ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer over Tommy Amaker..

This is the battle we've waited our entire lives to witness
Not a battle. I just like to ask questions about motivations and the why's of a situation to see where the persons thoughts are coming from. AU's are obviously coming out of his ass.

Oh just go dribble out of bounds before you get your three second violation.

452c8l.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not a battle. I just like to ask questions about motivations and the why's of a situation to see where the persons thoughts are coming from. AU's are obviously coming out of his ass.
LOL no you are just clueless

LOL no you are just clueless
As you are. All you have are your opinions. I dont pretend to know the motivation of people I have never met on decisions they make in their lives. And neither do you.

You have no idea how, what or why Duke decided on their coach. Neither do I. Just admit it.

Do you feel there was any racial motivation in Scheyer over Amaker? Amaker just seemed more qualified, IDK. I’d have been interested to see what he could do having some HC experience, to see if Duke and his hiring would be symbiotic.

Do you feel there was any racial motivation in Scheyer over Amaker? Amaker just seemed more qualified, IDK. I’d have been interested to see what he could do having some HC experience, to see if Duke and his hiring would be symbiotic.
So back to this now that was straighten up.

Not at all. What, Coach K doesn’t want a black guy as a coach? A guy who has spent forty years guiding young black men… who has had tons of black coaches, including his top assistant for like half his career… and a guy who seems pretty in touch with the current state of race in America? At a school which is, lets be frank, incredibly PC? No, there is not only zero evidence of race playing any part, Id say there is actually forty years of proof that race DIDNT play a part.

Is anyone really thinking this is a race thing? There is no way anyone legit believes that.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not at all. What, Coach K doesn’t want a black guy as a coach? A guy who has spent forty years guiding young black men… who has had tons of black coaches, including his top assistant… and a guy who seems pretty in touch with the current state of race in America? At a school which is, lets be frank, incredibly PC? No, there is not only zero evidence of race playing any part, Id say there is actually forty years of proof that race DIDNT play a part.

Is anyone really thinking this is a race thing? There is no way anyone legit believes that.
Duke should hire an AA woman. amirite @Biden?

Not at all. What, Coach K doesn’t want a black guy as a coach? A guy who has spent forty years guiding young black men… who has had tons of black coaches, including his top assistant for like half his career… and a guy who seems pretty in touch with the current state of race in America? At a school which is, lets be frank, incredibly PC? No, there is not only zero evidence of race playing any part, Id say there is actually forty years of proof that race DIDNT play a part.

Exactly.

Either coach scares absolutely no one. Duke made a terrible decision but as a Kentucky fan, I absolutely approve of the hire. Going to be nice watching Duke go the way of Indiana.

Between your suggestions and Lurker's suggestions, I'm starting to doubt how sincerely you two care about Duke's future success.
K was a pretty decent coach so I'd like to see Duke take it down a notch. Nothing personal, just sports.

With that said, this is a story.

HIring Scheyer was dumb for the same reason hiring Hubert was dumb. That doesn't mean it won't work out but it was a bad way to do business regardless.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
HIring Scheyer was dumb for the same reason hiring Hubert was dumb. That doesn't mean it won't work out but it was a bad way to do business regardless.
And what Uconn did with Calhoun and Ollie (although Uconn did win a lucky title)

Power coaches like K, Roy & Calhoun-that's what they do...

K's handing Scheyer a better recruiting class than Roy gave Hubert.

No doubt. UNC's lineup is kind of a mess. But that doesn't change the point regarding hiring someone with no experience. Even if it works out long terms it is silly. If you want the job that bad go somewhere and learn how to do everything involved with the job, prove you can win, and then come home.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Scheyer has a better shot because he wasn't a great player though. Great players usually can't coach so that is two reasons it was a questionable hire.

ADVERTISEMENT