ADVERTISEMENT

It Begins: SU’s Top 10 Recruit Bazley Decommits, will Play in G-League

Without reading the article. Since there’s still the O&D rule in place, how is it determined who he plays for? Also, can he get paid?

Without reading the article. Since there’s still the O&D rule in place, how is it determined who he plays for? Also, can he get paid?

He will get paid the 19-26K salary, but he will make more than that from an agent or shoe company.

There is a G league draft so I assume he just enters his name in there

Reactions: KisteK
Worse facilities than Cuse. Will be taking a bus instead of a charter flight. Coach will only have him one year so they have zero reason to actually play him. Great decision. At least he'll make 30k!!!

Worse facilities than Cuse. Will be taking a bus instead of a charter flight. Coach will only have him one year so they have zero reason to actually play him. Great decision. At least he'll make 30k!!!

Are G League coaches really looking for long term answers? Also, when he is drafted into the G League, how does that work with the NBA affiliate? Lets say the Santa Cruz Warriors get him, can Golden State call him up next year?

Are G League coaches really looking for long term answers? Also, when he is drafted into the G League, how does that work with the NBA affiliate? Lets say the Santa Cruz Warriors get him, can Golden State call him up next year?

No, he would strictly have a G League contract and unable to sign a two way.

Reactions: KisteK and RR30
No, he would strictly have a G League contract and unable to sign a two way.

I still dont see a downside. If you are good enough you will now practice and play against much better competition than collegiate non conference and cellar dwellar ACC teams. Yes you will miss the big exposure games against UNC/Duke/UVA and the NCAAT, but at the end of the day your talent and drive is what is going to determine your paycheck at the next level. Going against better athletes should give him a better idea of what he needs to do to be a pro. He will also not have to bother with pretending to be a student, or the distractions of campus life, and can focus more on honing his skill.

Even if you are not a legit OAD, playing against better competition will increase your odds at playing Euroball longer. Players should only go to college if they want the degree as a fallback. If the dream is to ball then get paid while you can

Reactions: 829305 and klize17
For those who care, Anfernee Simons is also a recruit (not Syracuse) who is choosing to go pro.

Saw this kid first hand, at New ALbany.

BAD........BAD decision.

NBA draft stock heavily weighs potential. Feel like G league could be risky considering how much of a look teams will get on him
Very risky. In college, odds are your weakness's are not exposed. YOu are more or less playing against lesser talent. So coaches can hide your flaws. Those flaws are generally not noticed by NBA exec's until AFTER you sign that 1st round money.

BUt in the G-League? Hell you might not be the 5th best player on your team. Much less the best. And those kinks will be noticed a hell of a lot quicker.

Bad decision, here. Really bad.

Read into it a bit and it looks like his family is dirt poor. Like even the 30k he's gonna make will be a giant help for them. I'd say he still should have gone to college for a year, but if you need money you need money.

NBA draft stock heavily weighs potential. Feel like G league could be risky considering how much of a look teams will get on him

Exactly what I was thinking. What if he doesn't light the world on fire? His stock will drop pretty drastically compared to if he went to college and had a good/not great season and then came out. Too much of the unknown will be known about this guy after a year in the league.

Also, as a professional it makes no sense for him to play for this kind of money. Very little upside to this move IMO.

Read into it a bit and it looks like his family is dirt poor. Like even the 30k he's gonna make will be a giant help for them. I'd say he still should have gone to college for a year, but if you need money you need money.

Wouldn't he get paid a lot more if he went to Europe instead?

Yeah. Really dumb. Will also miss out on being BMOC and slamming coeds on the regular with no effort

Reactions: tw3301
Yeah. Really dumb. Will also miss out on being BMOC and slamming coeds on the regular with no effort
Then getting sue for rape?
I think the kid making a decision to help his family. Until they allow them to go directly from high school, this is a feasible option. This is a professional profession so internship is a valid option.

he is making just a little over poverty level
how much money will he have left after expenses to help his family?

IMHO, this is a bad decision by this kid for many reasons

Does that count a shoe deal/endorsements?

how much endorsements do you think he will get?
i highly doubt he gets a big endorsement deal

what happens if he fizzles out?
at least if they go one year to college they have that much to fall back on
not to mention a lot of schools have started doing what UK/Cal are doing and giving them lifetime scholarships

if i were to bet, i would put money on him not being college eligible
so my point may be mute

Then getting sue for rape?
I think the kid making a decision to help his family. Until they allow them to go directly from high school, this is a feasible option. This is a professional profession so internship is a valid option.

Lol if that was the case Devin Booker would have lawsuits by about 400 women at UK RollLaugh

I dunno, if he even gets $50k in endorsements on top of his $25k, it can go a long way.
.. But you better make sure you're good enough, because everybody lookin to get paid. If he's enough, good call. If he's not, shame on the lot of em.

Should he not get drafted in 2019, imo, shame shame shame.

ADVERTISEMENT