ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Traynor likely picking Louisville this week

The state of Kentucky hasn't produced an All-American since Chris Lofton. True or false?
False. Since 2000, Kentucky has produced 4:

2001--Carlos Hurt(Louisville, KY)
2007- OJ Mayo----I guess? Played HS ball @ Rose Hill, in Ashland. Among other HS stops.
2011--Chane Behanan(Bowling Green)
2017- D'Angelo Russell(Louisville, KY)

I’ve always wondered how Indiana produces so much more talent than Kentucky. Right across the river, similar population, just as much love for basketball. Never made sense to me but Indiana high school ball is on another level
Indianapolis...:D

Indiana-population 6.6 million
Kentucky- 4.4 million

Traynor is a Louisville legacy, his dad is Jason Osborne who was a CARD in the early 90’s.

Reactions: UL_1986
Indiana-population 6.6 million
Kentucky- 4.4 million

Traynor is a Louisville legacy, his dad is Jason Osborne who was a CARD in the early 90’s.
Osborne was a dude.

Also, population is mute. Indiana has produced more AA's than Pennsylvania (12.8) and New Jersey(9million). Per capita, Indiana produces as much NBA talent as any state.

Indianapolis is to thank.....:D. THough great talent over the years has came out of other cities. Most recently, Langford out of New Albany.Winking

Osborne was a dude.

Also, population is mute. Indiana has produced more AA's than Pennsylvania (12.8) and New Jersey(9million). Per capita, Indiana produces as much NBA talent as any state.

Indianapolis is to thank.....:D. THough great talent over the years has came out of other cities. Most recently, Langford out of New Albany.Winking
I remember hearing about that Langford dude, did he ever play college basketball? Jk

Reactions: IUfanBorden
False. Since 2000, Kentucky has produced 4:

2001--Carlos Hurt(Louisville, KY)
2007- OJ Mayo----I guess? Played HS ball @ Rose Hill, in Ashland. Among other HS stops.
2011--Chane Behanan(Bowling Green)
2017- D'Angelo Russell(Louisville, KY)

All-Americans in college is what I was referencing. D'Angelo Russell and Chris Lofton are the only ones that I know of in this century.

I think Harmon is a 2021 guy, maybe dude meant best player in the state in this recruiting class.

Is UK recruiting Harmon? I know there’s a long way to go in Harmon’s recruiting and I guess a lot rides on whether or not askew is going to reclassify (has he decided that yet). He kept saying he wasn’t but since he committed this year it kinda seems like a forgone conclusion that he will end up in the 2020 class, but obv I have no clue.

Is UK recruiting Harmon? I know there’s a long way to go in Harmon’s recruiting and I guess a lot rides on whether or not askew is going to reclassify (has he decided that yet). He kept saying he wasn’t but since he committed this year it kinda seems like a forgone conclusion that he will end up in the 2020 class, but obv I have no clue.
I truthfully do not know. I used to follow recruiting a few years ahead but as I’ve gotten older I can barely keep track of the current class. Just gets kind of weird to track high school basketball players in my mid twenties

I truthfully do not know. I used to follow recruiting a few years ahead but as I’ve gotten older I can barely keep track of the current class. Just gets kind of weird to track high school basketball players in my mid twenties

I have the exact same thought process. Hell we got a commitment last week from D. Davis and I had legitimately never even heard his name mentioned before as a recruiting target.

I live about 30 mins away from Marshall County so around here Harmon is a big deal, like Tandy from UHA was last year. Not comparing the two just saying in western KY there’s not usually a lot of high end talent so when there is one, they tend to garner a lot of attention.

If its 2020 probably no chance uk will offer, 2021 could be.. but I haven't seen any interest thus far in uk circles.

ADVERTISEMENT