Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Houston

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • UNC

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Auburn

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters
You know why UK fans can root against a Louisville opponent?

Simple. Louisville is not a threat when it comes to real basketball accomplishments and UK has mopped the floor with them too many times for UK fans to want to run them into the ground.

They truly are our little brother. If they were better, we would hate them more.

Sorry but, hating another program usually means they're winning or successful. Louisville doesn't fit that description.

There is definitely a large contingent of the BBN that hates UL with everything they have, but those people either live near/in Louisville or the hate has been passed down through their family and they refuse to let it go.

Simple. Louisville is not a threat when it comes to real basketball accomplishments and UK has mopped the floor with them too many times for UK fans to want to run them into the ground.

They truly are our little brother. If they were better, we would hate them more.

Sorry but, hating another program usually means they're winning or successful. Louisville doesn't fit that description.

There is definitely a large contingent of the BBN that hates UL with everything they have, but those people either live near/in Louisville or the hate has been passed down through their family and they refuse to let it go.

I live in Northern KY.... just across the river from Cincy. I think you know how much I hate U6.

If I had to handicap I'd say (if PJ is truly healthy)
UK - 35%
UNC - 35%
Auburn - 20%
Houston - 10%

I'm a Navy brat who had never been in Kentucky before 2008. Louisville is just some random school to most out of state people. If Louisville is playing a blue blood for the title, a Louisville win is better for us. I get the hate. There probably aren't any fanbases that hate each other more than UK/UL. But Louisville isn't a national brand like Duke/UNC or Kansas.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I live in Northern KY.... just across the river from Cincy. I think you know how much I hate U6.
I live in Florence. There aren't many UL fans here that I've seen.

I actually have a couple of friends that are UL fans, but they know their place right now.

They are getting beat by UK in basketball AND football. They just don't have any ground to stand on right now with all the losing and sanctions.

Reactions: JC for 3
I'm a Navy brat who had never been in Kentucky before 2008. Louisville is just some random school to most out of state people. If Louisville is playing a blue blood for the title, a Louisville win is better for us. I get the hate. There probably aren't any fanbases that hate each other more than UK/UL. But Louisville isn't a national brand like Duke/UNC or Kansas.
Exactly

My grandfather is one of the biggest UK fans I know.
He worked most of his life in Indiana while living in Ky.
He absolutely HATES IU with a passion. He will actually root for UL because they’re a state school.
In his opinion IU is UK’s biggest rival.

It will definitely be one of the bluebloods.. I would go with Auburn with ease as long as they maintain their 40% FG.

If PJ is 100% (which seems unlikely given the circumstances) that changes things. But considering they were just pushed to the brink by Wofford despite their worst shooting performance of the year, it's hard to put a lot of stock in the cats right now.

If PJ is 100% (which seems unlikely given the circumstances) that changes things. But considering they were just pushed to the brink by Wofford despite their worst shooting performance of the year, it's hard to put a lot of stock in the cats right now.

Herro was 2 for 11 from the floor against Wofford.

There's a reason why Wofford had their worst shooting night of the year. There's a reason why the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NCAA went 0-12.

So, let's take the best player off any other team left and see how balanced their offense looks.

Wofford didn't really push us to the brink. We just never felt like we were aggressive. I know people will roll their eyes at that, but UK fans who watch every game know the difference they saw. Obviously cant play grabass with Houston like we did there if we want to advance.

There's a reason why Wofford had their worst shooting night of the year. There's a reason why the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NCAA went 0-12.

So, let's take the best player off any other team left and see how balanced their offense looks.
Didn’t get to see the game but was all 12 of his 3 point attempts contested?

Didn’t get to see the game but was all 12 of his 3 point attempts contested?
He had two open looks, he was smothered all game long.
They have 3 other guys that crush it from the outside too, plus a talented big.

They were ranked 20th on KP for a good reason.

He had two open looks, he was smothered all game long.
They have 3 other guys that crush it from the outside too, plus a talented big.

They were ranked 20th on KP for a good reason.
Trust me, I know all about Wofford. They did win in Chapel Hill last year.
I was very shocked their main shooter was 0-12.

Trust me, I know all about Wofford. They did win in Chapel Hill last year.
I was very shocked their main shooter was 0-12.
I would kill to have a shooter like Fletcher McGee on UK.

But damn, it's not just him, if it was just him, you could guard them easier, but I was really impressed with their other shooters.

I'm glad that game is over. They're a nightmare to guard

You can't overlook UK with or without PJ but the country saw how tough Wofford was but UNC fans knew that all along. Let's just win Friday night.

All four certainly could win it. I think top to bottom, UNC is the most talented team. And probably the better team. IF Auburn is hitting 3's? Yeah, good luck. If not? No luck needed. Houston is getting waaaaaay overlooked. Nasty athletic. Guards that can score,AND defend. UK is kinda of the wild card.. A healthy PJ, and IMO its between them and UNC. A now injured PJ? I just dunno. Even if he plays, how available will he be?

No idea really who wins this region, or any other. There all damn near chalk. BUT....with the unknown to PJ....I'll take UNC. BUT----If PJ plays Friday,. and looks as he did? Man, I dunno. I mean fvck---even WITH PJ, Houston is gonna a god damn handful. Auburn could go crazy from three for two games...UNC can score at multiple spots, and god damn they get down the floor. Houston is ferocious man.

THis gonna a damn fun regional.

UNC cake walk to the Final 4, they"ll destroy Auburn on the glass and UK/Houston won't be able to score enough to keep up with the Heels.

I feel more confident about UNC making the Title game than Duke but if both were to meet, Zion will single handedly win that game for us.

hmm.....................................80-72

UNC tends to have narcolepsy episodes defending the perimeter. Let Auburn get hot and they’ll be punted... But that’s just upset potential, I still think UNC will win and if they do, they’ll make the F4. If Auburn wins, pencil in the Lexington kids.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I LOVE MY UNC TAR HEELS!

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

UNC cake walk to the Final 4, they"ll destroy Auburn on the glass and UK/Houston won't be able to score enough to keep up with the Heels.

I feel more confident about UNC making the Title game than Duke but if both were to meet, Zion will single handedly win that game for us.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT