ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs UVA

Lol Bennett with the blow by. We didn’t cover but won by 7. Good game hoos.

12-1 in ACC. Second half was too close for my liking, but Virginia is no slouch on D.

Reactions: rockycard
UVA played about the best they could in the 2nd half. A team that shoots 26% from 3 shot 50% (11-22). Not going to lie that performance beats a lot of teams today. I was nervous and surprised we held on quite honestly.

UVA played about the best they could this year. A team that shoots 26% from 3 shot 50% (11-22). Not going to lie that performance beats a lot of teams today. I was nervous and surprised we held on quite honestly.
Homeboy corn braids was on fire.

Reactions: jhmossy
This will probably be the biggest talent gap between the two schools going forward so you better get as many wins against us as you can this year. I feel like we’ll split most years going forward.
Meh, you guys aren’t some D2 school. Key, Clark, Diakite, and Huff are a formidable squad. Especially this year.

Meh, you guys aren’t some D2 school. Key, Clark, Diakite, and Huff are a formidable squad. Especially this year.

Still the worst team we’ve had in 6-7 years by far. This team might not make the tourney. Previous worst team was a 5 seed. Congrats on the win.

Don’t care what the spread was or what UVA’s record is right now. REALLY happy to get this win for the program. That had been a big monkey on our backs for too damn long. Great finish and win Cards!

Reactions: American Male
I’m just glad we finally beat UVA, nine in a row was tough.

I caught myself feeling sorry for UNC last night and then I was like hell between the uva game where we blew a 4 pt lead in the last few seconds and the Duke comeback against us last year, hard to say which was worse.

But damn it’s hard to think of a worse way to lose than the ole ncstate style putback. I swear that would be a play in my playbook, alley-oops where the passer goes up like he’s shooting, would be virtually unstoppable. And also passing off the backboard when the opponent is fronting the post. It seems so easy get to one side of the rim or other and throw a chest pass at the backboard (obv missing the rim). I know it seems crazy but with the number of times I’ve seen is turn it over throwing lollipop passes over the top of the defender when he is fronting get the post only to have the wing defender come steal it.

Reactions: American Male
I'm happy for all the Card fans that post on this board. The posters on the Yum are terrible though. I truly understand what it's like being owned by a team that you think should beat more often.

We lost so many games in a row to VT in football before this past year that it felt great to get the monkey off the back even though they weren't that good.

The key will be following up one win with another win. I'm feeling more confident about the rematch than I was before yesterday's game.

Same thing happened against FSU. Felt we would lose there by 15. Kept it close. Won the rematch.

I'm happy for all the Card fans that post on this board. The posters on the Yum are terrible though. I truly understand what it's like being owned by a team that you think should beat more often.

We lost so many games in a row to VT in football before this past year that it felt great to get the monkey off the back even though they weren't that good.

The key will be following up one win with another win. I'm feeling more confident about the rematch than I was before yesterday's game.

Same thing happened against FSU. Felt we would lose there by 15. Kept it close. Won the rematch.
Gonna be a tough game. For whatever reason we tend to play better on the road, but who knows.

Gonna be a tough game. For whatever reason we tend to play better on the road, but who knows.

And we play better at home. Senior night and possibly a must win game for our tourney hopes. Regardless of the outcome, I feel pretty confident we won't give up 80 or score 73 in the next game. I also feel confident you won't shoot 0 FTs in the first half or 24 in the second half.

And we play better at home. Senior night and possibly a must win game for our tourney hopes. Regardless of the outcome, I feel pretty confident we won't give up 80 or score 73 in the next game. I also feel confident you won't shoot 0 FTs in the first half or 24 in the second half.
Surprised there wasn’t more of a certain fanbase crying about referees or rooferees or whatever they like to call them.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT