ADVERTISEMENT

Malauch to Duke

Duke is not and hasn't since 2019. Like I said, our team this year has a SR guard, 3 sophomore starters and a grad transfer backup big man to go along with 4 freshmen.

Our team next year will likely only have 2 OAD freshmen starters.

How is that relying on OAD?
Because it fits their hateful talking points.

And you can’t get any to come to Afam u.

Must be that plantation mentality.

Don't care about the OAD like you guys do. The end result is with all that talent you still can't get it right and when you don't the excuses start flowing.

Don't care about the OAD like you guys do. The end result is with all that talent you still can't get it right and when you don't the excuses start flowing.
Good excuse for the cacklers unsuccessful recruiting.

No excuses but duke has been underwhelming with all those recruiting titles and nothing to show for it.
We literally won the ACCT last year while ya"ll were sitting at home with your loaded team with Caleb Love and RJ Davis.

Year prior, we won the ACC Regular Season and made the Final 4.

How is that underwhelming?

We literally won the ACCT last year while ya"ll were sitting at home with your loaded team with Caleb Love and RJ Davis.

How many FF's/title games have you reached since you went all OAD?

Second, with all that one and done talent UK and Duke have had, UK has been to 0 final fours since 2015, and Duke has been to one since 2015. Yep, both teams sure are tearing it up with all those one and dones.
Duke didn't have multiple OADs in 2016 and 2021. There was no tourney in 2020 and we had a shitty team with no talent in 2021 and were in the NIT.

Our talented teams won a title (2015), made a Final 4 (2022), 2 Elite 8s (2018 and 2019) and 1 2nd round upset to South Carolina where we played in Greenville and lost to a USC team that made the Final 4.

You realize he is stupid, right?

No excuses but duke has been underwhelming with all those recruiting titles and nothing to show for it.
If NC’s are your success measure, seems your strategy hasn’t been very successful either.

You are reaching big time. You rely OAD every year and it hasn't worked out for you.

The Duke teams that have had 2+ freshmen drafted have performed really well in March, actually.

2015- National champs
2017- ACC Tournament Champs, 2 seed
2018- Regional Finals
2019- ACC Tournament Champs, Regional Finals
2020- #5 KenPom before season being shut down
2022- Final Four, ACC Champs
2023- ACC Tournament Champs (18-1 when all the rotation players were healthy)

2017 & 2022 were the only years where Carolina went further in the tournament. And, of course, UNC also had a losing season in 2020 & missed the tournament in 2023. So, Duke outperformed UNC in 5 of those 7 seasons.

Any coach in America would take those results. 4 Regionals Finals in 6 years, including 2 Final Fours, 1 National Title, and 3 ACC Tournament Titles. And we were 1 possession away from a FF in '18 and '19.

The Duke teams that have had 2+ freshmen drafted have performed really well in March, actually.

2015- National champs
2018- Regional Finals

2017 & 2022 were the only years where Carolina went further in the tournament. And, of course, UNC also had a losing season in 2020 & missed the tournament in 2023. So, Duke outperformed UNC in 5 of those 7 seasons.

Any coach in America would take those results. 4 Regionals Finals in 6 years, including 2 Final Fours, 1 National Title, and 3 ACC Tournament Titles. And we were 1 possession away from a FF in '18 and '19.
Please, please. No facts. They hate them.

Reactions: dukedevilz

2015- National champs
2018- Regional Finals

With all the NBA talent, preseason # 1 over that span of time you should of accomplished alot more than they have. You can't tell me otherwise.

I respect your opinion but you said duke out performed UNC 5/7 teams, with all that talent no one is going to argue that. I'm saying the end result didn't match the talent level. How many times were you preseason ranked #1 with the top recruiting class?

I'm basing this on tournament success only, winning conference championships don't mean anything. Bagley, Zion, RJ and the rest didn't come to duke to win conference titles, they came to duke to win it all and neither even sniffed a FF

Once k went all in on 0AD, the talent was flowing to Durham yearly, IMO the results didn't match up

How many times were you preseason ranked #1 with the top recruiting class?

Duke was preseason #1 in 2017 & 2018. No other Duke team with multiple OADs was ever ranked higher than 4th in the preseason. The 2017 team had Harry Giles, who was the #2 rated prospect in HS (ahead of Tatum). After his ACL injuries, he wasn't the same player. That ranking would have dipped a bit had people known Giles was only a shell of his former self. So, really on the 2018 team. Great team, very nearly made the Final Four. But, came just a bit short.

I'm basing this on tournament success only, winning conference championships don't mean anything. Bagley, Zion, RJ and the rest didn't come to duke to win conference titles, they came to duke to win it all and neither even sniffed a FF

Once k went all in on 0AD, the talent was flowing to Durham yearly, IMO the results didn't match up

I'll take my chances with 4 Regional Final Fours in 6 years. Those are odds I'm willing to take 100 times out of 100.

Bottom line is simple: You take talent EVERY time. I don't care how many juniors and seniors a team may have. There are 40+ power schools every year that have multiple upperclassmen in their starting lineup that can't sniff a regional final.

Not all recruiting classes are created equal, and that significantly impacts Duke's ceiling. Flagg/Maluach in the starting lineup, however, will create a ceiling that is much higher than your typical Duke squad.

Reactions: AWilli6995
IMO this kid won't be much of a factor maybe just cause a little disruption in the post on defense. Doubt he is much of a offensive threat

I can't really tolerate those two going back and forth.

Plus, I can't bring myself to talk a lot of smack to Duke since Hubert and Love and company sort of ended them a couple of years ago. Games are still fun but it's kind of over for all intents and purposes.
You’re right about the rivalry. What happened in 2022 broke my soul.

I can’t in good conscience make fun of you guys again till we beat you in championships or beat you H2H in the NCAAT to even the score.

That day is coming though. Scheyer is the recruiting GOAT. Every Duke team will be a major title threat.

You’re right about the rivalry. What happened in 2022 broke my soul.

I can’t in good conscience make fun of you guys again till we beat you in championships or beat you H2H in the NCAAT to even the score.

That day is coming though. Scheyer is the recruiting GOAT. Every Duke team will be a major title threat.

Agree completely with how he is recruiting right now. I think it would benefit him more to maybe have a better mix of portal guys with some of this elite talent but you can't turn down the sort of talent he is getting.

ADVERTISEMENT