ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas-WVU 35-2 free throw game is on ESPNU right now...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I might have to rewatch the glorious ending just to prove a point.

Also, I think there was a bit of Hack a Dok involved.

I might have to rewatch the glorious ending just to prove a point.

Also, I think there was a bit of Hack a Dok involved.

Huggs got T'd up twice and ejected at the end, but we weren't intentionally fouling. It was a 2 point game and our ball with like 20 seconds to go. Miles (who had been on fire all day) passed up a wide open 3 and threw the ball away.

Kansas got away with one of their many obvious fouls, Huggs erupted and got tossed.

I think the free throws were 29-2 before Huggs got the T's.

Higgins was supposed to ref a Big Monday game in Morgantown 2 days later, but the Big 12 pulled him off the crew. That's how bad it was.

Last edited:
Huggs got T'd up twice and ejected at the end, but we weren't intentionally fouling. It was a 2 point game and our ball with like 20 seconds to go. Miles (who had been on fire all day) passed up a wide open 3 and threw the ball away.

Kansas got away with one of their many obvious fouls, Huggs erupted and got tossed.

I think the free throws were 29-2 before Huggs got the T's.

Higgins was supposed to ref a Big Monday game in Morgantown 2 days later, but the Big 12 pulled him off the crew. That's how bad it was.

You mean "that's how pissed WV fans were."

I watched the end. Two intentional fouls.

You mean "that's how pissed WV fans were."

I watched the end. Two intentional fouls.

Well, that too.

It's all good. We'll hang around 100 on you in football this year, and then go for our shot at revenge on the hardwood after that.

Well, that too.

It's all good. We'll hang around 100 on you in football this year, and then go for our shot at revenge on the hardwood after that.

Good thing I don't watch CFB. I'll be watching Mahomes light up NFL defenses like he lit up WV's.

Good thing I don't watch CFB. I'll be watching Mahomes light up NFL defenses like he lit up WV's.

You weren't lying, you dont watch college football. WVU shut that kid down every time they played them.

I doubt he'll be a good NFL QB. Should've kept Alex Smith.

Last edited:
You weren't lying, you dont watch college football. WVU shut that kid down every time they played them.

I doubt he'll be a good NFL QB. Should've kept Alex Smith.

Ha. Didn't even bother to look. Yeah, he had one of his worst games vs West Virginia.

You can't be serious about Smith. The entire NFL is pumped for Mahomes. In his one rookie start, he carved up Denver's vaunted D with a bunch of scrubs (starters were rested).

Now he'll be surrounded by the kid who won the rushing title, the 2nd best tight end in the league, arguably the best deep threat in the league and Sammy Watkins.

Even his goofy, mild-mannered ass is getting cocky.

Ha. Didn't even bother to look. Yeah, he had one of his worst games vs West Virginia.

You can't be serious about Smith. The entire NFL is pumped for Mahomes. In his one rookie start, he carved up Denver's vaunted D with a bunch of scrubs (starters were rested).

Now he'll be surrounded by the kid who won the rushing title, the 2nd best tight end in the league, arguably the best deep threat in the league and Sammy Watkins.

I really hope everything clicks, they have potential to be deadly on offense. They opened up the offense a bit last year and should be chucking it all over the place this year

Reactions: KisteK

Smith was a pro bowler and took chiefs to playoffs 3 straight years. That doesn't happen very often in Kansas City.

Well see how it goes with mahomes.

Reactions: KUNorm
Smith was a pro bowler and took chiefs to playoffs 3 straight years. That doesn't happen very often in Kansas City.

The Chiefs have made the playoffs plenty of times over the years. What they don't do is win in the playoffs. Smith didn't either.

There's a reason that Chiefs fans were depressed when Alex Smith arrived but are more excited for the future than ever before.

Reactions: KisteK

Playoffs 3 straight years doesn't happen very often for any team unless you're talking about the Steelers and Patriots.

KC fans have seen quite a few regular season wins in the last 30 years. It's time for someone who can do more than that.

I like Alex Smith and he just had easily his best season, but Mahomes's talent is clearly on a different level. Debating between the two will seem laughable in a couple years.

The Chiefs have made the playoffs plenty of times over the years. What they don't do is win in the playoffs. Smith didn't either.

There's a reason that Chiefs fans were depressed when Alex Smith arrived but are more excited for the future than ever before.

Smith took them to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, and he went to 3 pro bowls. Before that, the Chiefs had been to the playoffs only 3 times in like a 15 or 16 year span.

Mahomes has arm talent, but hes not a winner. Just another Air Raid system QB that will probably flop in the NFL. I think Baker Mayfield will be a bust too.

WVU's Will Grier is a favorite to win the Heisman and probably gonna be the first QB drafted next year. Hopefully he breaks the curse of the Air Raid QB's.

Smith took them to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, and he went to 3 pro bowls. Before that, the Chiefs had been to the playoffs only 3 times in like a 15 or 16 year span.

Mahomes has arm talent, but hes not a winner. Just another Air Raid system QB that will probably flop in the NFL. I think Baker Mayfield will be a bust too.

WVU's Will Grier is a favorite to win the Heisman and probably gonna be the first QB drafted next year. Hopefully he breaks the curse of the Air Raid QB's.

I assume you're playing devil's advocate and you don't actually believe this.

Mahomes was 0-2 vs West Virginia

Thought it was clear that I threw that in as a joke, but record is not something that should be factored in when he had one of the worst defenses in NCAA history. He lost a game in which he produced 800 yds and 7 TDs, for f***'s sake.

I assume you're playing devil's advocate and you don't actually believe this.

Which part should i not believe? Everything i posted was facts.

Before Smith came in 2013, the Chiefs made the playoffs in 2010, 2006 and 2003. 1997 before that.

QB's from those air raid systems in college always suck in the nfl... including a wvu guy geno smith.

And Grier is a heisman favorite and expected to be the 1st qb taken in 2019 draft.

Thought it was clear that I threw that in as a joke, but record is not something that should be factored in when he had one of the worst defenses in NCAA history. He lost a game in which he produced 800 yds and 7 TDs, for f***'s sake.

Wvu actually held him under 200 yards and forced a couple ints against him, and our D has been terrible since we joined the B12. Guess thats why i was never very impressed with him.

Which part should i not believe? Everything i posted was facts.

Before Smith came in 2013, the Chiefs made the playoffs in 2010, 2006 and 2003. 1997 before that.

QB's from those air raid systems in college always suck in the nfl... including a wvu guy geno smith.

And Grier is a heisman favorite and expected to be the 1st qb taken in 2019 draft.

So...because the Chiefs weren't regularly making the playoffs in the decade before Alex Smith, fans should be happy with never winning in the postseason? And the team should stick with an average QB who is about to retire in a few years over a possible superstar?

Trust me, Chiefs fans aren't impressed by a one and done playoff appearance. They saw it all throughout the 90s.

No one who has followed Mahomes would say he is just another system QB. He can do things that few QBs in history could do. And everyone is raving about what he's doing. That doesn't guarantee him a place in the HOF, but he's obviously a unique talent with all the potential in the world.

BTW, let's not forget that Alex Smith's first year with the Chiefs was also Andy Reid's. Andy Reid has done nothing but win throughout his whole career, while Alex Smith did nothing but lose until hooking up with a couple great coaches. I think about anyone would agree that Andy Reid's had more to do with the Chiefs' turnaround than Smith.

No one who has followed Mahomes would say he is just another system QB. He can do things that few QBs in history could do. And everyone is raving about what he's doing. That doesn't guarantee him a place in the HOF, but he's obviously a unique talent with all the potential in the world.

RollLaugh

Yeah, QBs who can throw 80 yds, or accurately lob it 50 yds off their back foot grow on trees don't they?

He clearly has a unique combination of arm strength, vision, accuracy, versatility and confidence. And learns quickly.

Get your laughs in while you can.

Yeah, QBs who can throw 80 yds, or accurately lob it 50 yds off their back foot grow on trees don't they?

He clearly has a unique combination of arm strength, vision, accuracy, versatility and confidence. And learns quickly.

Get your laughs in while you can.

Do you think you might be a bit biased in how good you think Mahomes will be?

Do you think you might be a bit biased in how good you think Mahomes will be?

Everyone's biased (y'know, like when you thought Michigan actually had a chance to win the national championship).

But I'm pretty sure that the GMs, coaches, broadcasters and analysts that have heaped praise on Mahomes aren't all closet Chiefs fans.

Everyone's biased (y'know, like when you thought Michigan actually had a chance to win the national championship).

But I'm pretty sure that the GMs, coaches, broadcasters and analysts that have heaped praise on Mahomes aren't all closet Chiefs fans.

So yes you are biased on Mahomes?

So yes you are biased on Mahomes?

Yes. I'm a Chiefs fan. I would think a Michigan superhomer would understand that being a fan does involve bias.

Bias doesn't inherently make one wrong. And I haven't said anything that hasn't been said by many analysts who are unbiased. You seem to miss that point.

I don’t think you understand styles of play that lead to more fouls and shooting jump shots all game
Haha, you must have got that one from all of the tarheels. I heard that under Herb, Sidney, and then Gottfried, and now Keatts. You blue bloods don't fall far from the same blue tree.

Reactions: doogie503
ADVERTISEMENT