ADVERTISEMENT

Matchups for Big East-Big 12 Challenge are set.

So a Final Four team vs. a team playing in the CBI?

Gotta love that level of respect.

I'll be happy if they manage to call us Texas Tech during the Final Four game. When we played Michigan it was somehow Texas vs Michigan.

I do think Nova and Marquette were already set as the second part of a home and home that started this year. KU v Villanova this season. Although that rematch would have been fun.

We already play Creighton next season.

Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational
Thu.-Fri, Nov. 28-29 Las Vegas (Orleans Arena)
Host Teams: Creighton Bluejays (Big East), Iowa Hawkeyes (Big Ten), San Diego State Aztecs (MW), Texas Tech Red Raiders (Big 12).

Last edited:

I think is more about which matchups will draw the most TV viewers. the Kansas vs Villanova is a better draw than a
TT vs Villanova matchup, the same thing happens in other conference matchups.

in the BT it ussually is MSU vs Duke as the Marquee matchup,

it has nothing to do with respect or lack of.

;)I'm guessing my Auburn Tigers might get an invite to the BIG 12 / SEC challenge next year.

Reactions: KisteK
Hey, what are you guys gonna look like next season OP?

Looks like we will be hooking up in a Las Vegas tourney.

I’ll answer for him. We should potentially be very good.

Returning: Moretti, Kyler Edwards, Deshawn Corprew (all of those see significant minutes).
McCuellar (4 star recruit injured all year), Moore (top 50 recruit, not sure if he’ll be back).

Incoming: at least 3 top 60 national recuits, top rated juco player, Russian national team player and I’m sure a few grad transfers.

We’ll be pretty young, but I bet we do well in the grad transfer market which should equal things out a bit.

I’ll answer for him. We should potentially be very good.

Returning: Moretti, Kyler Edwards, Deshawn Corprew (all of those see significant minutes).
McCuellar (4 star recruit injured all year), Moore (top 50 recruit, not sure if he’ll be back).

Incoming: at least 3 top 60 national recuits, top rated juco player, Russian national team player and I’m sure a few grad transfers.

We’ll be pretty young, but I bet we do well in the grad transfer market which should equal things out a bit.

Sounds like it will be a good game. If Tyler Cook returns, we will have a very experienced team. All 5 starters will be returning.

I’ll probably watch 4 of those at most. Terrible job by whomever selected those.

I'm super curious about most of these..

OU/Creighton looks fun

Depending on when this runs, DePaul could have their transfer Gordon playing and they bring in a couple of young guys that could make DePaul/Tech a bit of a surprise game.
... or it could end up being the shitstorm most are thinking.

Seton Hall / Iowa State could be another good one, depending on any other defections from ISU.

Butler/Baylor and
Xavier/TCU (depending on coaching change leading to defections) could both be good games

And my favorite of them all looks to be
Georgetown/Okie Lite

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
Nice! Iowa was pretty damn good this year. They should make some serious noise next year if they return all 5.

I hope so. Should be Frans nest team.

I am pumped for the match up. I cant wait. I am not sure if we have ever played in basketball.

Looks like Crieghton and San Diego St are the other teams.

Played on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.

Big XII can possibly sweep that. I would figure the BE's best chances for Ws would be Nova over KU, SJU over WVU, Marquette over KSU, of those I would think right now only Marquette would be favored but playing on the road.

Some guys that played return Moro, Edwards, and Corprew. Some guards/wings that mostly practiced will get playing time. Have some talented guards/wings coming in. Have no idea who will play in the front court. We have a 6'10 guy who hasn't played much this season. In the recruiting class we have a 6'9 grad transfer, 7 ft from HS, and 6'9 Russian.

You’re a better fit with us due to football, and we can hoop too. Glad you’re with us now.

Would like to still poach Cincy and Louisville and call it a day, but the latter is too late.
Yeah I just miss the old big east sometimes but prefer the home and home in B12. Football is way better obviously. The hoops road games are brutal but they've done a lot to make the travel easier for us.

You’re a better fit with us due to football, and we can hoop too. Glad you’re with us now.

Would like to still poach Cincy and Louisville and call it a day, but the latter is too late.
Yeah I just miss the old big east sometimes but prefer the home and home in B12. Football is way better obviously. The hoops road games are brutal but they've done a lot to make the travel easier for us.

Basketball gives us thrills, but Football is what pays the bills

Unless you’re an elite program or blue blood in b-ball, tough to make a lot of Cha Ching in it compared to the foosball. We make a ton of money off b-ball bc of our brand, but otherwise it’s not as lucrative.

Look at tourney payouts vs bowl payouts

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

Terrible spin job there.

More like, a battle between the champions of the NCAA and the CBI who will meet to determine once and for all who is the real 2019 national champ.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
your mom sucks and that ain't a blood bath.
giphy.gif

Lmfao. If those kids had any brains, they would have shot the ping pong ball like a basketball. Bank it on the far side of the bucket.
no one ever accused Illini children of knowing anything about basketball.

ha, my bad. I shouldn't post between customers. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
It is still there.
Truthfully I think the SEC/Big 12 challenge could do a better job.
Meaning Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, Texas A&M should play every year.
The other 6 teams can rotate but there is no reason why LSU and Missouri shouldn't play.
Its based on the previous seasons finish isnt it? We have 4 extra teams. Last 4 dont play following year.....ergo expect Mizzou and LSU to not play because they usually suck. But Aggie is in....maybe yall can get together there....

I don't know the precise requirement for which SEC teams sit, but Mizzery and aTm shouldn't ever not play.

I don't know the precise requirement for which SEC teams sit, but Mizzery and aTm shouldn't ever not play.
It should be the reason KU and MU still plays.

UK can play WVU.

Missouri at KU, KU at Missouri is something every college fan needs to watch.

Reactions: KisteK
It should be the reason KU and MU still plays.

UK can play WVU.

Missouri at KU, KU at Missouri is something every college fan needs to watch.

Oh the snobs will come out to comment on this topic, but the years Kansas/Kentucky battle in the CC, I'd love for KU to play Mizzou in the BigXII/SEC Challenge.

Ratings boost for the Challenge, and I get to (finally) buy more Tiger stuffed animals for my dogs to destroy. A tradition nearly forgotten in my household.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT