ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron experiment

Nope. That's something I've believed for a long time. And if you google it, you'll see that plenty of biologists do too.

98% of mammals are polygamous. Early human societies were polygamous.

Ever asked yourself "why would fill in the blank cheat on her with her?" Because they're not just looking for an upgrade. They're drawn by natural instincts.
I'm familiar with the idea, but I think it's irrelevant. We're very, very removed from a lot of so-called "natural" instincts, and we have the ability to reason and follow established values and rules.

That we can make the case for non-monogamy is a cop-out when we've consciously chosen monogamy. People don't cheat b/c of nature; they cheat b/c of some other failing.

Nope. That's something I've believed for a long time. And if you google it, you'll see that plenty of biologists do too.

Ever asked yourself "why would fill in the blank cheat on her with her?" Because they're not just looking for an upgrade. They're drawn by natural instincts.

Which is why I don't join in when people relentlessly attack a celeb for having an affair. And I think the ones who don't deserve admiration.

I do view those who constantly cheat as d-bags. But I think it's extremely difficult for someone at his level to not give in to the temptation occasionally. Let's be honest... there are probably far more attractive women than his wife who flirt with him on a daily basis.

If you believe this, then there's no reason to view "those who constantly cheat as d-bags." It's just biology. Maybe they just have really strong biology.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If you believe this, then there's no reason to view "those who constantly cheat as d-bags." It's just biology. Maybe they just have really strong biology.

Yes, there is. Those who do it consistently do it with little or no remorse. Or regard. Those who give in only occasionally are more likely to feel guilt. And they have more self-control and respect for the person they're with.

Which is why I don't join in when people relentlessly attack a celeb for having an affair. And I think the ones who don't deserve admiration.

I do view those who constantly cheat as d-bags. But I think it's extremely difficult for someone at his level to not give in to the temptation occasionally. Let's be honest... there are probably far more attractive women than his wife who flirt with him on a daily basis.

Believe it or not, the most attractive/rich males don't have to physically beat girls off of them with a stick. If you're not going around engaging with girls, then there is almost a 0% chance you will put in a situation where you the temptation. Given your observation of biology, most girls under 300 lbs can get dicked at any time of the day if they choose so they don't need to full court press a guy into bed, even if its a celebrity, they will know there is no end game (wifed up/status/money/etc) for them if they are the aggressor even if it means they could coarse the guy into a 1 night stand. So guys rich, poor, attractive, ugly, and in between, just need to have the self control of not engaging in conversation with a girl they feel they would want to bang. Its really not that hard if you're a self respecting person and are in a committed relationship. Its hard if you don't like the person you are with, in which case you should "man up" and break up/divorce your significant other before cheating.

I'm familiar with the idea, but I think it's irrelevant. We're very, very removed from a lot of so-called "natural" instincts, and we have the ability to reason and follow established values and rules.

That we can make the case for non-monogamy is a cop-out when we've consciously chosen monogamy. People don't cheat b/c of nature; they cheat b/c of some other failing.

I don't believe the average American among the last few generations has an unshakeable set of values or principles. I think only a hopeful idealist would believe that.

Believe it or not, the most attractive/rich males don't have to physically beat girls off of them with a stick. If you're not going around engaging with girls, then there is almost a 0% chance you will put in a situation where you the temptation. Given your observation of biology, most girls under 300 lbs can get dicked at any time of the day if they choose so they don't need to full court press a guy into bed, even if its a celebrity, they will know there is no end game (wifed up/status/money/etc) for them if they are the aggressor even if it means they could coarse the guy into a 1 night stand. So guys rich, poor, attractive, ugly, and in between, just need to have the self control of not engaging in conversation with a girl they feel they would want to bang. Its really not that hard if you're a self respecting person and are in a committed relationship. Its hard if you don't like the person you are with, in which case you should "man up" and break up/divorce your significant other before cheating.

Never seen footage of the Beatles getting into their limo? Or Elvis?

Hell, I saw footage of Eric f'ing Hosmer getting mobbed by a hundred KC girls walking out of a Bieber concert. If you're rich, famous, talented AND attractive, girls will lose their damn minds. Especially the young, immature ones (which also happen to be the ones we'd generally choose for a one night stand).

Obviously I agree about "manning up" and ending a relationship that isn't mutual, but its not usually that simple. If you're not an asshole, you're still going to love and care about the person even if the sexual attraction has waned. I think most of them would rather go the "what they don't know won't hurt them" route than a nasty publicized divorce that will hurt their image.

I don't believe the average American among the last few generations has an unshakeable set of values or principles. I think only a hopeful idealist would believe that.
The standard for most long-term relationships still includes the expectation of monogamy. If that's something you agree to, it's not nature's fault if you fail.

Even after this derail in the thread, I'll still never say "Let's get back to talking about Lebron James". I'd much rather read about monogamy in male mammals.

Me personally, I out kicked my coverage, so I'm not f^cking it up. But that's just me.

Me personally, I out kicked my coverage, so I'm not f^cking it up. But that's just me.

If that’s the case use the Roy Oswalt rule. Buddies of mine used to hang w him when he came back and hung w an old minor league buddy of all theirs. Oswalt’s rule was he only cheated if she was hotter than his woman.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

I agree with this. I'd also it apply the very same thing to being a father and sticking around. Taking care of your family. Choosing to do the acceptable thing bc you know its the right thing to do. You can always blame nature, culture, and other factors...but it comes down to personal failure when you break the standard value and rule. This is the first time Ive seen you put personal accountability as the main priority.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I agree with this. I'd also it apply the very same thing to being a father and sticking around. Taking care of your family. Choosing to do the acceptable thing bc you know its the right thing to do. You can always blame nature, culture, and other factors...but it comes down to personal failure when you break the standard value and rule. This is the first time Ive seen you put personal accountability as the main priority.
You still got me -- among other things -- wrong, I'm afraid. You can't always blame nature, culture, and other factors, but sometimes they are relevant. And when we're talking about or to an individual, personal accountability is always first, as in mine.

Notice also I'm not accusing you of making something "political."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT