ADVERTISEMENT

looks like Miller of Arizona will skate

Sometimes ppl need their shit pushed in before they stop with the nonsense.
FalseDefiantCuttlefish-small.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
BTW----speaking of UL. I worked their baseball scrimmage today. Love working at Jim Patterson.
That's pretty cool, what are you, about a half hours drive from Louisville?

It has to be fun calling games at a nice stadium like that. Big crowd?

That's pretty cool, what are you, about a half hours drive from Louisville?

It has to be fun calling games at a nice stadium like that. Big crowd?
We recently moved to Clarksville. So now I'm about 10 minutes from Patterson.

Naaah. Small crowd. Just an intrasquad game. I have to work 3 scrimmages every fall. Mandatory. They hold an annual "Pizza Bowl" at the end of the fall schedule. Usually draws a nice crowd.Nothing great. But yeah, its cool working at a place like Patterson.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We recently moved to Clarksville. So now I'm about 10 minutes from Patterson.

Naaah. Small crowd. Just an intrasquad game. I have to work 3 scrimmages every fall. Mandatory. They hold an annual "Pizza Bowl" at the end of the fall schedule. Usually draws a nice crowd.Nothing great. But yeah, its cool working at a place like Patterson.
In my softball league I’m 2-5, with a walk, 5 RBI’s and 2 runs scored. I’m pretty clutch when it matters. I did strikeout though once. That was embarrassing. No homeruns yet.

tenor.gif

I can see this, as you...Laughing

I loved playing softball. No time for it now. Here and there, some.
I haven’t played organized ball in 25+ years. I haven’t swung a bat in over 10. The first game was rough but I caught on by the 2nd one. Just gotta be patient when that ball is floating in the air coming your way.

I haven’t played organized ball in 25+ years. I haven’t swung a bat in over 10. The first game was rough but I caught on by the 2nd one. Just gotta be patient when that ball is floating in the air coming your way.
Softball can be brutal. I played baseball in HS, and college. Dudes thought b/c I played college ball, that I'd be some sort of "ringer". Wroooooong. Much different swing. I bet I struck out about 6-7 times the first 10 games or so. I could field just fine; though throwing a softball,opposed to a baseball was a different animal. But I got use to it. Havent played consistently in years due to my baseball schedule. I get a chance here and there. But you are right---Waiting what seems like forever for the ball to get you is one big anxiety attack..

Softball can be brutal. I played baseball in HS, and college. Dudes thought b/c I played college ball, that I'd be some sort of "ringer". Wroooooong. Much different swing. I bet I struck out about 6-7 times the first 10 games or so. I could field just fine; though throwing a softball,opposed to a baseball was a different animal. But I got use to it. Havent played consistently in years due to my baseball schedule. I get a chance here and there. But you are right---Waiting what seems like forever for the ball to get you is one big anxiety attack..
Haven’t gotten a chance to do much fielding yet. They put me in RF and I’m very thankful for that.

giphy.gif

Wait until the offense figures this out...:confused:
Ha. Doubt that happens. Mostly right handed batters and everybody swings for the fences. 90% of the action happens in left field.

I did have to buy something that had a number on it. I think that’s how the umpire keeps track of the teams. By our numbers. I looked for a jersey in town and came up short. So I ended up buying an Ezekiel Elliot t-shirt that had his number on the back. I’m hardly a Cowboys fan but now I’m a target for the opposing teams and even the umps. I haven’t not gotten shit yet for wearing a Cowboys shirt and I really have no comeback because I know nothing about their team. Laughing

The Gold Trans Am story with Eric Dickerson is one of the better stories in college football.

Texas A&M boosters bought him the car to commit with them.
SMU gave him more but he kept the car
The story after that is all recruiting forklore.

Texas A&M claims that SMU boosters took over payments
People around SMU said they never did.
They car ended up disappearing. Some people say Texas A&M boosters paid someone to steal the car and burn it, sell it in Mexico or to keep it as a keepsake.

The Gold Trans Am story with Eric Dickerson is one of the better stories in college football.

Texas A&M boosters bought him the car to commit with them.
SMU gave him more but he kept the car
The story after that is all recruiting forklore.

Texas A&M claims that SMU boosters took over payments
People around SMU said they never did.
They car ended up disappearing. Some people say Texas A&M boosters paid someone to steal the car and burn it, sell it in Mexico or to keep it as a keepsake.
Have you ever heard about the recruitment of Brian Bosworth? It was a little bit before my time but growing up in Oklahoma we always heard that schools like UT, A&M, etc. all conducted in home visits in the typical fashion where they sell the school, the culture, how he’ll fit it, etc. but Barry Switzer walked in with a fur coat on while wearing all of his title rings and simply told him “you want some of this?” and then just walked out. Any truth to that you can remember? It certainly does sound like a Switzer move and like something Bosworth would commit to on the spot.

Have you ever heard about the recruitment of Brian Bosworth? It was a little bit before my time but growing up in Oklahoma we always heard that schools like UT, A&M, etc. all conducted in home visits in the typical fashion where they sell the school, the culture, how he’ll fit it, etc. but Barry Switzer walked in with a fur coat on while wearing all of his title rings and simply told him “you want some of this?” and then just walked out. Any truth to that you can remember? It certainly does sound like a Switzer move and like something Bosworth would commit to on the spot.

I don't remember. At that time the RBs were the ones everyone were after.
I know the Barry Switzer/Billy Sims recruitment has a story behind it as Switzer called the gas station where he worked during halftime at a game to make him feel important. Guess the ref had to tell him to get off the phone because the second half was going to start.

ADVERTISEMENT