ADVERTISEMENT

KU, Zona, Louisville, etc. info from Bowen Sr.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville

Read this entire thread. Near the end it said that Adidas offered 60-80k for Brian to attend Louisville but then upped it to 100k because that’s how much they offered Billy Preston to attend KU.

Arizona asst offered 50k for Bowen
Creighton offered 100k
and many more schools

Probably not a good idea to recruit Keion Brooks, Isaiah Stewart, etc. anymore. All attend La Lumiere

Has La Lumiere had other questionable recruits outside of Bowen? Jaren Jackson maybe? I honestly haven't heard of any others.

Tyger Campbell maybe? He had close connections with that same coach who is now at DePaul.

Ehh I doubt JJJ would be involved. Comes from a pretty financially secure family (dad played NBA for 12 years, mom was head of compliance for NCAA)

Yeah wouldn't think JJJ because of his mother, but the NCAA is crooked enough that the head compliance would accept cash haha.

Idk, I just know Keion Brooks randomly transferred there this summer.

No he didn’t just randomly transfer there. Issues with high school coach that was then fired and the family didn’t like the replacement being hired over his father.

Wasn’t random at all. Petty maybe but not random

Why would it really matter if a parent was being paid to have his kid attend HS somewhere anyway?

Reactions: Montana81
Not sure if serious?

I mean, he isn't getting paid to send him to a certain college. He is getting paid to send him to a HS. As long as his grades are in order and he graduates he would meet the requirements for college eligibility so why would the NCAA have any say in why he went to a particular high-school. That would seem like an issue of high-school eligibility.

I mean, he isn't getting paid to send him to a certain college. He is getting paid to send him to a HS. As long as his grades are in order and he graduates he would meet the requirements for college eligibility so why would the NCAA have any say in why he went to a particular high-school. That would seem like an issue of high-school eligibility.

Because he wouldn’t be an amateur? It’s pretty cut and dry. So if he(his father, family, whatever) got paid to go to a high school, that high school coach could have a relationship with other money givers and boom, he’s at a college getting paid again.

You weren’t serious were you?

Because he wouldn’t be an amateur? It’s pretty cut and dry. So if he(his father, family, whatever) got paid to go to a high school, that high school coach could have a relationship with other money givers and boom, he’s at a college getting paid again.

You weren’t serious were you?

His father getting paid to send him HS wouldn't make him 'not an amateur'. We aren't talking him being at a college getting paid again or about him getting paid. We are talking only about a parent getting a couple thousand dollars to send his kid to a specific high-school. I would think a lawyer would have a pretty good case against the NCAA.

His father getting paid to send him HS wouldn't make him 'not an amateur'. We aren't talking him being at a college getting paid again or about him getting paid. We are talking only about a parent getting a couple thousand dollars to send his kid to a specific high-school, not the family even getting paid for him to play a semi-pro sport. I would think a lawyer would have a pretty good case against the NCAA.

Umm, yes it would not make him an amateur. I know UNC doesn’t know NCAA regulations and what not but you can’t pay a kid or his family to go anywhere because of the sport he plays.

His father getting paid to send him HS wouldn't make him 'not an amateur'. We aren't talking him being at a college getting paid again or about him getting paid. We are talking only about a parent getting a couple thousand dollars to send his kid to a specific high-school. I would think a lawyer would have a pretty good case against the NCAA.
IMO, no different than a parent geting paid by Nike, to send their kid to a Nike school.

Umm, yes it would not make him an amateur. I know UNC doesn’t know NCAA regulations and what not but you can’t pay a kid or his family to go anywhere because of the sport he plays.

Lol, some of you guys just won't ever get over us. Makes my heart happy.

Reactions: UL_1986
How so? If Nike pays Player "A's" dad a certain amount of money, with the understanding he atends a Nike, sponsored school, said kid is still eligible. What would be the difference in a HS doing so? I mean I'm no lawyer, but my first argument would be---"Tuition reimbursement".:D

I'm not its ethical. I just don't see how it affects a kids eligibility.

To a Nike college? It is a lot different.
Meh, no, not really. A parent is getting paid to send his kid to A school. Not a SPECIFIC school. I mean sure, rules wise., its diferent. But definition wise....not so much.

A fan of a school can’t give an athlete tickets to a game without knowing them before their status. I would think a father getting paid for their kid to go to a certain HS would be a violation. Otherwise, how would it be any different for that same father getting paid for their kid to go to a college.

How so? If Nike pays Player "A's" dad a certain amount of money, with the understanding he atends a Nike, sponsored school, said kid is still eligible. What would be the difference in a HS doing so? I mean I'm no lawyer, but my first argument would be---"Tuition reimbursement".:D

No it doesn’t. Rules changed buddy.

A fan of a school can’t give an athlete tickets to a game without knowing them before their status. I would think a father getting paid for their kid to go to a certain HS would be a violation. Otherwise, how would it be any different for that same father getting paid for their kid to go to a college.

Exactly. It would open a can of worms so big that it would never change.

Edit: remember when cream cheese for a bagel was considered a benefit? Yeah, paying high school kids is no benefit. Jesus. What goes on in people’s head that think that would be okay?

@coryfly

Reactions: Cat_Incognito

Like UK knows. Don’t do that to yourself. One can argue if the kid didn’t know then that’s something that can be argued I think.

Me too. My program is straight and way better than yours. You need to get over that.

Oh yeah, also without decades of cheating.
Soooooo, you were around in the 40's and 50's? Lets not forget the 80's as well. Just because UK's cheating isn't current...doesn't mean it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Because said kid isn’t eligible? Do I have to spell this out for you people? Type slower?

A simple, "rules changed" would have sufficed. And still, my argument of tuition reimbursement is my lead.....Winking

My bad mane. Hehe

Like UK knows. Don’t do that to yourself. One can argue if the kid didn’t know then that’s something that can be argued I think.

Yeah, UK has been the topic of multiple scandals over the last decade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT