ADVERTISEMENT

KU Being Investigated by NCAA

Kansas is as dirty as they come. KU basketball has some issue with the NCAA every year.
"Serious issues" such as? Serious would imply forfeited games and/or postseason ban.

I'll fully admit that KU has taken questionable players for several years. However I'll believe "serious issues" when I see them. A coach saying "we need to get some dudes" and an assistant saying "we'll do what it takes" (re Zion) hardly sticks. And if you think any of the big boys aren't playing the same game you're kidding yourself.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Same shit, different day.
Through the intel I’m gathering, one of the things they’re worried about with Kansas is the FBI thing. What’s going to happen? There’s a chance Bill Self is going to be subpoenaed and testifying,” Meyer said. “Who knows where this stuff could go? They even said in court that Self was involved with a money transaction with Billy Preston.”

The basketball portion of the article is the same as it was for the last 4 or 5 months. That hasn’t changed with the exception of KU’s football team now thrown in the mix. It’s really not a shock that Self will more than likely be subpoenaed in the near future seeing as this whole deal has played out. If the wire taps truly show Self was involved in a money transaction, then either fire him or put more heat on him to resign on his own. I have no problem with it. If this wire tap is vague and you have to try decoding what you think was discussed, good luck on making it stick. If all of this is true and the NCAA has what they are looking for, fire Self and hand down whatever sanctions necessary. It’s time for the NCAA to sh*t or get off the pot. Either hand down the punishment(s) now or drop the whole thing altogether.

Yes...a short way of saying KU basketball was already being investigated, and now they’re also investigating a football assistant. In other words, click bait.

Did you even read it?

I mean, I know that someone who follows this board and/or Rafters already knew that the b-ball program was under investigation. Or do you honestly think they’re referring to something new?
Man, you're really upset over this thing.

Need a hug?

Reactions: kl40504
My most sincere apologies for not making this thread. I also apologize for not relaying to the board when it was announced Vick wasn’t returning.

I’m anxiously awaiting for the real reason Vick left so abruptly. I’m not buying the personal reasons angle The Rug Doctor has given.

Good day.

My most sincere apologies for not making this thread. I also apologize for not relaying to the board when it was announced Vick wasn’t returning.

I’m anxiously awaiting for the real reason Vick left so abruptly. I’m not buying the personal reasons angle The Rug Doctor has given.

Good day.
I'd like to know myself. Not much has been said, which is odd----esp b/c he isn't expected back. Usually people that know something will hold onto it so it doesn't hurt his chances to return to the court, but in this case it doesn't matter. I do know he has a 6 yr old daughter that lives back home and I'm guessing it has something to do with that or drama around that situation.

I'd like to know myself. Not much has been said, which is odd----esp b/c he isn't expected back. Usually people that know something will hold onto it so it doesn't hurt his chances to return to the court, but in this case it doesn't matter. I do know he has a 6 yr old daughter that lives back home and I'm guessing it has something to do with that or drama around that situation.

I think that Self had enough and booted him. When his mom was supposedly approached by a friend, all she had to say was "It's so hard to keep him motivated." He was invited back under specific conditions and he probably blew it.

There's also a rumor that she and Bill got into it after the game in Manhattan, and that she made some threats/demands and Bill called her bluff.

Probably a little of column A and a little of column B.

Reactions: toonces11
I have no idea what’s going on at KU and I don’t care. I have seen enough fake news to know to ignore this until the NCAA does something and even then I won’t care.

I have no idea what’s going on at KU and I don’t care. I have seen enough fake news to know to ignore this until the NCAA does something and even then I won’t care.

Yup, a lot of people are quick to accuse. The smart play is to let everything play out.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Lol. They better not have cheated in football
You’d be surprised. I knew a guy who played at KSU under Wooldridge who took some money.

You don’t have to be a winning program to cheat. You pretty much just have to have a program. Whether you get caught depends largely on luck and bad choices, like going with Adidas instead of NIKE.

Self shoots down the NCAA and NBA garbage and throws out this bone “I want to add something else, too. I said years ago that I didn’t know if I wanted to coach forever. But this past year has motivated me to remain in this business for a long time. I want it on record that I want to coach for a long time.”

Believe this was a smoke screen created by the AD to get out of paying former head coach beatty his full 3 mil left on his contract. Not saying that we have issues with the NCAA, but this has nothing to do with the mens bb program

Good day.
Rumor mill is he likes the ganja and that was a stipulation to him being on the team. failed a test so they booted him.

Nothing like knocking a girl up when you're 14 or 15. :eek:

Same shit, different day.
Don't cheat.......I mean don't get caught.

Sincerely,
Alabama football and Duke basketball

If we get caught and there is evidence showing the allegations are true then there is nothing to defend. Hand down whatever sanctions so KU can figure out what direction to go next. If KU is found guilty, it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT