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Roy had great success just couldn’t Get the natty. Played for 3 of them. 4-5 final fours.

Our 1997 team should have blazed through the tourney like UConn is doing here.

Self has 2 and 1/2 now (2020) so we’re good

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT