ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Talk a ‘lil Bit ‘bout the SEC

Jimmy Dykes is going to cry.....😂
I could be off by what you mean here, but I never liked Dyke's and never understood folks thinking his favoritism towards UK is anything beyond sleeping on Rupp's coach.

I watch on a pc, and can stream/sync iheart Leach call. I usually do, but I almost always do with him and a couple of others.

I could be off by what you mean here, but I never liked Dyke's and never understood folks thinking his favoritism towards UK is anything beyond sleeping on Rupp's coach.

I watch on a pc, and can stream/sync iheart Leach call. I usually do, but I almost always do with him and a couple of others.
If you just go back to the last three minutes of yesterday’s game, you’ll definitely know why I posted that.

Reactions: UL_1986
Since UK is so bad this year, who’s gonna win SEC this year? Florida, Texas AM or Tennessee?

Haven't seen Tennessee yet

On paper they may have the best team.

Some people were upset by a comment I made about the SEC about a month ago
Looks about right. They are closer to the PAC than the ACC, Big 12 and B1G this year.
I think all three conferences have multiple schools who could be the best team in the SEC or PAC this year

So, KY looks like they’re starting to get it against FL. I like the leap of improvement, but we have a few teams left that will either confirm we’re getting it or get exposed.

So, KY looks like they’re starting to get it against FL. I like the leap of improvement, but we have a few teams left that will either confirm we’re getting it or get exposed.
Alabama wil be one of those teams, IMO....I said at the start I felt they might be the best team in the SEC....Not sure with Mizzou....Tenn I feel is legit.

Probably a good year in the SEC for UK not to be their normal selves...WIth that being said---Allen changed this team. Cal shoould have been playing the kid all along. Brooks changes this group once again...So the question is---What happens to Clarke?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Alabama wil be one of those teams, IMO....I said at the start I felt they might be the best team in the SEC....Not sure with Mizzou....Tenn I feel is legit.

Probably a good year in the SEC for UK not to be their normal selves...WIth that being said---Allen changed this team. Cal shoould have been playing the kid all along. Brooks changes this group once again...So the question is---What happens to Clarke?
No Arkansas, post is shit

No Arkansas, post is shit
Yeah, I should have mentioned them as well...Saw them vs Tenn. Looked solid. I still think Arky's a tad below Bama and Tenn....they did lose to Mizzou.

He was an assistant under Sutton I believe...

Sign the local talent and they could be a consent contender on SEC.

It’s crazy how much talent has been in the state the past 4 years for such a small state
I’m not sure how many kids want to lay for Frank Martin. I don’t think it’s fun from what they are used to in HS and AAU

LSU won the SEC outright year before last and is pretty solid this year and has the leading scorer in the SEC in Cameron Thomas. Not bad for paid players right ?

I had hoped UK would have landed Petty. Always liked that kid. Glad to see him being successful no matter where he went. Easy kid to root for!
Not sure who Petty is unless youre referring to the Bama guy thats been there for 9 years now

So could someone please clarify who the OFFICIAL new conference kings are? I’m getting a bit confused, couple of different fanbases claiming the title, making strong cases for it.

@captAUmerica21, @della, @Denim Vest
Can we do this by process of elimination? We can safely say UK is not it. Right now, bama looks to be in the drivers seat.

Can we do this by process of elimination? We can safely say UK is not it. Right now, bama looks to be in the drivers seat.
UK is definitely not this year’s kings. I’ve just seen in other threads the AU contingent hoisting the crown while you object, so I admit it’s your 2 teams . . . just wondered if you all had come to a consensus between the 2? This thread might keep the sorting out in one place. I’ve seen the best version of BDB argument, the best Coach-fit argument and the conference records argument.
So @captAUmerica21 & @Denim Vest, any more supporting evidence countering @della ’s objections? @GhostVol . . . Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UK is definitely not this year’s kings. I’ve just seen in other threads the AU contingent hoisting the crown while you object, so I admit it’s your 2 teams . . . just wondered if you all had come to a consensus between the 2? This thread might keep the sorting out in one place. I’ve seen the best version of BDB argument, the best Coach-fit argument and the conference records argument.
So @captAUmerica21 & @Denim Vest, any more supporting evidence countering @della ’s objections? @GhostVol . . . Any thoughts?
@della already conceded this debate by embarrassing himself about morality in college sports or whatever.

It’s a weird year but BRUCE/ AU owns UT. None are going to win anything of significance this year although a healthy AU is again the best of the bunch. I suppose UT is still in position to sneak in the tourney and lose early. Doesn’t do anything to change their position behind the true kings.

Seems like Alabama's football success has rubbed off onto the basketball team. They are dominating in a very similar fashion. Can anyone stop Bama from taking the SEC crown this year?

@della already conceded this debate by embarrassing himself about morality in college sports or whatever.

It’s a weird year but BRUCE/ AU owns UT. None are going to win anything of significance this year although a healthy AU is again the best of the bunch. I suppose UT is still in position to sneak in the tourney and lose early. Doesn’t do anything to change their position behind the true kings.

Claiming you won when you can only stand there getting punched in the mouth over and again isn't winning unless you're counting the goofy look on your face as you realize Bruce is a cheater and you can't defend it.

You're trying too hard with the bro and him stuff. I suppose I'm getting to ya.

Of course, any goofball fan base that claims their the best or are back when they are sporting a .500 record is pretty delusional anyway.

Alabama has a coach who's taken the Warriors/Suns approach. They are on the forefront of what basketball looks like today and is evolving into.

I've complained plenty about how unwatchable the NBA is. And this modern style is why. I get the metrics and analytics say its the way to go. I don't blame coaches for adapting to that. I'm a diehard baseball fan, but the reality is the last 20 yrs it has evolved in a similar manner, and everyone year we hear more and more about how people find baseball unwatchable. I get that, but I love the game too much to care.

Regardless of all that. Kentucky needs to adapt as well. Its astonishing to me that Calipari wouldn't be on the forefront of this while frigging Alabama has the presence of mind to get with the times on this.

College basketball has become almost unwatchable the past several seasons on the other end of the spectrum from why I find the NBA unwatchable. One is a rock fight, the other is NBA Jam Tournament Edition. There used to be a happy medium.

ADVERTISEMENT