ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville People

Also, I'll tell you what to avoid: Joe's Crabshack. I don't know what made me want to go there, maybe this thread, but Joe's Crabshack has been on riverfront for like 20 years and I haven't been in at least 15.

First there was a Jeep Wrangler convention going on next to it, which drew some weird ass people who were like hybrid redneck types who REALLY love their jeeps.

Then we waited 45 minutes with said weird Wrangler people for a table. The waiters sang happy birthday for little kids and grown adults 3 times in an hour. They make birthday people do the hula dance while they sing, which entertained hybrid rednecks, but made me feel like I was in the movie Idiocracy.

The fish tasted like rubber. And while sitting there I had to watch hybrid rednecks with bibs on devour lobster like they were crazed crack addicts getting their fix.

Will not go back... probably ever.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Also, I'll tell you what to avoid: Joe's Crabshack. I don't know what made me want to go there, maybe this thread, but Joe's Crabshack has been on riverfront for like 20 years and I haven't been in at least 15.

First there was a Jeep Wrangler convention going on next to it, which drew some weird ass people who were like hybrid redneck types who REALLY love their jeeps.

Then we waited 45 minutes with said weird Wrangler people for a table. The waiters sang happy birthday for little kids and grown adults 3 times in an hour. They make birthday people do the hula dance while they sing, which entertained hybrid rednecks, but made me feel like I was in the movie Idiocracy.

The fish tasted like rubber. And while sitting there I had to watch hybrid rednecks with bibs on devour lobster like they were crazed crack addicts getting their fix.

Will not go back... probably ever.
Lolololol this. 12-15 years ago I had a friend that worked there, he said that every 30 mins they’d make the staff get up and dance and do some awkward jig, when said dancing would occur, my buddy would quickly run to the bathroom or try to find the nearest mop, and clean up a non-existent mess.

Reactions: bkingUK
Lolololol this. 12-15 years ago I had a friend that worked there, he said that every 30 mins they’d make the staff get up and dance and do some awkward jig, when said dancing would occur, my buddy would quickly run to the bathroom or try to find the nearest mop, and clean up a non-existent mess.

Haha. I truly felt sorry for the waiters.

0/10 on the latter part of your post. Although not surprised, most cats fans flock to Louisville because Lexington is a one horse town.

I didn’t want to turn this into that, however Lexington is a much nicer, more elegant and higher class city. It’s also more educated, as well as has a higher household income level. It’s much more of a college town than Louisville, though it has been creating a new identity for the last 20-30 years. However, Louisville has a much bigger population of people, so there are more things to do. I love both cities for what each bring to the Commonwealth.

I would never want to live in Louisville, but certain parts can be great to visit. In fact, I’ll be flying there this weekend. Like most Louisvillians, I’ll be rocking my Kentucky Blue.

I’m excited to get back there for a visit.

I didn’t want to turn this into that, however Lexington is a much nicer, more elegant and higher class city. It’s also more educated, as well as has a higher household income level. It’s much more of a college town than Louisville, though it has been creating a new identity for the last 20-30 years. However, Louisville has a much bigger population of people, so there are more things to do. I love both cities for what each bring to the Commonwealth.

I would never want to live in Louisville, but certain parts can be great to visit. In fact, I’ll be flying there this weekend. Like most Louisvillians, I’ll be rocking my Kentucky Blue.

Cool.

Anyways, went to Hell or Highwater last night. Good bourbon selection. Good cocktails. When you get seated you get this velvet booth thing where you get on demand service by pressing button. Good for a drink or two. Place has no sign at all. Located behind Duluth Trading Co.

@coryfly another place I'd recommend is the Evan Williams Experience. Cool place.

Le Moo is great place for brunch or a steak for dinner. Mussels and burgers is really a good spot for lunch. If you enjoy s good cigar cross the walking bridge into Jeffersonville and go to matchstick. Humidor and bourbon bar are excellent. Need to have a Kentucky Hot Brown for breakfast at the Galt House. Lots of great places to eat. Lots of great places to have a cocktail. If Redbirds are in town you can catch s baseball game and throw back a beer from their brewery.

I’ve lived in both and Louisville is better. Many more things to do. Lexington is horses and UK. Nothing else.

Lol all of that simply isn’t true. It’s not nicer. Nor more “elegant” as you put it, and there isn’t shit to do aside from watch a cats game or go to keeneland. Louisville>>>>>Lex any day. I don’t even live in Louisville anymore, and I used to visit lex all the time when my friend lived at Center Court.

Le Moo is great place for brunch or a steak for dinner. Mussels and burgers is really a good spot for lunch. If you enjoy s good cigar cross the walking bridge into Jeffersonville and go to matchstick. Humidor and bourbon bar are excellent. Need to have a Kentucky Hot Brown for breakfast at the Galt House. Lots of great places to eat. Lots of great places to have a cocktail. If Redbirds are in town you can catch s baseball game and throw back a beer from their brewery.
Redbirds are now the Louisville Bats.

Reactions: Da_Bull
I’ve lived in both and Louisville is better. Many more things to do. Lexington is horses and UK. Nothing else.

I don’t disagree with you. If you are young and single, Louisville is the best place to live. Since I’m not, I feel that Lexington is the best place for me to live

Reactions: JimboBBN
Lol all of that simply isn’t true. It’s not nicer. Nor more “elegant” as you put it, and there isn’t shit to do aside from watch a cats game or go to keeneland. Louisville>>>>>Lex any day. I don’t even live in Louisville anymore, and I used to visit lex all the time when my friend lived at Center Court.

I love Louisville and I love Lexington. However, Lexington is much nicer and prettier. There is a reason Lexington is on a lot of the Top 10 nicest places lists. Louisville is usually not on there anywhere.

Unfortunately, there’s not much to do outside of the college scene, UK and Keeneland in Lexington

Yeah there are a lot of bullshit lists Louisville is on too. I don't feel the need to bash Lexington though. I'm sitting at Griffingate Marriott as I type. Just got done biking on Legacy Trail.

Reactions: CB3UK
I love Louisville and I love Lexington. However, Lexington is much nicer and prettier. There is a reason Lexington is on a lot of the Top 10 nicest places lists. Louisville is usually not on there anywhere.

Unfortunately, there’s not much to do outside of the college scene, UK and Keeneland in Lexington
Fair enough, I literally only went to Lex to party during my undergrad, so what do I know?

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Louisville, KY is a great city.

In fact I lived in the cities of Louisville, Charlotte, Evansville, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Houston. Louisville is the best. (Of course I also went to night school at Louisville and UofL is a great school, even though I am a Kentucky fan.)

Louisville is too big for me, as all cities are, but it is a fine place to live. Louisville TV stations always carried the UK games -- they can't be bad for doing that. WHAS radio made UK a national team.

I love Louisville.

Louisville, KY is a great city.

In fact I lived in the cities of Louisville, Charlotte, Evansville, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Houston. Louisville is the best. (Of course I also went to night school at Louisville and UofL is a great school, even though I am a Kentucky fan.)

Louisville is too big for me, as all cities are, but it is a fine place to live. Louisville TV stations always carried the UK games -- they can't be bad for doing that. WHAS radio made UK a national team.

I love Louisville.
WHAS is way better than WLKY. Vicki Dortch, Rick Van Hoose and Fred Cowgirl can go jump off a cliff. Horrendous reporters.

D0rc0tX.gif

Unemployment rate of Assumption girls doubled when it closed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT