ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Legend is not a fan of Calipari

Cal is the coach and I trust him. No other coach since Rupp has accomplished what he has done.
Pitino was better and I cant stand his slimy New York ass. His best teams would blow Cal’s teams off the court, except for the Anthony Davis one. UK is about Nattys and really that is the main goal for any team worth anything. Nba draft picks, who cares! Glad I am not a UK fan for sure. I would be throwing eggs at Cal, esp after all those recruiting wins. He really hasnt done much.

Pitino was better and I cant stand his slimy New York ass. His best teams would blow Cal’s teams off the court, except for the Anthony Davis one. UK is about Nattys and really that is the main goal for any team worth anything. Nba draft picks, who cares! Glad I am not a UK fan for sure. I would be throwing eggs at Cal, esp after all those recruiting wins. He really hasnt done much.
Post from a jealous fan. Tell us who you are a fan of and let's compare records the last ten years since Cal has been at UK. Love to hear your reply.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Pitino was at Louisville 16 years and 0 championships. Cal beat the pants off Pitino 80% of the time and twice in the NCAA tournament when it really counted. Pitino started cheating trying to beat Cal and ended up leaving Louisville on probation and in shame.

Reactions: JC for 3
He's not talking about that. I just think it rubs a guy wrong, like Macy, when he feels all the hard work that not only he put in, but those before him did, to help build the tradition of Kentucky Basketball, is being put on the back burner. I don't think Macy is questioning the way Cal recruits. Nor has an issue with it. He understands how the game is. I just think he feels Kentucky's tradition should be the focal point---Not the NBA draft.

IU has a lot of fans that think the same way Macy does
how is that working out for IU

UK's tradition has not been hurt in the least little bit under Cal (as a-matter-of-fact he has built on it)
we still have the largest fanbase
our fans still travel better then any other school
our fans are just as obsessed with MBB as we have always been
so please tell me how UK's tradition has been hurt in the least little bit

i would also like to add to the fact that Cal has invited more exUK players back than any coach in my lifetime

bottom line Macy is still living in 1978 and thinks players should stay 4 years, 3 minimum
that is his main crying point

Last edited:
Reactions: kl40504
Pitino was at Louisville 16 years and 0 championships. Cal beat the pants off Pitino 80% of the time and twice in the NCAA tournament when it really counted. Pitino started cheating trying to beat Cal and ended up leaving Louisville on probation and in shame.
You need Pitino's coaching acumen to be combined with Cal's recruiting and personality. I infinitely preferred watching Pitino's teams to Cal's.

That being said, who flipping cares about any of this. Football is mere weeks away finallym

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Post from a jealous fan. Tell us who you are a fan of and let's compare records the last ten years since Cal has been at UK. Love to hear your reply.
Like that has anything to do with what I said. Cal sucks at coaching. That was my point. And I can understand Macy not liking what he is doing. Hes saying that Cal is placing more importance in draft night then championships. And he would be right. His draft picks are way more impressive then on-court success and banners hung.

Like that has anything to do with what I said. Cal sucks at coaching. That was my point. And I can understand Macy not liking what he is doing. Hes saying that Cal is placing more importance in draft night then championships. And he would be right. His draft picks are way more impressive then on-court success and banners hung.
Can't answer that can you. Just very upset that Cal has the most final fours and wins in college basketball the last 10 years. Eat your heart out.

Can't answer that can you. Just very upset that Cal has the most final fours and wins in college basketball the last 10 years. Eat your heart out.
He is still a hugely underachieving coach who is also pretty damn unlikeable human being. Perfect fit for the toothless UK fanbase that know nothing else. Lol

He is still a hugely underachieving coach who is also pretty damn unlikeable human being. Perfect fit for the toothless UK fanbase that know nothing else. Lol
I guess when you have no intelligent response you resort to calling names and bashing people you don't know. Nice look.

It's crazy the Hall of Fame just lets anyone in.

It's crazy the Hall of Fame just lets anyone in.
It’s crazy that the two best Kentucky of yours and my lifetime have combined to have 1 title, 1 runner up and 4 Final Fours struck from their overall career record. That combines for even more than Bill Self has accomplished legitimately.

It’s really crazy what people associated with Kentucky will put up with for basketball success. Hats off to their dedication to winning.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It’s crazy that the two best Kentucky of yours and my lifetime have combined to have 1 title, 1 runner up and 4 Final Fours struck from their overall career record. That combines for even more than Bill Self has accomplished legitimately.

on the bright side of things
none have been while they are/were at UK:D

It’s really crazy what people associated with Kentucky will put up with for basketball success. Hats off to their dedication to winning.
In my life time Kentucky has won 8 titles and a boatload of final fours. That is the same number of titles of Duke and Kansas combined! SmokinSmile

That is cutting it close. One year earlier and it would be UK 2 to KU's 1.
Cut-off dates are the best. 'fall of '98 was coming off a 3 title games in a row,(winning two).

There is so much fun to be had with selective time eras. That's why all time seems to be the most consistent, aka your time era. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT