ADVERTISEMENT

Most Impactful Point Guard in 2021-22?

Who will be the most impactful point guard in 2021-22?

• Total voters
There are so many Illini potatoes on this board lately. Gillinois #1, #2, #3, and on and on.

Edit: Also, it’s not even them pumping up their own players with predictions of making huge improvements, they have to try to cut down other team’s players that are much more proven. Assinine to the 100th degree.

Yeah, I literally didn’t do any of that. Just think he’s primed to have a very good year and made the point he’ll have a very big impact on our team’s success. Can’t speak to other teams’ players as well.

If that makes me a potato, uh okay? Lol.

Yeah, I literally didn’t do any of that. Just think he’s primed to have a very good year and made the point he’ll have a very big impact on our team’s success. Can’t speak to other teams’ players as well.

If that makes me a potato, uh okay? Lol.
Wasn’t talking specifically about you or this thread. Talking about the recent newbie potatoes. You’ve been here for awhile and have one of the best user names ever.

Tyty is the best we've had since Fox. He's going to impact our team a lot. We're going to spread the court and who you gonna leave open lol. Tyty can shoot, pass and has a quick first step right or left. Sees the court really well. Good size and strength. And he shoots well enough to play the 2. I can't wait to see this team in action.

There are so many Illini potatoes on this board lately. Gillinois #1, #2, #3, and on and on.

Edit: Also, it’s not even them pumping up their own players with predictions of making huge improvements, they have to try to cut down other team’s players that are much more proven. Assinine to the 100th degree.
Homers all over this board
Isn’t exclusive to one team

I see what you are saying but for the most part you are being a homer because you are allowing Illinois homers to bother you.
There are much bigger homers than the Illinois clowns

Yes, there are. Which PG got your vote, btw?
Read my first post in this thread

I don’t want Carr to put up a big number of shots…
The NBA doesn’t want him either. He did hit some “bad shots” but last year there were two players who put up a lot of bad shots
Carr and Akinjo
Both were pushed back when they entered the draft

There are things Carr does well especially off the pick and roll. Both him and Mitchell were highly efficient players off the pick and roll last year.

But Carr has to shoot the ball less.
His numbers will take a hit. Doesn’t mean he won’t be a better player.
But he won’t put up huge numbers because he is playing with way better players.
Has to learn his role for when he plays pro basketball

But Carr is still a closer. Late game you don’t want the ball in another player’s hands

Three options for the SEC, yet .. imo, really cannot be most important if you don't at least win one of the two conference titles, I'd think..

Not a whole lot of bad options here; on a personal level, I'd love the smack talk the Illini fans would bring should they win either B1G title.

Three options for the SEC, yet .. imo, really cannot be most important if you don't at least win one of the two conference titles, I'd think..

Not a whole lot of bad options here; on a personal level, I'd love the smack talk the Illini fans would bring should they win either B1G title.

We weren’t really THAT bad on here after winning the BTT Title last year, given the circumstances … lol. ;)

Still won't take my bet says the guy that thinks he knows basketball.

This 😂😭🤣😅😂😭😱😱🥲🤣 could follow everyone of your posts lmao.

Been around the game longer than most on this message board have been alive
Don’t have to tell everyone what I have done. Spent almost all my adult life teaching the game to children and young adults and know people in Texas, Louisiana, Memphis and the West Coast. Lived out in LA for awhile.

I am worried about TyTy
Drop your expectations
I say that because I like Kentucky. Some of you are good people
Interesting fact. You know Matthew McConaughey’s father played football at UK.
The family is from Mississippi thiugh. They are actually from Longview my rival school growing up . Like most of the people around Jefferson, Longview and Marshall our families came from the Delta.

I am worried about TyTy
Drop your expectations
The family is from Mississippi thiugh. They are actually from Longview my rival school growing up . Like most of the people around Jefferson, Longview and Marshall our families came from the Delta.
Lazy.

To be fair, I couldn't roast UT at all really, I just don't know much about them.
I get it this is a basketball board and certain fanbases feel like they are running shit
Haven’t you noticed already. We don’t care about all that. Especially now with Chris Beard who wants a statue and his name on the new court
Will give your respect but we are a blue blood university

I get it this is a basketball board and certain fanbases feel like they are running shit
Haven’t you noticed already. We don’t care about all that. Especially now with Chris Beard who wants a statue and his name on the new court
Will give your respect but we are a blue blood university
Just admit UK is better than you in basketball, football, and women's volleyball. (that's fair)

My respect begins then grasshopper.

From an average, overrated coach a few months ago to talking statues and name on the court before his first game.

A few weeks from now we might be tossing his name into the GOAT discussion.

Reactions: RR30
Just admit UK is better than you in basketball, football, and women's volleyball. (that's fair)

My respect begins then grasshopper.
Ranked higher than you in all 3
Texas brings their entire team back in women’s volleyball. Should win a NC. Started the season #1

It is a sport that the SEC is behind the B1G in. Need a few other schools to take it serious
Just us and Florida right now
Let you guys see Gregory Gym. Need a court designed for volleyball. That place is crazy

From an average, overrated coach a few months ago to talking statues and name on the court before his first game.

A few weeks from now we might be tossing his name into the GOAT discussion.
😂😂😂
You missed my argument
People thought he could magically make players better
Doesn’t need that this year or maybe in the future. Has the players he wants

You can coach this team this year and win some games

Ranked higher than you in all 3
Texas brings their entire team back in women’s volleyball. Should win a NC. Started the season #1

It is a sport that the SEC is behind the B1G in. Need a few other schools to take it serious
Just us and Florida right now
Let you guys see Gregory Gym. Need a court designed for volleyball. That place is crazy
We just proved women's volleyball, so that's easy.

Ha at comparing Basketball.

Football, all time, you got us, but our projection and the fact you're coming over here. Hahaha.

You have to agree.

Don’t have to tell everyone what I have done. Spent almost all my adult life teaching the game to children and young adults and know people in Texas, Louisiana, Memphis and the West Coast. Lived out in LA for awhile.

I am worried about TyTy
Drop your expectations
Don't worry about Tyty. You know he's a possible lottery pick. I've been around following UK basketball longer than you have UT. And he will be impactful for UK, notice I never said the most impactful guard. You tell me who was better than him since Fox? Possibly Shai, but their roles are different. I grew up in Eastern Ky, the most passionate of BBN. BBN's roots grew from there.

I am worried about TyTy
Drop your expectations

That just means you're old as hell. Plenty of people have watched sports for 50+ years and still are clueless.

Yeah, honestly being around the game a long time might muddy the waters, too. Game played differently in different eras, different type of players, different rules, etc.

If we talking bout hoes I will side with the veterans.

He made 5 three point FGs the entire season on 16% from three despite teams having to focus on Ayo. Now he’s going to be the most impactful PG in the country? This will be fun to revisit. You guys legit think he will be more impactful than Gillespie.
He didn’t have to shoot 3s because he could get to the rim at will. His FT shooting and his form both suggest a much better than 16%. I will be surprised if he’s not north of 30% this season. Plus his release isn’t low.

Homers all over this board
Isn’t exclusive to one team

I see what you are saying but for the most part you are being a homer because you are allowing Illinois homers to bother you.
There are much bigger homers than the Illinois clowns
I think we know who you’re talking about

Sheriff policing homerism is some of the best comedy this board has to offer.

Literally all he does is hype a team that hasn't gotten out of the 1st round in 8 years, then deflect to non revenue sports to make sure he "wins" the argument. 🤣There couldn't be a bigger homer in existence.

Last edited:
Weird stats for Curbelo for sure. The guy had an overall 62% FG if I'm seeing the correct stats on googles. Am not the one to pull efficiency stats up etc, that's for the smart stat guys like the OP. Does an overall FG% of 62 offset the 16% from 3 on roughly 30 tries? I'm guessing it does, but maybe it doesn't?

6 ast vs 2.5 to for a FR is probably good right?

Let's say this. If this guy boosts the 3pt % to some kind of respectability and is shooting + 55% overall maybe he could be the winner of the rivals thread.

Lotsa ifs???

Weird stats for Curbelo for sure. The guy had an overall 62% FG if I'm seeing the correct stats on googles. Am not the one to pull efficiency stats up etc, that's for the smart stat guys like the OP. Does an overall FG% of 62 offset the 16% from 3 on roughly 30 tries? I'm guessing it does, but maybe it doesn't?

6 ast vs 2.5 to for a FR is probably good right?

Let's say this. If this guy boosts the 3pt % to some kind of respectability and is shooting + 55% overall maybe he could be the winner of the rivals thread.

Lotsa ifs???
I think overall was around 50% and from 2 was 55%.

We weren’t really THAT bad on here after winning the BTT Title last year, given the circumstances … lol. ;)
You had the team last year, I spit that as much as possible early.

I don't think they'll win either this season, but I'd love the shlt show that'd follow.

Unofficial since there's no close date, but looks like Remy Martin is going to win this.

I think we know who you’re talking about
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT