ADVERTISEMENT

LaGerald Vick returning to KU

It’s the most strange thing on this board. A regular UK poster comments in this actual thread, compliments Kansas, yet they all run to rafters to see what they’re saying. I will never understand

Well, first off, when a KU story breaks, I like to read every reaction I can find. And you can always bet there will be a several page thread about any given KU story there.

Second, there are a number of your brethren who post their watered down, "rational" takes here, then run over to RR to spew their true opinions. It's hilarious, but true.

Kansas is absolutely stacked. No doubt preseason number one.
3f30815b7fef4eeabdb7f6cac56b2fae.gif

Well, first off, when a KU story breaks, I like to read every reaction I can find. And you can always bet there will be a several page thread about any given KU story there.

Second, there are a number of your brethren who post their watered down, "rational" takes here, then run over to RR to spew their true opinions. It's hilarious, but true.
I’m sure there is. But when a UK fan that posts on here daily is trying to have a discussion, and people are discussing UK fans that don’t post over here, I just get thrown off. I understand why people want to read rafters, maybe I’m just boring

Or people could respond to the actual Kentucky fan that regularly posts on THIS board. But that makes too much sense.

I'd have been happy to post that over there but, y'know, those trigger-happy dorks run that board like Nazi Germany and ban any rival fan who won't kiss their asses.

Last edited:
I'd have been happy to post that over there but, y'know, those trigger-happy dorks run that board like Nazi Germany and ban any rival fan who won't kiss their asses.
That's why bringing anything from over there (all homeboards) to here is odd.

That's why bringing anything from over there (all homeboards) to here is odd.

Cut the cliches. There's nothing odd about it. I can't post over there. And a lot of the same people (whether you'll own it or not) that post here also post there.

Ahh, my bad.

Kansas sucks, Kansas chokes, Kansas is overrated. Have to up my Kentucky fan game.

Obviously you were just being a smartass, but I figure this is a good opportunity to post this..

The other day I went through all tourneys going back to Larry Brown. I was surprised to find that there have only been about 5 big upsets in that 30 year period. Two under Roy (UTEP, Rhode Island) and three under Self (Bucknell, Bradley, N Iowa). Some would add Stanford to that list, but that KU team just wasn't very strong without Embiid. They limped to the tourney. Plus, Stanford had beaten several good teams throughout the year. I don't view that as a huge upset.

UK has missed the tourney altogether 5 times in that span, with a few big chokes. UNC has missed the tourney multiple times and had some chokes. Even Duke (the undeniable best program in that span) has numerous 1st and 2nd round chokes with stacked teams.

If you're in the tourney as a high seed every single year for 30 years (like Duke and KU), you're going to have a decent number of chokes.

Reactions: Hawkquake
Obviously you were just being a smartass, but I figure this is a good opportunity to post this..

The other day I went through all tourneys going back to Larry Brown. I was surprised to find that there have only been about 5 big upsets in that 30 year period. Two under Roy (UTEP, Rhode Island) and three under Self (Bucknell, Bradley, N Iowa). Some would add Stanford to that list, but that KU team just wasn't very strong without Embiid. They limped to the tourney. Plus, Stanford had beaten several good teams throughout the year. I don't view that as a huge upset.

UK has missed the tourney altogether 5 times in that span, with a few big chokes. UNC has missed the tourney multiple times and had some chokes. Even Duke (the undeniable best program in that span) has numerous 1st and 2nd round chokes with stacked teams.

If you're in the tourney as a high seed every single year for 30 years (like Duke and KU), you're going to have a decent number of chokes.

Choking doesn't just happen in the tourney either. Kentucky being a 5-seed with a top 2 recruiting class is another definition of a choke.

Choking doesn't just happen in the tourney either. Kentucky being a 5-seed with a top 2 recruiting class is another definition of a choke.
You forgot to mention they play in the SEC, not everyone can currently pad their win totals in the ACC.

You forgot to mention they play in the SEC, not everyone can currently pad their win totals in the ACC.

Pretty sure UVA is beating teams in the ACC with more recent national championships than any SEC team.

I think some actually believe that it's better to underperform throughout the entire season than to get upset in the final game of the year. And somehow more indicative of poor coaching.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
Truthfully, Kentucky losing to K-State without their best player was worse than KU going down to Northern Iowa.

Kentucky was top 3 preseason and chock full of talent and depth. Why give them a pass for not living up to their own fanbase's (not just the media's) expectations? Let's also not forget that they were getting serious hype at the end of the year.

Reactions: jhmossy
Truthfully, Kentucky losing to K-State without their best player was worse than KU going down to Northern Iowa.

Kentucky was top 3 preseason and chock full of talent and depth. Why give them a pass for not living up to their own fanbase's (not just the media's) expectations? Let's also not forget that they were getting serious hype at the end of the year.

Laughing

I remember some kittens were jumping up and down when UVA lost and then Arizona lost. It went from “the ncaa hates us and always puts us in the hardest bracket” to “final four bound!! cakewalk!!” real quick.

Some will downplay it but he could have a huge senior year if he brings the right attitude. If nothing else, a fairly reliable shooter on a team that is somewhat questionable in that dept.

Best part is that Self has the leverage this time. Playing time will have to be earned.

that is going to go well with him

I know, I know. 1 seed vs 5 seed. But the point is that Kentucky should have been a 1. The talent was there. The expectations were certainly there.

And Northern Iowa was most definitely a better team than K-State without Wade. K-State was lucky to be a 9 seed. Many thought N Iowa should've been a 5 or so.

yea the ban people trolling pretty quick

No, they ban anyone who has the "gall" to argue with them. You're expected to sit there and let them spew vitriol at you and your team but never dish anything back in the slightest way. It's truly pathetic. What's even more pathetic are the rival fans who play ball and kiss @ss to maintain a presence there.

Reactions: Hawkquake
I remember some kittens were jumping up and down when UVA lost and then Arizona lost. It went from “the ncaa hates us and always puts us in the hardest bracket” to “final four bound!! cakewalk!!” real quick.
Rupp Rafters right? Laughing

Rupp Rafters right? Laughing

Serious question:

Which would you expect people to base their generalizations of the Kentucky fanbase upon...the thousands of daily posts on Rafters, or a handful of posters on this board, who often water down their opinions here and then run over there to post their true thoughts anyway? Laughing

He should have a monster year this year and become a household name

Last season was strange for Vick. He went from being proclaimed the best player on the team by many in the early season and preseason to becoming something between the most hated and an afterthought.

Then he finished the season pretty strongly and played a big role in a final four run, yet received no credit.

I expect him to be pretty motivated and put together his best season now that he won't be playing out of position.

Serious question:

Which would you expect people to base their generalizations of the Kentucky fanbase upon...the thousands of daily posts on Rafters, or a handful of posters on this board, who often water down their opinions here and then run over there to post their true thoughts anyway? Laughing

You should call out those posters by name.

This isn't about your generalizations, it's about responding to posts from other boards here. Name the next time someone cherry picks a stupid post from the phog and brings it here. It'd be pretty lame right? Won't happen due to no one cares about any free KU forum.

It's fine if you don't get it. Can't wait until the next post from RR gets to you.

You should call out those posters by name.

This isn't about your generalizations, it's about responding to posts from other boards here. Name the next time someone cherry picks a stupid post from the phog and brings it here. It'd be pretty lame right? Won't happen due to no one cares about any free KU forum.

It's fine if you don't get it. Can't wait until the next post from RR gets to you.

But you guys do get upset when people generalize based on RR, right? You denounce it, even though most of you post there?

And there would be no need to cherry pick posts from the KU board because their mods don't ban every rival fan in sight. See the difference? In fact, they allow far more trash talk/trolling than they should. The trigger-happy lameness of RR mods is the only thing that "gets to me."

But you guys do get upset when people generalize based on RR, right? You denounce it, even though most of you post there?

And there would be no need to cherry pick posts from the KU board because their mods don't ban every rival fan in sight. See the difference? In fact, they allow far more trash talk/trolling than they should. The trigger-happy lameness of RR mods is the only thing that "gets to me."
We still have a year long avatar bet on the UK/KU game this upcoming season don't we?

I won't change it due to Vick coming back.

No, they ban anyone who has the "gall" to argue with them. You're expected to sit there and let them spew vitriol at you and your team but never dish anything back in the slightest way. It's truly pathetic. What's even more pathetic are the rival fans who play ball and kiss @ss to maintain a presence there.
do you honestly think the KU board would allow a rival fan to "dish out vitriol"
no rival board is going to allow a visitor to trash the school, players, coach or posters
you fit into that sad pathetic group that trolls, gets banned and then cries about
nothing like blaming others for your actions

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
no rival board is going to allow a visitor to trash the school, players, coach or posters

You assume that because your experience is with Rupp Rafters. Sorry, t'aint true.

Rival fans routinely get away with things on Phog that would lead to an instant ban without warning on Rafters. I've never seen another board like it.

Another reason you don't see nearly as many bans on other boards is that no other board is as venomous toward well-meaning posters. Not even close. Just a weird, angry batch of porch-pissers.

A culture where rival fans are expected to never react as they're being sh*t on relentlessly is pathetic. But let the porch-pissers have their little circle jerk.

Last edited:

Grow up.

Reactions: KisteK
yea the ban people trolling pretty quick
I love how many middle aged men over there can’t wait to tell on other posters for something they don’t like. That’s gotta be one of the best things on that board.

You assume that because your experience is with Rupp Rafters. Sorry, t'aint true.

And no other board is as venomous toward well-meaning posters. Not even close. Just a weird, angry batch of porch-pissers.

Rival fans routinely get away with things on Phog that would lead to an instant ban without warning on Rafters. I've never seen another board like that.

A culture where rival fans are expected to never respond as they're being sh*t on relentlessly is pathetic. But let the porch-pissers have their little circle jerk.

post some links on that statement, otherwise i will not only consider you a whiner but also a liar
i have been on many boards, none of them allow venomous trolling

ADVERTISEMENT