ADVERTISEMENT

KU, Zona, Louisville, etc. info from Bowen Sr.

It makes your heart happy that you can't get over UNC?

I have no issues with UK. Great program. I'm not bringing up arbitrary things about you guys out of the blue. That is you, brother.

What? No? I don’t care about UNC at all, no threat. Holler at Duke fans or something.

We all can pick a time frame to make a point. Personally I don’t see any schools getting wacked but the NCAA as a organization will need a makeover.

Wow. You Are right. I should go back about 30 years when it comes to UNC.

Edit: NCAA needs to be ran over with a dump truck.

Meh, no, not really. A parent is getting paid to send his kid to A school. Not a SPECIFIC school. I mean sure, rules wise., its diferent. But definition wise....not so much.

Yes, definition. You can’t receive money for the sport you play.

Shocking.... turning a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with UNC into a UNC thread.

Because Bowen Sr. said under oath that the money would come from Adidas and he never talked to anyone at Louisville about getting paid for his son to come there when at other places alleged assistants and people within the programs offered money....our situation is just like KU. Apparently KJ and Fair paid $1300 and $900 to people but that hasn't been asked to Bowen Sr. yet or anyone yet. Bowen to Dawkins convo showed that Dawkins said he could get Adidas to pay 60-80k, 100k for him to go to Louisville and BP to go to KU..

Plus other schools are involved so idrc anymore. And Im sure more things and maybe more schools will come out later.

Because Bowen Sr. said under oath that the money would come from Adidas and he never talked to anyone at Louisville about getting paid for his son to come there when at other places alleged assistants and people within the programs offered money....our situation is just like KU. Apparently KJ and Fair paid $1300 and $900 to people but that hasn't been asked to Bowen Sr. yet or anyone yet. Bowen to Dawkins convo showed that Dawkins said he could get Adidas to pay 60-80k, 100k for him to go to Louisville and BP to go to KU..

Plus other schools are involved so idrc anymore. And Im sure more things and maybe more schools will come out later.

Um UofL assistants are on tape talking about money to Bowen. This doesn’t clear UofL or anything....

16051e1f-7218-4371-8258-4aac7fc847a8_text.gif

how?
ul has two assistant coaches named
please do not give me they no longer work for ul argument
that does not matter

Um UofL assistants are on tape talking about money to Bowen. This doesn’t clear UofL or anything....

16051e1f-7218-4371-8258-4aac7fc847a8_text.gif

Never said it cleared anybody. Get your facts straight. $1300 and $900 is way better than $100,000 you clowns have laughed at for months. On top of that, everything that was said was all allegeded. Didn’t show proof for any claim of the FBI’s or Bowen Sr’s. You saying they were on tape with the $1300 and $900 is not true. Both were interviewed by the FBI. It didn’t say how they found out. They also didn’t ask anything about it the receiver of that money while he was testifying, Bowen Sr. It was said once when compliance director was at the witness stand then over, for now.

It’s funny how rivals and haters make things bigger than it is, acting as if UofL is the only culprit here. So far, we’re the only one’s who directly paid less than everyone else and no one still knows what that money was for.

Never said it cleared anybody. Get your facts straight. $1300 and $900 is way better than $100,000 you clowns have laughed at for months. On top of that, everything that was said was all allegeded. Didn’t show proof for any claim of the FBI’s or Bowen Sr’s. You saying they were on tape with the $1300 and $900 is not true. Both were interviewed by the FBI. It didn’t say how they found out. They also didn’t ask anything about it the receiver of that money while he was testifying, Bowen Sr. It was said once when compliance director was at the witness stand then over, for now.

It’s funny how rivals and haters make things bigger than it is, acting as if UofL is the only culprit here. So far, we’re the only one’s who directly paid less than everyone else and no one still knows what that money was for.

I honestly haven't been following everything but don't say UofL's situation is the same as KU when KU hasn't fired their AD or Bill Self.

how?
ul has two assistant coaches named
please do not give me they no longer work for ul argument
that does not matter

They no longer work for UofL and were all fired immediately. There, I said it. I forgot I was talking to the NCAA Chief here as if you know what matters and what doesn’t.

Wishful thinking. Man you guys want all these schools to be punished so bad when more things could easily come out next tuesday. Who knows what is going to happen. Im sure the ncaa is scrambling ideas right now about what to do. There is one thing that I do know and it is that you have no idea what you’re talking about in regards to anything that they will do to everyone. You also don’t know what could come out next.

I honestly haven't been following everything but don't say UofL's situation is the same as KU when KU hasn't fired their AD or Bill Self.

UofL’s AD and Coach were fired because A. They jumped the gun and thought it was Rick based on the first set implications, which yesterday we found out the 100k was all Dawkins and Adidas (allegedly) and B. That is the 2nd/3rd scandal under one HC. It doesn’t matter if he knew or not. Has to go. If this was the first time I guarantee you with 100% certainty they both would not have been fired and yes it would be like KU and Arizona. They weren’t fired because of this only. They were fired for multiple things. The AD was fired because he wouldn’t fire Pitino.

If you need more info just ask the University of Tom Jurich/Rick Pitino fan @zipp. He’s still hurting.

Reactions: UL_1986
Kansas paying for recruits, shocker

So far no link of Self or an assistant to any involvement in these recruits like other schools have. Preston never played a second for KU and everything so far appears that was all between ADIDAS and Preston's parents. Shit even the De Sousa thing was a deal for 20k for De Sousa's guardian to get out from under a deal he had already previously made with Under Armour. I'm sure Self turns a blind eye to the majority of this crap in order for the school and himself to claim plausible deniability. We'll see what else comes forward next week but so far the facts and evidence point to KU staff having no involvement with this.

Who was the KU player that got into the car accident then held out for undisclosed reasons?

HRT is living proof that Denial just ain't a river in Egypt....
You provided such a solid rebuttal to his statements..Laughing
That quip is so old and unfunny, the last time it was used was a shitty teen flick in the early 2000s. “The new guy”. Yikes.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Cam Newton had a tell all book how to beat the corrupt NCAA. I agree with him, deny, lie, deny and lie! F$#ck the NCAA

Reactions: UL_1986
Who was selling him? His dad. Just as I was explaining the Cam/ Cecil Newton situation to the other poster. They claimed Cam wasn't paid and was unaware. The NCAA closed that loophole. Unfortunately, they let cheaters prosper and then they rewrite the rulebook, as I'm sure you're aware.

Again, that isn't the issue I was referencing though. I don't care if he was unaware or not. I think they can make the case the NCAA couldn't punish him too much for taking a little bit of money to have his boy go to x high-school.

What is awesome is yet another UK fan who can't get over UNC. Is is that hard to simply try to display some expressive thought without bringing up the Heels?

This was in the mid 90's, but it was found out by another coach from a different school that I had played in a bunch of weekend golf tournaments that offered a couple hundred dollars to the winners. That coach filed a claim against me to see if I was still an amateur because of this. At first, my dad was going to say that anytime I won money, he was the one who collected it. However, we later found out that it would have affected my eligibility if he had said he collected it. I was told that if it was ruled against me that chances are I wouldn't have been able to play golf in college.

Fortunately, the golf course I played at didn't keep records of who won each weekend, so there was nothing that could be proved. All of this was under a thousand dollars, and it was made into a huge deal. I couldn't imagine how big of a deal it would have been for these types of money!

Was probably the perfect accident for KU. How much KU knew before hand no one knows right now, but it allowed KU to find out that the NCAA was investigating Preston. I guess the NCAA was placed on a gag order by the FBI over anything involving this trial. That's why no details ever came out on why the NCAA was taking so long to investigate Preston and to clear him. They were told by the FBI to hold off on anything until after the trials.

Now we will see what happens with De Sousa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT