ADVERTISEMENT

IU - Loyola Chicago

MKordIUBB

Jul 19, 2017
Team
Indiana
I know IU won, and I’m reading it was 70-48. Romeo Langford had 19 points and 10 rebounds, but that’s all I know so far. I know it doesn’t mean much because it’s preseason (not even), but I’m wondering what other people think about IU that aren’t wearing cream and crimson glasses.

tenor.gif

I know IU won, and I’m reading it was 70-48. Romeo Langford had 19 points and 10 rebounds, but that’s all I know so far. I know it doesn’t mean much because it’s preseason (not even), but I’m wondering what other people think about IU that aren’t wearing cream and crimson glasses.
IU sucks

Most college scrimmages I officiated were controlled. Intervals of playing a zone, man to man, etc, etc..Working on things other coaches want to see. SOme are 20 minutes of "real" basketball. Then broken up 20 minute sessions. THen again, some are 40 minutes of REAL time(no clock stoppage), follwed about situational sessions.

Still though, some good can be taken from these scrimmages. But really, not a ton.

Last edited:
I like Indiana this season.

I think they'll be top half B1g and win a game or few in each tourney.

I enjoyed Loyola's run, will prob catch a game or two of theirs pre-tourney. Their scheduling is ..... lacking.

Most college scrimmages are controlled. Intervals of playing a zone, man to man, etc, etc..Working on things other coaches want to see. SOme are 20 minutes of "real" basketball. Then broken up 20 minute sessions. THen again, some are 40 minutes of REAL time(no clock stoppage), follwed about situational sessions.

Still though, some good can be taken from these scrimmages. But really, not a ton.

True! Exactly why nothing can be gleened from the UNC/Nova score, nore the game above.

True! Exactly why nothing can be gleened from the UNC/Nova score, nore the game above.
Usually not. Now I mean some scrimmages are "game like". Most though are not. I haven't worked any scrimmages lately. So who knows. SOme that I worked were 40 "real time" minutes(no stoppage). Bundled with situational sessions. Some good can come from these. I mean there is a lot of real, game time play. Its just closesly controlled.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
I like Indiana this season.

I think they'll be top half B1g and win a game or few in each tourney.

I enjoyed Loyola's run, will prob catch a game or two of theirs pre-tourney. Their scheduling is ..... lacking.

It’s a shame that run had to come to an end

Usually not. Now I mean some scrimmages are "game like". Most though are not. I haven't worked any scrimmages lately. So who knows. SOme that I worked were 40 "real time" minutes(no stoppage). Bundled with situational sessions. Some good can come from these. I mean there is a lot of real, game time play. Its just closesly controlled.

Yeah, I've always understood the secret scrimmages as pretty structured. Like, one coach will want the other team to run zone or man or whatever and vice versa. I think they are fantastic because you can dictate what your team will face and it generally comes against very good competition.

Awesome. Thanks so much, this is the exact expertise info I was looking for. This new piece of information brings so much more to discuss about the topic.

Thanks again!
Glad you agree. I think IU sucks has been evident for years. At least they are consistent.

I've always felt like one of the best things to take away from these things is player development. Imo, you can actually learn a lot of information about an individual player from these. Of course, not like you can get from a 5 game sample size . But, you can definitely get a feel for what to expect from a player.

As far as the whole team goes, theres almost nothing at all can be taken away from these things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT