ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Adams steps down as HC at Texas Tech

the-office-steve-carell.gif

What am I missing? 43-26 with a S16 and they were more or less victims of a tough conference this year

So, a little context for everyone here.

This whole issue with quoting a Bible verse about slaves, while tone deaf and stupid, isn't why he got canned. More than likely its just how they forced him out.

This entire season has been a shit show full of rumors and he said/she said. But there was just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Let's get the weird one out of the way to start. Mark Adams had a twin brother who died in Jan. of 2021. And somewhere between then and the start of this season, Mark Adams divorced his wife and married his Sister-in-Law. Yeah, yikes.

Apparently, this caused quite the rift in the family (who would have guessed) and Adams brought his son onto the staff to try and mend the relationship. (that's the rumor anyway)

Rumors swirled at times this season that Adams gave his son too much authority and that rubbed the other coaches and players the wrong way.

Then the Maui Invitational happened. And from multiple sources, we learned that Adams used this trip as a defacto Honeymoon. And skipped practices or was not doing his job in some capacity. At some point, a blow up happened in the locker room when Adams got onto a player for worrying about his GF more than the team and the player shot back about Adams own issues. Adams and the player had to be separated from what has been reported. Team chemistry seems to have floundered while they were in Maui. And we saw a team devolve from that point on.

Then came the Aimaq issue where due to his injury he wasn't playing and it appears our side tried to withhold NIL from him because of it. He tried to go to the portal and then eventually a deal was worked out it would seem. Of course, now that the season is over he has already said he's entering the portal.

I may be forgetting something else, but it's been a Rollercoaster of a season behind the scenes and it's just been one thing after another.

Adams definitely isn't the good Ole boy he projects. That's what we have learned this season. And having a terrible season on the court just made it worse. He was only going to be a bandaid for a few years anyway, so I'm glad all parties could move on now instead of dragging the program into the gutter and losing all we have achieved in recent years.

Now we need to find a great coach to lead us forward.

Let's get the weird one out of the way to start. Mark Adams had a twin brother who died in Jan. of 2021. And somewhere between then and the start of this season, Mark Adams divorced his wife and married his Sister-in-Law. Yeah, yikes.
Did you ever think that maybe Mark and his twin switched places on that tragic day and it was actually Mark who died in 2021? And that he didn't tell anyone because he already got in too deep? And that marrying the sister in law was just his brother getting back together with his wife?

Cmon, this shit's pretty obvious when you think about it.

Did you ever think that maybe Mark and his twin switched places on that tragic day and it was actually Mark who died in 2021? And that he didn't tell anyone because he already got in too deep? And that marrying the sister in law was just his brother getting back together with his wife?

Cmon, this shit's pretty obvious when you think about it.
Or twins really do just share everything.

OH! I did forget a major issue!!!

He told our Big Money Donors to F off at some point. And that he could go out and find his own donors to replace them.

That was the true death nail! You can't shut the door on the guys paying your players. I think he is just out of touch with today's game and what it takes to be a good program.

Adios Amigo!

This gives new meaning to recruiting over a player.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

This whole issue with quoting a Bible verse about slaves, while tone deaf and stupid, isn't why he got canned. More than likely its just how they forced him out.

This entire season has been a shit show full of rumors and he said/she said. But there was just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Apparently, this caused quite the rift in the family (who would have guessed) and Adams brought his son onto the staff to try and mend the relationship. (that's the rumor anyway)

Rumors swirled at times this season that Adams gave his son too much authority and that rubbed the other coaches and players the wrong way.

Then the Maui Invitational happened. And from multiple sources, we learned that Adams used this trip as a defacto Honeymoon. And skipped practices or was not doing his job in some capacity. At some point, a blow up happened in the locker room when Adams got onto a player for worrying about his GF more than the team and the player shot back about Adams own issues. Adams and the player had to be separated from what has been reported. Team chemistry seems to have floundered while they were in Maui. And we saw a team devolve from that point on.

Then came the Aimaq issue where due to his injury he wasn't playing and it appears our side tried to withhold NIL from him because of it. He tried to go to the portal and then eventually a deal was worked out it would seem. Of course, now that the season is over he has already said he's entering the portal.

I may be forgetting something else, but it's been a Rollercoaster of a season behind the scenes and it's just been one thing after another.

Adams definitely isn't the good Ole boy he projects. That's what we have learned this season. And having a terrible season on the court just made it worse. He was only going to be a bandaid for a few years anyway, so I'm glad all parties could move on now instead of dragging the program into the gutter and losing all we have achieved in recent years.

I've heard Mark Turgeon is available.

WTF!

This makes me wonder how his brother died... that's not suspicious at all.

WTF!

This makes me wonder how his brother died... that's not suspicious at all.
I follow things pretty closely and was completely in the dark on it. This bizarre news was kept pretty hush hush until late last year. Some insiders apparently knew and didn't say a word, as we made the S16, so who wants to rock the boat when things are going well, and we barely dodged a catastrophe when Beard bailed on us. But, damn. That's just gross to me. How weird that must have been for your kids and other family members to deal with.

I follow things pretty closely and was completely in the dark on it. This bizarre news was kept pretty hush hush until late last year. Some insiders apparently knew and didn't say a word, as we made the S16, so who wants to rock the boat when things are going well, and we barely dodged a catastrophe when Beard bailed on us. But, damn. That's just gross to me. How weird that must have been for your kids and other family members to deal with.
Yeah, that is messed up. Something similar happened between some friends of mine. One of them dated this girl for many years during high school and after. He passed away and his brother started dating her and now they've been together for years and have kids together. I wonder how weird that must be within the family.

Yeah, that is messed up. Something similar happened between some friends of mine. One of them dated this girl for many years during high school and after. He passed away and his brother started dating her and now they've been together for years and have kids together. I wonder how weird that must be within the family.
Being you're from Kentucky, were they all the same family to start with?

Family Tradition

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
you should pin a thread to the top of the page where Kentucky fans can post about all the times they knew someone who slept with a family member.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT