ADVERTISEMENT

IU AD Apologizes to Purdue

So overblown. It's a rivalry - students are going to chant stuff. And I was glad to see Matt Painter say as much postgame and today in radio appearances.

Are the profanities great? No, but I'd be much more concerned with the fact my "blue blood" program has lost more conference home games in the past four weeks than my rival's senior class has lost in their college careers.

But I'm going to miss Glass once IU fires him. It's been fun to watching him flail around with their basketball program the past decade or so.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
So overblown. It's a rivalry - students are going to chant stuff. And I was glad to see Matt Painter say as much postgame and today in radio appearances.

Are the profanities great? No, but I'd be much more concerned with the fact my "blue blood" program has lost more conference home games in the past four weeks than my rival's senior class has lost in their college careers.

But I'm going to miss Glass once IU fires him. It's been fun to watching him flail around with their basketball program the past decade or so.
I'm definitely not the biggest supporter of Glass, but I believe his hands are tied by an administration who doesn't give a damn if they even have sports. When the president is pulling 60 million dollars of BIG TV money that the athletic department could really use but instead putting it towards his legacy projects...his hands are tied. The administration is determined to never have another figure as powerful as Knight was. Unfortunately ,the route their taking to achieve this is too run the program into the ground.

Reactions: kl40504
I'm glad UK doesn't play there anymore.
I've sat in the student section at Rupp for UK-UL and that chant at Haarms on Tuesday was tame in comparison to what I was hearing.

Not sure the UK fanbase has any room for moral outrage here.

(And no, the "Cardinal" in my username is not a reference to UL.)

Reactions: bMORE607
I've sat in the student section at Rupp for UK-UL and that chant at Haarms on Tuesday was tame in comparison to what I was hearing.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Fake News. The issue here is not the fans but the administration and coach doing nothing to stop it. If that was at Kenttucky Cal would have grabbed the microphone and announced over the PA system for the fans to stop. What did IU do? Nothing.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Fake News. The issue here is not the fans but the administration and coach doing nothing to stop it. If that was at Kenttucky Cal would have grabbed the microphone and announced over the PA system for the fans to stop. What did IU do? Nothing.
What was "fake news?"

Are people really that soft that a profane chant by a bunch of college students is causing this much outrage?

What was "fake news?"

Are people really that soft that a profane chant by a bunch of college students is causing this much outrage?
You expect exactly what Keion Brooks stated about his last visit to UK. When the fans started hollering that UT was overrated Cal told them to stop. Here is Brooks quote.
It was crazy. I’ve never been to a game where it was that loud. The atmosphere was really lit, and I loved how Coach (John) Calipari could control the crowd.”

You expect exactly what Keion Brooks stated about his last visit to UK. When the fans started hollering that UT was overrated Cal told them to stop. Here is Brooks quote.
It was crazy. I’ve never been to a game where it was that loud. The atmosphere was really lit, and I loved how Coach (John) Calipari could control the crowd.”
To quote the venerable @klize17:

giphy.gif

Reactions: klize17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT