ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Talk a ‘lil Bit ‘bout the SEC

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Most other conferences run about 3 teams deep in terms of top talent/coaching, and it’s usually the predictable ones every year. The SEC seems to be a bit different in my opinion. There’s one team that typically runs the table every year, with another team that has a moment. UT with Barnes is enjoying some nice success, as did Nolan Richardson’s Razorbacks once did, AU and Alabama as of late. I wish a couple of them would STAY that way, like other conferences.

I think it makes for a better overall product from a competitive and recruiting standpoint. UK’s OOC schedule is always infinitely more exciting than in-conference. I know that most of the other schools are “football schools”, but their fans are always in the stands when a big game comes to town, which makes me believe that if the conference would improve the support will be there. It appears that some of the schools beyond UT are hiring to make it happen (Howland, BDB, Stackhouse, etc).

Would you like to see the conference more consistently competitive or is it fine the way it is?

Last edited:
They hired big coaches and the recruiting has been there. With football money facilities being upgraded and leading the way in making replay quick and painless by having a central location (due to SEC refs), but something is amiss.

It doesn't seem to be translation to on court success.

I'd love to see other SEC teams play OOC games like they play UK.

tenor.gif

I really only care what UT does. It would be nice to have some strength in the SEC, but not to the point of a murderers row. I like matchups with highly regarded teams. The Vols would have played Gonzaga if not for Covid. I would like to have seen that game.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I really only care what UT does. It would be nice to have some strength in the SEC, but not to the point of a murderers row. I like matchups with highly regarded teams. The Vols would have played Gonzaga if not for Covid. I would like to have seen that game.

I am totally with you on this. The Big 10 is a bar brawl and we just beat each other up and get shitting seeding.

There are ton of programs that put alot into basketball, in the Big 10

I am totally with you on this. The Big 10 is a bar brawl and we just beat each other up and get shitting seeding.

There are ton of programs that put alot into basketball, in the Big 10
I do not want the SEC to become a meat grinder.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I know y’all hate S.C. fans but I think FM has made the program respectable. Long ways to go to ever really be considered a top tier school in the SEC, but the foundation is there. If he can capitalize on the talent this year and next, sign a couple talented kids in S.C. in Phillips and Gortman then the Gamecock may finally make the tourney for a few consecutive years and build some momentum.

I know y’all hate S.C. fans but I think FM has made the program respectable. Long ways to go to ever really be considered a top tier school in the SEC, but the foundation is there. If he can capitalize on the talent this year and next, sign a couple talented kids in S.C. in Phillips and Gortman then the Gamecock may finally make the tourney for a few consecutive years and build some momentum.
I don’t hate them. I thought they made it fun around here a few years ago when they went to the FF, much like the AU fans do now. Wish there was a way to get them back.

I'm pretty sure I could play PG for UK and be more productive than these scrubs. My A/TO ratio would for sure be better. Also, Clarke with 15 points and nobody else with more than 3. 😆 😆 😆

This Wright dude is a beast. Wright and Alvarado are a good duo. Not sure they have much else. Askew is killing them. Definitely need better PG play going forward for UK.

I don't think UK will be as bad as UNC last year. I think Clarke, Sarr, and Boston are a way better group of three than any group of three UNC had.

I don't think UK will be as bad as UNC last year. I think Clarke, Sarr, and Boston are a way better group of three than any group of three UNC had.

I like Clarke and Boston. Sarr is an ok player who was the best player on Wake Forest's team last year. UK does have talent and I believe Cal will get them right.

Been on the Cal is washed train for years. He was incredible for UK, time for someone else to take over.

I like Clarke and Boston. Sarr is an ok player who was the best player on Wake Forest's team last year. UK does have talent and I believe Cal will get them right.
It will require a massive overhaul which will mean benching Askew and moving Clarke to the point, among other things.

It will require a massive overhaul which will mean benching Askew and moving Clarke to the point, among other things.

Clarke
Mintz
Allen
Boston
Jackson

I want to see this lineup. Gives them 3 guys who can shoot and Clarke as the big lead guard. Would be a nightmare defensively but it really can't get any worse. I've seen enough of Askew forever.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Clarke
Mintz
Allen
Boston
Jackson

I want to see this lineup. Gives them 3 guys who can shoot and Clarke as the big lead guard. Would be a nightmare defensively but it really can't get any worse. I've seen enough of Askew forever.
They need Brooks back to give them some kind of consistency.
Clarke
Boston
Brooks
Jackson
Sarr

ADVERTISEMENT